Chapter 1 (Lisa's POV)

The Coffee Shop:Where it All Began and Ended

Chapter 1 (Lisa's POV)

As I was looking at the Algerian love knot (type of necklace) he gave me, I thought to myself "I should've never signed up for the program. I should've never left the tour."

*7 months earlier*

I was just standing at there in the coffee shop second in line choosing what to order, when the person ahead of me left the line. I looked at the my watch and it said 6:38 pm and then I walked up to the counter and asked the person for one latte, when suddenly someone walked up next to me and said "Make that too lattes please." He turned his head towards me and said "I'll pay for both."

I felt like I was hearing things, because I recognized that voice and it wasn't any of my friends. I thought to myself "Could it be? Could that voice belong to the one and only sixteen year old Choi Junhong?"

When I turned my head to the right, I saw his face. It really was him. Normally I'd freak out over this and call my friends and tell them everything, but since he was right next to me and I was in a public place, I just kept my cool and said to Junhong "Thanks but no thanks. I'll pay for my own."

I could see a little dissapointment on his face after I said that. I felt guilty for making a huge Korean star dissapointed so I then said "But, I guess you can pay this one time." After I had said those wordss, the dissapointment had left the atmosphere. I felt so confident while saying those words, like I know we were going to meet again sometime.

I turned my head back towards the clerk and he said "Ok so two lattes then.Large medium or small?" I had said to him "I'll take a medium but I don't know about him." I said while pointing to Junhong. "I'll take a medium too."

"Ok then two medium lattes coming right up. It'll take a few minutes for them to be ready your ticket number is twenty-three." I took the ticket and started heading towards a table. I was half way towards a table in the far left corner of the shop when I heard Junhong's voice calling to me saying "Hey, wait up."

During the two minutes of waiting for him, I wondered why he would want to sit with me, an awkward fifteen year old girl who's the hugest k-pop fan out of my huge group of friends. Before I could come up with a reasonably logical answer, he caught up to me and said "Hey, I forgot about introductions. I'm--" I cut him off during the middle of his sentence by saying "I know who you are. You're Choi Junhong from the band B.A.P. and you're the maknae."

"You can call me Zelo if you want. You don't have to call me by my real name."

"I know I don't have to. I just call people by their real name until I get to know them. Then I call them by a nickname. Or in your case, by their stage name." I don't know why, but for some reason I was giving him the cold shoulder. I'm not usually like this.

"Oh ok. Then let's get to know each other. Let's see you know my name, the band I'm in, and that I'm the maknae. Do you know my age?"

"You're sixteen years old. I know you were born in 1996 but I don't know the month or day." What was I saying of course I knew the day and month. The month was October and the day was the 15th. He was my bias in B.A.P. Why was I acting like I barely knew anything about him?

"Well I was born on October 15th. Now you know the month and day." After he had said that, he made a little grin showing some teeth.

"Yes, now I know it." Why was I doing this? I obviously knew his date of birth. While I was thinking, I thought "Did I want to get to know him? Is that the reason I'm pretending to not know anything about Junhong?"

"What else do you want to know about me?"

"Anything I don't mind." I could hear the bell ring and the clerk say "Number fourteen, your order is ready. Number foruteen." When I heard the clerk say 'fourteen' I was a little dissapointed, but I didn't show it. I wanted to get up from the table, get my drink, then leave the shop. And of course let Junhong pay.

"Ok well. I like listening to my favorite artists' music and writing lyrics. I have skills in beatboxing, skateboarding, rapping, dancing, and in acrobatics. I have an older brother, a mother, and father. My stage name is Zelo my nickname is 'Pink'. I'm 6'0, 1.84 meters, I'm 138 lb., 63 kg. My favorite colors are gray, green, red, and white."

"Are you stopping there?"

"Yeah I am. I'm going to stop right there so you can figure the rest out all on your own."

"Oh ok then."

"Why don't you tell me some things about you."

"Ok. Well my name is Lisa I'm fifteen years old. I live with my mother, father, little brother, Zach, and older sister, Samantha. I like to hang out with my friends, watch movies, drink coffee, study other countries, spefically America, and listen to music. My only skill is gymnastics. My nickname is 'Coffee Addict'. I'm 5'11, 1.8 meters, I'm 124lb., 56 kg. My favorite colors are black, gray, white, red, dark blue, and green. But my most favorite color is gray. I also listen to k-pop and I love k-pop."

"Is that it that you want to tell me?"

"Yes that's it. Of course there's always more, but you're going to have to find that out yourself."

"Ok, fair enough."

We both had chuckled a bit at those last three sentences, then the clerk said "Number twenty-three. Your order is ready. Number twenty-three."

"Looks like our order is ready. I'll go get it."

"Ok Junhong, thank you."

As he was walking you to the counter to get our two lattes, I was thinking "After he comes back here with our drinks, should I leave? I mean he is being nice to me. This is also a once in a life-time chance to meet a famous k-pop singer and just hand out with them and get to know them. Would I be doing the wrong thing if I left? Well I guess I could make up something then leave. No then I'd be lying to him. I don't even know why I want to just leave him here. I'm not usually like this. I usually let people get to know me. Am I afraid of him getting to know me? Am I afraid of opening me up to him?"

I looked at my watch and it had said 7:26 pm. When he came back with our lattes, I got up and took my latte and told him that I haven't had my daily exercise and that I need to get it in before dinner.

I was a few feet away from our table heading to the door when I heard Junhong say "Hey I was wondering you'd like to go to the park with me? We can both get our exersice by walking."

"Uh sure. But, uh, you should know that I don't like to walk in the park at night."

"It's ok. I'll be there. I'll protect you from anything and anyone."

"Ok I trust you. To be honest, I just want to get my exersice and be home for dinner all before 8:00 pm. And not get mugged."

"You won't get mugged. Like I said, I'll protect you."

I couldn't believe I was putting my life in the hands of a person I've never met before. So basically he was a stranger to me but he was also not a stranger. I know it sounds weird. "Ok. Let's go."

When left the coffee shop standing next to each other talking about how great our lattes were. Junhong grabbed his skateboard and told me to get on. I was a little confused on why he wanted me to get on his skateboard.

"Uh no thanks Junhong. Skateboarding is not one of my skills."

"Come on. Just get on. Please? I can hold your hand so you won't fall off."

"Ok fine. But you better not let go."

"I won't. I promise."

I got on the skateboard and it started to move a little bit then Junhong grabbed my hands and helped me.

"See I told you." I just smirked at what he said. We were going towards the park and drinking our lattes and talking about, well, just about anything we could think of.

When we got to the park, I got off his skateboard and looked at my watch. The time was 7:26 pm. It took us ten minutes to get there. So that meant I had thrity-four minutes to get back home in time for dinner.

He took his skateboard in his arms and we started to walk.

"See, you're getting your daily exersice."

"Yes, yes I know."

We both laughed at my comment and I started to think "I'm glad I didn't leave him alone at the coffee shop. That would've been a mistake that I would've regretted my whole life."

It started getting dark and the lamp post lights were coming on. Of course since I don't like walking in the park at night, I got scared.

"Uh Junhong, I don't know if you noticed but it's dark and we're in the park. And I'm scared of being at the park in the dark."

"It's ok. Trust me I'll protect you." He put his hand around me and held me close to him. I know I just met him and I don't trust him that much, but, I felt safe with him. Like I could actually trust him without a hint doubt. I felt like he was my protector, the one that'll always keep me safe.

Why was I feeling this way? I mean we only just met face-to-face. I'm not the type of person to feel this way after minutes of just meeting someone. I'm not even the type of person to fall in love. I don't even have a crush yet and I'm fifteen years old!

He kept me close to him and he didn't let go of me. He didn't even let me out of his sight. I never thought of Junhong to be like this when meeting a fan. I feel like I actually know the real him and not the star that everybody sees.

While we were walking, I looked at my watch and it said 7:50 pm. "Junhong, I think I should start heading home it's almost 8:00 pm."

"Ok, I'll walk you home."

"You don't have to do that."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. I mean you did say that you're scared of walking at the park in the dark, didn't you?

"Yes I am."

"Ok. As long as you're scared of walking at the park in the dark, I'm walking you home."

"Fine I guess that's fair."

I gave him directions to my house and we started walking in the direction. As we were walking, I heard a rustling noise in the bushes. I told Junhong but he said it was probably a stray animal. We kept walking towards my house when I saw something behind a tree.

Junhong and I just kept walking until he dropped his wallet and we walked back a few steps. When we turned back we saw a person in front of us holding our a pocket knife in front of our faces.

"Give me the wallet, boy!"

"No I don't have to!! Come on Lisa let's go."

We turned around only to find another man standing there with another pocket knife. Junhong and I both looked to our sides and we both saw that there were two more men with pocket knives.

There was a wall to our left and Junhong and I moved closely to the wall hoping to escape. We were next to the wall, and we were cornered by the four tall men. I could tell Junhong saw the fear on my face, because he was moving me behind him. He was trying to hide me from the men. I think he thought that if he moved me behind him and I couldn't see the men, that I would be less scared than I already was.

The men were moving closer and closer toward us. I tried to scream for help but I was too scared to say anything. I started breathing very heavily and I heard Junhong whisper to me "It's ok Lisa. Everything is going to be alright. Nothing is going to happen to you. I promised that I would protect you from anything and anyone and I'm not going to break the promise. Just close your eyes and don't open them until you I tell you or if you feel the need to. Trust me, you're going to be ok and safe with me. I won't let anything happen to you."

I did what he said, I closed my eyes and I didn't open them. I put my life and trust in him. I knew everything was going to be alright I knew that he was going to keep me safe, that everything was going to be ok and that I was going to be safe in his arms. But I was still scared. I was afraid something was going to happen, something that couldn't be changed. This time, I did trust Junhong, but there was a hint of doubt.