Leaving

My Lady [ON HAITUS]

The rest of the morning you couldn't focus in school. After talking with Tao, he said he would go back to school in a few days, but he wasn't sure when he would leave.

 

"So Kris knew about those messages, and he just hid them from you? Why?" You asked Tao. 

"He didn't want me to hate my grandfather even more. But I had to find out sooner or later. No one can care for him where he lives. His health was going to get worse, I didn't think it would be so soon." Tao tried to force a smile but his eyes said otherwise.

"But, do you hate your grandfather?" You wanted to know why he came alone all the way from China, there was clearly so much Tao didn't say. 

"I..."

Tao wasn't able to say the words, did he really mean it if he got the courage to say them. His grandparents raised him afterall. He owes them and now his grandfather needs him. 

"It's okay." You said calmly and squeezed his hand.

"Its getting late, you should get back."

 

Tao helped you take the meals to your now team members. You quickly tugged on his shirt before he could step out of the room.

"Whenever you want to talk more about it, before you leave of course, just tell me."

He gave you a gentle smile and nod before leaving to get back to his practice room. 

 

You continued to write down notes, Tao's words replaying in your head. 

*The more I worry about you, the more I feel like my eyes are giving up. What's that she's writing?*

Your vision became blurry and the numbers on the board fuzzed to a mixture of black and white for a few seconds. You blinked several times and even squinted but your vision wouldn't clear up. 

"Is there a problem Miss Lau or are you bored of this lesson?"

In a flash your vision cleared up. "No Ms. Kang." You said simply, "Continue."

 

 

"Is Huang Zi Tao here?" A man asked as he entered the practice room with Kris, Tao and Chanyeol. 

"Yes, that's me." Tao came closer to recieve a letter the man was carrying.

"I am your grandfather's friend. It's an urgent message from China, your grandfather needs you."

"How urgent? I don't think he needs me. He didn't even care for me so why should I listen to him?"

"He has been in a coma for a week. That is all we know. Have you not recieved any telephone calls, there have been several contacts with a male coming from this number." 

The man showed Tao another piece of paper that had his number written on it and two short long-distance calls. 

"I never answered the calls, who..." Tao turned to look at a guilty Kris hanging his head.

"Please make a decision quickly. Your grandfather needs you." 

 

Tao had to decide quickly, he hadn't given much thought of a decision until he saw you again. There was no money available for him to fly back to China and what if his grandfather was just lying to keep him tied to him? He didn't want to be stuck to such a cruel man, not anymore. But did he really hate him? He was not always an abusive man to Tao, deep down he hoped that he could forgive him and believe in him, that he truly was in a coma. 

Tao made his decision while chatting with you, it was the least he could do after fighting with the old man. He hates leaving things unsettled, especially to see someone hurt. He would go back no matter what, and come back to Korea soon after.