Cyber Buddies

BAP Screaming Lessons

Kim Himchan- "Cyber Buddies"


It was the typical evening and you had just returned from school. After greeting your family, eating some food and having a quick shower, you soon found yourself sitting in front of the illuminating screen that you knew all too well as your computer.

"I hope Himchan is online." You muttered to yourself as you entered the web address of your favorite social site and clicked the ‘users online’ section. You grinned idiotically to yourself as you saw the words ‘Himchan Kim’ light up.

"Yessssss, he's on!" You quickly clicked on his name with your cursor, but before you could type your greeting, a small chatbox had already opened up and you saw the word “hey” appear underneath Himchan's name. Grinning, you quickly typed "Hey, What's up?"

He replied almost a millisecond after you sent the message, "Nothing much, just reading some stuff, what about you?"

It was weird how he replied so fast, maybe he was just a really fast typer? But either way, you liked it. "Just got home from school, whatcha reading?" You typed.

"Just some psychological stuff, I’ve been feeling weird lately." He quickly responded.

You've never met Himchan before at all; you only met him on that social site you were using. He seemed cute, so the first time he greeted you, you replied, and since then you've just started to get along really well.
"Weird? What’s wrong?" You asked, a bit worried.

"If I tell you, you might think I'm scary." He answered. You laughed to yourself and wrote, "I would never, you're like family to me now. So what's wrong?"

"I….. feel like…" He sent you the un-finished message. Once you read it, you cocked your head to the side and frowned slightly.

"Feel like what?"

"I… I-I feel like killing lots of people."

Thinking that it was some kind of joke, you laughed and soon responded, "Really? Go kill someone then!"

"I did. I killed my mother earlier this morning, then my dad came home, so I killed him too. Oh that reminds me, it's almost 3 o'clock right? My little sis should be coming home around about now." Himchan replied in his usual millisecond average speed. Blinking, you bit down on your bottom lip, "A-are you being serious, or is this a stupid joke?"

"Why would I joke about something like this? Ah, wait she's home… I’ll be right back."

Leaning back in your chair, you didn't know what to believe. Himchan was kinda weird at times, but he wasn't the type to actually kill people, let alone his own family... This had to be some sort of sick little joke he was playing. "Okay, stop playing around… this is creeping me out.." You said to him.

It took him a few minutes to reply, but when he did, it wasn't text, but a photo… of a young girl, probably only 5 or 6 years old, lying dead on the kitchen floor. Her long, black pigtails were soaked in blood and hanging over one side of her face, while the pupils of her eyes had rolled into the back of her head. She still had her school uniform on, and even her school bag was still firmly strapped around her small shoulders.

You gasped and moved away from the computer screen slightly. This… this was insane. Stuff like this shouldn’t be happening to you..

"Now do you believe me?" He continued. You don't know why, but you moved back in reach of the keyboard and sent him a reply.

"Why… Why would you kill so many people that you love?"

"That's the problem. I love them, but they don't love me. No one loves me. It’s always a one-sided sorta thing. So that's why I'm killing everyone I love.”

You couldn’t believe what was happening. "That just doesn't make sense. They're your family, of course they love you."

"No, they don't. Well, what's done is done. I'm off to kill all the others." He replied.

"Wh-who's that.." You said shakily, you had to re-read that sentence almost three times, because you were so nervous that you weren't typing properly.

"Hey, have you ever seen one of those videos where you are asked to look for, or follow a specific thing throughout the video? Then, at the end, they reveal that as you were watching, something large and intrusive moved around in plain sight and you never even noticed it? It's frightening how often that happens, like how I just moved from the doorway into your room as you read this."

Your eyes widened, and you turned around slowly.

"I love you" Himchan whispered.  


author's note:
Sound familiar? Yes! This is a one-shot I wrote for my old one-shot collection "BAP Horror Shots"
Hope you enjoyed it!

graphics credits: kimxbb & musicchibi @ king for a day.