Chapter 04

Ice Cream Love

The school’s garden had quickly become Soomi’s favorite place to be. It was a beautiful place and not many came there so she could enjoy some peace and quiet. That particular day, she was leaning against a tree while enjoying a romance novel when she heard a ruckus nearby.

Placing the book back into her bag, Soomi stood up, trying to see who was disturbing the silence in the garden. To her annoyance, she spotted the blob of blonde she’d been looking for all week.

Soomi huffed, grabbed her bag and stormed towards the boy who was muttering angrily to himself. She tapped him on his shoulder and when he turned around to face her, his eyes widening in recognition, Soomi smirked.

“Oh, it’s you,” L.Joe pointed to her. A smirk appeared on his face as he spoke the next few words, “What’s wrong? Wasn’t the money I gave you enough? I didn’t think you’d be back asking for more so soon.”

Soomi’s face scrunched up in disgust. The amount of self-confidence the egotistic maniac oozed caused her to grimace. Reaching into her bag she pulled out the money, 50 thousand won exact, and handed it to L.Joe.

“Here’s your money. I don’t need it you jerk.” Soomi ground out.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Acting all self-righteous now are we” he drawled.

Soomi gawped at him. How could this boy be so rude and cocky?

“Just keep it. And trust me,” L.Joe looked her up and down, shot a critical look to her old backpack, then continued, “you need it.”

Soomi glared at L.Joe, a billion curses rushing through her mind. She crushed the bills he’d place back onto her palm and threw it on his face. Drawing her hand back, she struck it against his cheek then angrily muttered out ‘Bastard’ and stormed off.

L.Joe was left behind, a dazed look in his eyes and a burning print on his cheek. She had just slapped him!

L.Joe ground his teeth. ‘Who the hell does she think she is? That !’ 


 

Thanks for subscribing guys but please do comment to let me know what you think, too :)