Chapter 03

Ice Cream Love

After her encounter with the blonde, Soomi had lost her appetite. Instead of staying at the cafeteria, she’d returned to her classroom and taken to reading a romance novel.

Soomi had always loved fairy tales and sweet, innocent romance stories. They’d always made her happy and she’d feel satisfied after reading the ‘happily ever after’ endings. She even dreamed of having her own ‘happily ever after’ even though she’d never dated before.

The bell rang soon and Soomi placed her book back into her bag, a happy smile on her face.

 

 

Three periods later, Soomi was back at her locker, now packing up to go home. Her first day at school had gone fairly well, if she did say so herself; after all, it could’ve been way worse, what with the stupid blonde jerk being in the same school and all.

Slinging her backpack over her shoulder and humming a tune to herself, she stepped out of the school gates only to get caught in a crowd. A huge group of T.O.P. High students were crowded around something and they had effectively barricaded the only exit.

Soomi frowned. ‘What are they all standing here for?

She stood on her tip-toes and tried to peek over the top of all the tall heads but it was no use. Deciding to push her way through, Soomi slipped between the masses.

She was pushed a little and got pulled a couple of times but somehow, she managed to make it to the other side. She let a relieved breath out and began walking towards her house again but then paused and slowly turned around to see what the whole fuss was really about.

Through the thick crowd, she was able to distinctly make out fine blonde hair which she immediately recognized to be of the boy she’d begun to despise.

The crowd chanted the same name over and over, ‘L.Joe! L.Joe! L.Joe!

That must be his name,’ Soomi realized. ‘What kind of name is L.Joe though?

Shaking her head, she spun around and walked away from the rowdy fight.

L.Joe…’ Soomi made a mental note of his name. ‘I’ll make sure to pay him back.

 


 

Big thanks to bts_bangtanboys and Suzy_Song Suji for subscribing.