1

Broken
"Let's break up!" She said, looking straight into his eyes without any fear or guilt.
 
Junhyung, who was taken aback with what she said, immediately turned his head towards her. He wondered if he was hearing it correctly. "What did you say?"
 
"I wanna break up with you." She said again sternly and seriously.
 
"W-Why all of the sudden? We were just fine." Junhyung asked. He swore he could his heart beating. He still couldn't believe that he was being dumped by the girl he loves.
 
Hyuna just shrugged, "I don't know. I guess the older I get, the more I think about my future. And to think that you have nothing..."
 
"Wh-What are you saying?"
 
 "I'm already 22, Oppa. I'm old enough to get married." Hyuna mocked. "But look at you! You have no money and you don't even have a decent job. You're only working as a bartender. What's so good about that? If I ever want to get married, I want to marry someone who's well-off. I want to live a good life. I don't want to struggle with you."
 
Junhyung was hurt by what she said. But everything she said was true. He had nothing. He was nothing for his 24 years old of life.
 
"Let's just break up, Oppa! I see nothing about us in the future. Don't ever look for me! Only find me when you're wealthy enough."
 
 
The memory was still fresh in his mind, as if it just happened yesterday. Who knew it had been five years since then? Time did fly so fast, didn't it?
 
He turned his chair around, facing the mirror, looking out to the street from his 66th floor office room. He heaved a long sigh. 
 
Junhyung had been working hard this past five years. He did everything he could to achieve his goals.  Who knew his bad experience in love would turn him into one of the richest men in Korea? Who knew he would invent something and built his own company? 
 
Now he could get any girl he wanted. He could buy anything he wanted. He could buy anything. In fact, he had too much money and he didn't know where to spend them off.
 
He suddenly remembered his past, his old love, Kim Hyuna.
 
She was the only girl he ever loved. They dated for three years and he had planned to marry her until she decided to break it off with him.
 
He had been hurt and devastated. He had noone in this world and even the girl he loved didn't want to be with him. He was angry and dissappointed. Dissappointed at the girl he loved who only looked for money. 
 
After the break up, he promised himself to work hard to be rich. And he would show it off to her, to Hyuna what he was capable of. And true to his word, he was now one of the wealthiest men in the country.
 
His cellphone suddenly went off, snapping him out of his own thought.
 
"Hello." He answered.
 
"Sajangnim, i found her." The person on the other line said.
 
***
 
He went straight to the place written on that piece of paper. The address led him to a flower shop.
 
Yes! He had been looking for her for a while. She had been missing after they broke up and he never saw her since then. The house she used to live was bought buy some old foreign guy who just moved to Korea. She no longer went to school or work. She was completely missing with her whole family.
 
Now that he had everything, he wanted to show it off to her. He wanted to find her and made her see what he had become. He wanted her to regret leaving him when he had nothing and noone because now he had everything.
 
He entered the shop.
 
A girl heard the bell ringing, indicating that a customer was entering her shop. She was making a bouquet of flowers when she heard it. She turned around. "Good morning.!"
 
And she was surprised by what or rather who she saw. Her heart skipped a beat and she blinked her eyes repeatedly.
 
Junhyung smirked.
 
As if seeing a ghost, the girl instantly dropped the bouquet of flowers she was arranging, a terrified look on her face.
 
It had been five years since she saw him. Now he was standing here before her, looking the most decent, more handsome than ever. He looked the best in the suit he was wearing right now. His face was more masculine and manly than before. He looked matured.
 
But what about her? She looked the worst today. She even hadn't washed her hair for four straight days, talking about bad hair. 
 
But how did he come here? Did he know she was here?
 
"Hi." The guy said.
 
The girl was silent.
 
"I'm looking for a nice bouquet of flowers for a special girl." He began.
 
She was too dumbfounded, still couldn't believe that her ex-boyfriend was here, the ex that she dumped a couple years back and never wanted to see again. How did he look so good now? 
 
Earning no reply from the girl, he purposely cleared his throat.
 
"Uh. Sorry. What kind of flowers do you want?" She asked him.
 
"Let's see..." He said. "White peonies. I want a hundred of them in a bouquet." 
 
Her favorite flowers.
 
And he knew it. He knew she always loved flowers and he knew that it was her dream to open a florist shop. It did come true. 
 
"A-Alright. I'll arrange them for you." She went ahead to grab some peonies, but someone caught her wrist.
 
"Kim Hyuna. Pretending not to  know me, aren't you?" Junhyung mocked.
 
She turned to face him.
 
"How have you been, Yong Junhyung?" She asked calmly.
 
He finally let go of her wrist. "Good than ever. I see you have a business now. You must be rich."
 
Hyuna smiled a little. "I'm just living gratefully with what I have right now."
 
Junhyung smirked arrogantly. "Grateful you said? And I thought you wanted to live a good life like a mistress. Have you found a rich husband yet? How else could you afford to open this shop then?"
 
She kept quiet.
 
"I'll take that as a no then." He said. "Well... I would take you back if I could, but I don't think I want to."
 
"That's good to hear." Hyuna replied in a calm tone. 
 
She didn't seem to regret the past and it was driving Junhyung nuts. He wanted her to beg him to take her back. Unfortunately, it was a mere imagination that would never come true.
 
Hyuna actually looked better than he had expected. She was single and she had her own business.
 
***
 
The next day, Junhyung came back to Hyuna's shop with a girl. Hyuna greeted him and the girl he brought with him with a sweet smile. Junhyung knew himself that he was only doing this to mock Hyuna. He barely even knew the girl he brought there. He just wanted to show off to Hyuna what he was now.
 
"Take a look and just get anything you want, Jieun honey." Junhyung said sweetly to his girl. 
 
"Really? Aww you're so sweet. How do you know I love flowers?" The girl gave him a peck and left to look around the shop.
 
Junhyung looked toward Hyuna's direction with a smirk. Hyuna looked up at him and their eyes locked. She gave him a faint smile and finally looked away. If he wasn't so full of himself right now, he could swear that he saw a tear from her face.