Final

Gone [Sequel]

"Good afternoon. This is your captain speaking. We have safely arrived at Incheon Airport. Please remember to take your personal items and thank you for flying with Korean Air." 

I packed up my belongings and immediately hurried off the plane as I dialed the flower shop's phone number. "Hello ahjumma. Yes is the flower ready? Great. I'll be there in 30 minutes to pick them up for Luhan. Thank you." It's been a month since I've gone to seen him due to a business trip overseas and now that I'm finally back, I needed to go and confess to him. It was actually our 8-month anniversary and I finally realized that it was time. 

As a car was sent to pick me up, I immediately told the driver to head over to Mrs. Lim's flower shop. It had been my go to place for Luhan and the ahjumma there has always been nice about giving me discounts when I always tell her it's fine. 

"Baekhyun-ah!" The old woman behind the counter waved as she adjusted her apron. "It's nice to see you again. How was your trip?" "It was busy but I managed to find some alone time." I gave her a small smile and looked around the small shop that was blooming with flowers. The fragrance in the air filled my nose and I immediately let out a satisfying sigh. "That is really great to hear and you only want one flower today?" "Yes just one today." 

The ahjumma went to the back of the room and came back with a rose dipped in dark red glitter. She then came back and began to properly wrap up the rose. "One of my favorite customers so I'll give you a discount." "It's fine. You really don't-" She immediately waved her hand and shook her head. "Hush. I insist." I then pulled out my card and swiped it across the machine and took the flower in my hand. "Thank you very much." "You're welcome Baekhyun and tell Luhan I said hi!" 

As I got back into the car, I couldn't take my eyes off the rose in hand. It was Luhan's favorite type of flower and each month before I went on my recent trip. I would visit the man I loved with a dozen of these roses. " Is it the meeting place, sir?"  "Yes and take your time." At that moment, the driver immediately took off. 

I closed my eyes as I gripped onto the rose in my hands. I missed Luhan. Everyday, I thought about him. Wanting to hold him in my arms and tell him I love him each and every day of the hour. Hold his hand and go out on our walks. I miss everything. 

If you can't tell already, we basically made up after the whole news incident. I fought for him hard and managed to get him back. He was a stubborn idiot but I was a bigger idiot for not telling him and not being honest with him or myself in the first place. After that day, he came back and lived with me. We spent everyday with each other and never in my life had I felt so loved. The feeling of being wanted and having someone to remind you were everything to them was such an amazing thing and that was what Luhan did for me everyday. It took me some time to really express my emotions to the man that I loved and in the end, he got the message and thanked me when he shouldn't have. 

"Sir we're here." I immediately got out of the car silently and headed to where Luhan was. "Hey there babe.." I set the flower down and smiled slightly. "I'm sorry for not coming last month.. I had a business trip in China and it was super hectic." I sat down on the grass and lowered my voice as I continued. 

"Happy 8th months, Luhan. During my month away, I thought about what you told me before you left me. For three months, I've suffered so much. I missed you and I still miss you even still to this day. I still hate myself but you told me that you would be hurt if I continued on with that mindset. I miss holding and kissing you everyday. I miss your smile and your eyes. I miss our dates and especially when you tell me you love me. I miss you so much that it hurts." I began to choke on my words and feel the tears slowly falling from my eyes. "The guy that shot you has been sentenced to life in jail. You shouldn't have jumped in. The man was after me and not you. You deserve to be here and everyday I despise myself because of this." 

"But I know this isn't what you want from me." I ran my fingers across his name engraved on the stone. "I still remember your words and I'm going to try. I met someone during the trip, Luhan. His name is Chanyeol and he's quite a nice guy. I don't know if I can get through this but I'm going to give him a chance. I told him about you and he said he would give me sometime." I wiped my tears and let out  shaky sigh. "Luhan, I won't be coming back for a long time. I'm going to try to move on and get myself together for you."

"I know you're watching over me and only want the best for me." I kissed the engraved stone and stood up.

"I love you and I will always love you."

"Goodbye."

 

Lu Han

April 20, 1990 - January 11, 2014

"A beloved son and friend that will be dearly missed."