Chapter 1

So Close

 

Life and love together are like a mess of strings all tangled up. Though Sungyeol never expected his life to end up that way. He had just gotten back home last night. Luckily, he had easily met up with an old friend. Even luckier, the said friend was willing enough to buy them both dinner and drinks. So there were the two of them, at a small restaurant just about to close, catching up with each other's life.
  "You know I could shoot you one day," Myungsoo said, giving him a smile that was rarely seen to others.
  "I don't know, you have to talk to my agent about that," Sungyeol replied, grinning cockily.
  His friend let out a scoff, "I'm pretty sure he'll let me if you just say yes. Besides, it'll be nice to work together. Living the old dream."
  Sungyeol can't help but laugh, "You sound like an old man."
  His friend merely raised his glass before downing it in one go.
  Sungyeol shook his head, knowing his friend's alcohol tolerance limit. He should probably stop, seeing that his friend was incapable of driving at that point.
  Coming back home was always something he would avoid. Using the excuse, he didn't have time and had to finish all his college assignments. But his guilt towards his parents, especially his Mum who constantly asked when he's coming back, soon brought him back home. A small village where he used to play with his, currently tipsy, friend. He then wished he came back more often.
  Maybe he had over reacted, time passed by, there was no way everything was still the same. When he got off the airport, the one who picked him up was Myungsoo, a friend he had since childhood. The two seemed at loss of what they should said, and ended up talking at the same time half the time. Myungsoo was one of the things that didn't change, thankfully, with the guy's quiet appearance giving him the icy prince look, yet his playfulness was still there. The boy that Sungyeol had pushed into the lake when they were younger was still there, as his best friend.
  "Hey, you never told me," Myungsoo suddenly said.
  "What?"
  "Have you found her yet?"
  Confused, Sungyeol wondered who he was talking about.
  "You know, your special princess," Myungsoo continued. "The one you liked throughout high school. I still can't believe I don't know who she is."
  Sungyeol smiled softly, averting his eyes to his glass. Of course, Myungsoo would remember that. The latter was always bugging him about who she was. The mystery girl that Sungyeol crushed on for so long. Sungyeol would've told him if 'she' was a girl.
  "Or did you specifically come back just to see her?" Myungsoo asked, now a grinning widely, nudging his friend. "Tell me who she is!"
  "Nah, I just came back cause I know how much you miss me," Sungyeol replied, ignoring the younger's demand. "I didn't want you to keep crying at night, just because I'm not there anymore to cuddle with you in bed anymore."
  The latter let out a snort, "I didn't miss you that badly. Besides, I already have someone else warming the other side of the bed."
  "You didn't tell me you met someone," Sungyeol said, sounding betrayed.
  "I wanted to tell you," he replied, defensively. "I just didn't know how to bring it up."
  "What? That you got a new boy toy? You never had that problem before."
  It wasn't a secret to Sungyeol that his best friend was bi.
  "He's not my boy toy," Myungsoo mumbled, blushing slightly.
  Sungyeol chuckled, "So it is a boy. Do I know him?"
  "Yes," he answered, slowly. "He was in high school with us, different year though."
  "Who is it?"
  "Lee Sungjong," Myungsoo answered, barely audible to Sungyeol.
  "Oh," he replied, surprised. "Why do you seem so scared to tell me?"
  He shrugged, "You didn't seem to like him back then. I don't know how you might feel about it."
  Seeing his friend turning the glass in his hands nervously, Sungyeol slapped his back, chuckling, "So the pretty boy finally caught the ice prince's heart. Who would've known?"
  Myungsoo gave him a light shove, still a bit red.
  Sungyeol can't help but chuckle at how irony life can be.
 
•••
Well, this . I might edit this one day. Anyways, enjoy and thanks for subbing. So touched n_n
 

Thanks to estimate from Princess ♔ Poster Shop for the poster above :)