Don't Be Late

BAP Screaming Lessons

Bang Yongguk- "Don't Be Late"


It was the first day of your new job as a receptionist at this fancy hotel that had just been opened up in the city. The only spot they had open was the night shift, and although you would have much preferred one of the day shifts, this job was too good to turn down.

"Yah! Wait! Wait!" You ran as fast as you could towards the slowly closing train doors. But, just to your luck, the doors shut right as you reached them.

"Ah, !" You cursed under your breath and stuffed your hands into the warmth of your cotton jacket. You missed your train, and it was your first day ( or night, really ) so it'll most likely leave you with a bad impression. Biting down on your bottom lip because of the cold, you slowly made your way over to a large poster on one side of the wall that had all the train's time written on it.

You ran your pale finger along the line of trains on the poster until you finally found the one you needed to catch.
"Jesus Christ, it's not coming until another hour." you huffed and kicked an empty coke bottle that was at your feet. The bottle went flying and hit one of the rusted metal train tracks, making a loud 'ting!' noise. 
Letting out a deep, irritated sigh, you went and sat down on one of the cold benches opposite the tracks. It was so cold. Icy, even. Even though it was winter, it did feel a little colder than usual.

A few minutes later another train came, but it wasn't the one that you needed to catch so you remained sitting. That was the train that took all of the other people that were waiting at the station away to their destination, so you were the only one left. But you kinda expected it, what kind of person would want to catch a train at 2 am? No one, except for those idiots of course that missed the earlier train. You mentally slapped yourself.

The air was getting colder by the second as soft snow flakes were starting to fall, casting a light, white sort of 'blanket' over your heavy jacket and messy blonde hair. Shivering, you took your new name tag from the vicinity of your chest and fiddled it in between your fingers.
'Hello, I'm Yongguk.' it said in fancy writing. 

"Wow, who'd have thought a guy like me would get a job like this." You mumbled to yourself with a light smile on your lips. 


"-- You seem like a nice guy to me."

You turned your head abruptly to face the source of the voice.
It was a girl, maybe only 15 or 16 years of age. She was pretty, she had long black hair that ran down her back like a long, wave of darkness. Her eyes were big, ( unlike most Koreans, including yourself ) and she had high cheek bones that made her look like some sort of living doll.

"May I help you?" You asked, but the girl only returned your smile with a small smile.
"Annyeong, I'm Myeong. It's nice to meet you!" She said, sticking out her hand in front of you for a handshake. You looked at her hand and shook your head. They were so dirty, her fingernails had dirt and remnants of dried blood along the sides, no way were you going to touch something that dirty.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, sticking her bottom lip and tilting her head to the side.
"Ah, aniya. It's just... Too cold for handshakes right now." You lied.

Her lips curved into a soft smile and she sat beside you, you shuffled away slightly. Why was such a young girl by herself in the subway this late? Or rather, this early in the morning? You were just about to ask her why, when she suddenly turned her gaze to you and let out a soft mumble, "So are you here to do the same as the rest?"

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at her strangely, "Do w-what?"

"Jump." She said calmly.
"-W-what? Jump?"
"Yeah, in front of the train. Like all the others."

You coughed and waved your hands, your earlier smirk resurfacing on your pale face.
"Me? Naaahhh, I've got to much to live for."

Myeong sent you a soft, sympatetic smile that made the corners of her eyes crinkle, before turning her attention towards the train tracks.
"That's what they all say, then..." Her smile changed into a toothy grin as she extended her thin arm and pointed towards the tracks. "They do that."

You frowned from confusion and looked at the tracks, to your horror there was a young school girl, probably around the same age as Myeong, standing on the edge on the platform with tears streaming down her plump cheeks. Her arms were trembling and her she nervously dialing a number on her phone.

Gasping, you shot up and was about to rescue the young girl, pull her back from the tracks and scold her for trying to take her life at such a young age. But, just as you were about to run to her, Myeong put her arm in front of you, blocking your way and whispered.

"Don't give her any attention, she's only trying to fool you."
"What? Are you crazy?! She's about to jump!" You screamed at the top of your lungs and pushed Myeong's thin arm aside.
"Don't give her any attention, that's what they crave." She continued in a low, stern voice. Her tone sent chills down your spine.

You had no idea what to do, what to say, or more importantly -- what to believe. This all seemed so... so surreal.

You watched the suicidal school girl intently as she continued fumbling her chubby fingers along the keypad of her phone, when finally the phone started calling. But, what happened next was the thing that really made you want to run.

'Bring... Bring... Bring'

It was your phone.

'Bring... Bring.... Bring'

Your phone was ringing.

Confused and scared, you picked up the phone and looked at it. It had the caller I.D of someone called 'Sunny'; this made it even more strange because you didn't know anyone by the name of 'Sunny', so you didn't have any contacts on your phone under that name.You were trembling so hard that the phone almost dropped out of your hands.

"Don't pick it up." You heard Myeong say clearly. But for some reason - maybe it was curiosity, or maybe you were just an arrogant guy that never listened to anyone's advice, but you soon found yourself picking up the phone and pressing it softly against your left ear.

"..h-hello.." You said in a soft, creaky voice.

The girl's head slowly, oh ever so slowly, turned in your direction and you fell back.

She wasn't an innocent little school girl anymore.

She was a monster.

Her clothes were ripped and her body was covered in blood. Her once plump lips were now a bloody messy, the flesh from her bottom lip was unnaturally hanging down and the hair on her head was covered in dried blood, it stuck to the side of her face.

"You've done it." You heard Myeong chuckle from beside you, but when you looked at her she was gone.

- - -

Your heart was racing, you could hear it pumping loud in your ears.

What have you gotten yourself into..

Before you could even scream, the girl had lunged at you with two rays of (what looked like) a million gleaming, white teeth. Her distorted lips pursed into a small smirk as your whole being tried to push her away. But she was far too strong; far, far too strong .

So none of it worked.

Maybe next time you'll make sure not to be late..

 

 


 

(poster (c.))