2

Broken
Two weeks later, Junhyung came by again to Hyuna's shop. This time he just wanted to come peacefully without showing off since he had been having a bad dream about her. 
 
He was surprised to see the shop close. It wasn't like Hyuna to close her business. She would still work even if she caught cold or flu. That was how determine and hard working she was.
 
Then he saw a girl coming out of Hyuna's shop, a girl that seemed a bit familiar to him. Where did he see her before? 
 
"I'm sorry. The shop is closed." The girl told him. The girl eyed him from head to toe. She paused for a moment to look at him. "Aren't you Yong Junhyung?"
 
Junhyung was taken aback. "H-How did you know me?"
 
"We met long time ago. I'm Goo Hara, Hyuna's bestfriend." 
 
Then it hit him. He remembered her. She was the girl who grew up together with Hyuna. "I remember you."
 
"The shop has been closed, so you don't have to come again." Hara said sadly.
 
"W-Why?"
 
Hara looked at him apologetically. "It's just a perfect timing that you're here. This is a letter from Hyuna."
 
She handed him the letter which he instantly opened to read it.
 
Dear Junhyung,
 
There is no word that could explain how sorry I am about breaking up with you. If only I could turn back time, I would take back my word. 
I crushed you and it hurt me too, a lot. I never knew how it felt to be broken, but now I knew. No words can express how I feel right now. This letter couldn't even tell fully how I feel. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I couldn't support you when you were at your lowest. I couldn't give anything a girlfriend should have given.
 
You came to my shop last week. You don't know how happy I was to see you there. I wanted to tell you that you haven't changed, still handsome as ever. I wanted to give you a warm hug, but I was too afraid to do so. I was afraid that I would break down. I could only watched you and mesmerised by your flawless features. You ordered peonies for your someone special. I had wished that it would be me since they were my favorite. But hey, who am I to receive that kind of treatment from you after what I have done to you? You also told me that you wouldn't be with me again. I was hurt, but that's okay. You deserve a better one than me. I'm glad that you came. I could at least see you again. I had a good dream that night. I dreamt about you and me. We went on a trip together. We were the happiest couple on earth.
 
You came again with a girl the next day. I saw how intimate you two were and I had a selfish thought and wished that it should have been me. My heart scattered and I thought I died a million times. I was hurt and I was jealous, but of course I couldn't do anything about it. I hurt you first. But I am happy of what kind of a man you have become. You are now successful and your wealth is no joke. I am very proud of you, Junhyung. God has answered my prayer. I prayed all night that you would be the man you are now.
 
I love you and I want to let go. I never hate you. I never intended to leave you, but I had to. I wish you happiness now that you are successful. Marry the girl you love and build a small and happy family. I will always pray for you. I will always love you.
 
Hyuna
 
Junhyung froze and looked at Hara. 
 
"She wanted me to give this to you." Hara told him.
 
"H-Hyuna... Where is she? Is she at her home? Is she inside?"
 
Hara only stared at him and shook her head. "S-She's here. She was waiting for you."
 
"Is she? Can you bring me to her?"
 
Hara nodded and led him inside the shop and inside the shop, there was a beautiful garden with a lot of flowers. He never thought that Hyuna would hide such a beautiful place behind her shop.
 
They walked passing different kind of flowers planted by Hyuna when Hara suddenly came to a stop on a grassy ground. "H-Hyuna-yah... He's here."
 
Junhyung froze at what he saw. There lie a carved stone on the grass with Hyuna's name written beautifully on it. His body was trembling in fear and his hands were sweating. His head felt dizzy at the sight of it.
 
"No..." He shook his head, his eyes in tears.
 
"H-Hyuna... She passed away two days ago." Hara said sadly.
 
"No. No. No." Junhyung cried. But he just met her two weeks ago.
 
"When she broke up with you, she just found out that she was ill. It was why Hyuna decided to leave you. She didn't want to be a burden to you. She wanted you to focus on your work and study. Her family was kicked out of their house because they couldn't pay rent anymore. They were in a huge debt. They wanted to treat Hyuna, but they couldn't afford it." Hara started, tears b in her eyes. "Her parents died in an accident not long after they moved, leaving Hyuna only by herself. She was devastated and she had noone to lean on. She cried herself to sleep every night."
 
Junhyung let out tears fall down his face. He tried to choke back his tears to no avail. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had always thought that Hyuna was materialistic and that was why she left him. He never thought how bad her condition was and he was sorry for it. His knees couldn't take it anymore. They fell on the ground.
 
"She can't..."
 
"She eventually made it to open up her own shop. She fround this place and bought it with her hard-earned money. She never got any treatment for her illness. She was always waiting for the day to see you again until that day. She told me that you came by her shop and it made her really happy that she cried. She was so proud of you. You're the only thing she always talked about." Hara broke down. "It was always her wish to see you for the last time before she dies and her wish came true. Her condition dropped since last week. And two days ago, she..."
 
Hara couldn't finish her sentence.
 
"No... I'm sorry, Hyuna-yah." He screamed. He couldn't imagine Hyuna being sick and weak. It pained him to just imagine it.
 
Junhyung crawled toward her stone and hugged it in his arms. "I never stopped loving you. I didn't mean to hurt you that day. I only wanted you to beg for me. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I-I'm sorry... Come back..."
 
He hated himself for acting so immature that day. Who would have known that that would be the last time he saw her?
 
If only he could turn back time, he would do anything for her. He would spend her last remaining days with her. He would even give his life for her, to be with her. 
 
"I love you... Baby... I love you"