Three.

Letting go our Loved Ones.....
Dr. Cho stepped out and quietly closed the door behind her. The five people looked at her, eyes filled with worry and fear. 
 
"Is unnie okay?" Krystal asked. 
 
Dr. Cho nodded. "The patient is stressed out, and that's bad for the baby. The patient is sleeping, so she should wake up after a while. Tell her to call me when she wakes up." 
 
"Why?" Amber asked.
 
Dr. Cho looked at the people and spoke calmly. "To find out when she is going to have abortion."
 
A silence occurs as the four girls look at the doctor, disgust clearly seen in their face. "How can you say that?" Luna said. Dr. Cho looks at the girls squarely, and felt that they should know what is really happening.
 
"Do you really think that netizens won't mind with this situation even if the company gave a reasonable story? If Victoria does get married, then everyone will know about the baby. Do you think she will get away with the negative responses? Sunye from Wonder Girls is hated for the lack of promotions and the situation Wonder Girls are in. You girls will also be affected, remember that. Also, the father must be an idol to considering how nervous your manager looks right now. She will get more hate from the fans, and people are not going to look favorably on the marriage. Would Victoria really be happy with the baby ruining hers and the guy's careers? You girls are at the peck right now, and this will help you. This is what many female celebrities say to me when they come for abortions. Also, you know what's the reputation in the society that comes if a girl is pregnant before her marriage right?" 
 
Her words made the girls speechless as the manager looked at Dr. Cho, saying why did she have to say it like that. She shrugs as the answer and started to head towards the exit. 
 
"You are not going to tell anyone this, right?" Krystal asked. 
 
Dr. Cho stopped. "This is my job; I get paid for keeping secrets." 
 
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

She thought that her father treated her the same way as every father did. Her father didn’t remember her birthdays, nor did he ever buy her presents. Whenever she woke up, she was told by her mother that her father had left for work early. At night, her mother says that her father had returned when she was sleeping, and being the naïve girl she was, she believed in her mother’s lies. She never questioned about her father, thinking that it was normal. It was only when she attended school did she realize that there was something wrong in her family. Her first day of school was the first step. She noticed how other kids had both of their parents to drop them off, while it was only her mother for her. She witnessed how her friends’ fathers would come and pick them up. That was when she realized how little she knew about her own father, after finding her friends talking about their families. She realized that she didn’t know what her father likes or dislikes or what to say when they had to create a card for their fathers. She never received love from her father, and it was after did she realize that her father would only talk to her when people were surrounding them. It was when she was ten years old did she stay up all night, pretending she was sleeping, that she found out that her father never came back home that day. She realized how mother would lie to her every morning whenever she would ask about her father. From that time, she started to see things in a different perspective. She was talented in dance, and she could go to the prestigious school at a very young age. Since she was ten years old, she forced to grow up as she lived in the city alone in the dorms. She realized she was much happier than she was with her parents, but she still missed them. But that changed when she went back to her home for her first holiday.

She just couldn’t sleep, and she had lain on the bed. Suddenly she heard the front door open and shut close harshly. Chills ran down her spine when she realized her father was home for the first time she remembered. She was excited to see him and she was about to get up from her bed when she heard something crashing. The next thing she knew she heard raising voices from her parents, and her petite body was paralyzed with fear. Her heart pounded as the voices rose high and low, but she couldn’t get up and stop them. They were scaring her, as tears poured out from her innocent eyes. From that day on, she knew that family wasn’t as normal as they had shown to others, and she knew there wasn’t any “love” in her family. That disturbing night was the day she turned into a teenager, a fifteen year old girl. From then on, she rarely visited her home, and her mother would only attend her performances. The summer she turned eighteen, her high school over and university starting in Beijing, she went back to her home after a long time to find her mother the only one staying in the house. She found out that her parents divorced two months ago and she didn’t even know about it. Her custody was taken by her mother, since her father had made it clear that he didn’t want his daughter. Her mother told her that they had waited till she was eighteen to get divorce, so that at least people won’t be talking or gossiping. But she felt as if she was the reason why their parents had got married (which later, as she pondered, was true). She wasn’t really surprised; she knew one day her parents will divorce with all the fighting and seeing their affairs. But it still hurt how her father never gave her goodbye, and the hope that her family would be happy again broke. Later she got an opportunity to start her life somewhere new, where no one would have a chance to find out about her past. It would also help her to forget about her past, and a chance to be someone new. So she left her home to be Victoria Song.  

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Victoria knew she is in her bedroom the minute she opened her eyes. The familiarity comforted her as she got up. She stopped when she saw a bandage on her right arm, and wondered what had happened before. The she remembered how she fainted right in front of the girls, so she could assume that they had called Dr. Cho, and that they knew about the situation too. She slumped back in her bed, her hand automatically on her womb as her head was against the pillow. She had to make the decision before she has to meet her members outside her room. She knew she couldn’t go through abortion at all. The thought of killing “it” already made her sick, and she knew she couldn’t do it. No matter how small, “it” still is a life, and had the right to live. Abortion is not the right choice, she decided.

Then should she get married to Changmin just for the child? If she tells the truth, then as a gentleman he is, Changmin would take the responsibilities and she would be naïve to believe that maybe they could be a happy family. But she heard his true thoughts today, and knew that her dream could never be true. Her own childhood passed through her mind, and knew her decision right away. She heard the truth behind his words, and knew that he wouldn’t be happy with the sudden marriage. Could she still go to Changmin even after knowing his true meaning? Would she want him to suffer with their marriage? Will she let her own child live the same pain as she suffered because of unloving father? Could she?

And the answer was simple: no, no and no. Then there was no other choice but to leave

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"We already know unnie," Krystal says as Victoria comes out of her room. She looks at her members staring, her manager behind them looking at her. 

"Girls, I...." 

"We know, you are leaving right?" Amber says. 

Tears starts to form in her eyes as she sees how her decision can effect her members. She is the leader; she is supposed to keep the group together. She is the one that's supposed to bring the group together, she is the one that is breaking it. Luna steps in and hugs the leader as a way to comfort her. The rest of the members also joined, each of their arms wrapped around another member. Victoria kept whispering "I am sorry" as others keep saying that it was alright. They had known what Victoria's decision would be but for different reasons.

They didn't want their leader to get bashed by crazy fans of Changmin. They knew how scary some fans can, particularly sasaengs fans. They didn't want their unnie to get hate for having to be Changmin's wife. Also, netizens can be really hateful. They have witnessed and themselves went through their hate, and they wanted to protect their leader. 

After all, family protects each member. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Yes Teacher-nim, we all agree with this decision," Krystal said while holding Victoria's hand. Lee Soo Man looked at the five girls intensely before giving a nod. He took out some papers from his desk and gave it to Victoria. 

"Sign these papers before you leave. The contract will be terminated once you will sign this. You should keep the stocks  of SM, since there is no where that states you have to give it up," he's aid. Victoria nodded and read the papers. He noticed how her hands were shaking, but the younger girls kept patting on her back for comfort. The papers were done, andVictoria technically no longer is in SM.

"But what about the others Teacher-nim? Would the CEO and other board members be okay with your decision?" Luna daringly voiced out. 

Lee Soo Man is no longer the CEO, but he is still the founder of SM. He is the one that owns most of the stocks in the company. He may no longer have a position, but he still he has power and influence. "Don't worry, I will protect you guys," he assured. 

"Thank you, Teacher-nim," Victoria bowed, and the girls followed her. The founder shook his head. "You are the one that I am supposed to thank. If this does become a scandal, then there will huge impact. DBSK and you guys still earn a lot of money, and this would have affected the company too. The sales would go down, the stock price would go too, and everyone would be affected. You leaving with the baby is helping everyone. I will whatever it takes to protect you," he said. 

He took a step forward and give her fatherly hug. "You have suffered a lot, Song Qian. Be happy and always stay strong." 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Remember to call once you reach, okay?" Her manager said as he give Victoria a brief hug.  She gave him a nod as her mind wandered back to her memory. 

"Unnie, no matter what, we will always be with you. Okay?" Krystal said as other looked at her. She gave them a nod and gave them a group hug. She said she call them once she reaches her hometown. Now, she is in the airport with her manager, but her members couldn't come personally to send her off. It would create a lot of uproar if they were here. She just has one suitcase to not look so suspicious. Her rest of the stuff would be shipped by her members. 

"Don't just disappear without telling us. Tell us everywhere you move or anything. We need to know if something happens, okay?" Her manager said. She gave him a final nod and said their goodbyes. She just knew it wasn't going to their last time meeting, she hoped as she entered the departure area. 

She sighed and turned back to the empty airport. She is right in front of gate, her gate to home. She would leave everything once she passes this gate. She brushed off a tear which escaped her eyes and walked towards the gate. Never had she thought one day this would happen to her. She says it's a mistake, but she herself is not sure about this. One night and everything changed. She left everything for a single reason: Him.