Chapter 05

Ice Cream Love

L.Joe kept the icepack against his cheek muttering curses all along. The nurse eyed his bruise curiously but when L.Joe glared at her, she quickly went back to her business.

The painful sting in his left cheek reminded L.Joe over and over again about the brave, or maybe stupid, girl who’d dared to slap T.O.P High’s kingka.

Just who was that girl…?’ L.Joe wondered. He’d never seen her in school before. ‘Maybe she’s new…

When the pain in his cheek reduced and the redness faded, L.Joe handed the icepack back to the nurse and made his way to his classroom. On the way, he happened to pass by a trio of girls who squealed silently when he passed by then continued on with their conversation.

“Did you notice the new girl in class?” One of them asked.

“Oh yeah, I heard she’s from Busan.” Another spoke.

L.Joe spun around so fast, the girls nearly jumped in fear. “Did you just say there’s a new girl in your class?” he asked.

“L.Joe-ssi…” The girls swooned. “Y-Yeh. She joined a few days back.”

L.Joe narrowed his eyes. “Is she about this tall and has brown hair?” L.Joe inquired raising his hand to a few inches below his own height.

The girls shared a confused look then hesitantly nodded.

L.Joe slammed his hand on the wall behind the girls and leaned close to one of them. “I need you to tell me everything you know about her.” His voice seductive and charming, caused the girl to babble like a parrot.

And just like that, L.Joe knew the girl’s name, class and hometown.

Park Soomi,’ L.Joe tried out the name. A smirk graced his features and he mentally decided that they’d be enemies for life.