A special costumer

Panna Cotta

Random author's note: 

Today I've tasted olive oil ice-cream. The worst thing I've ever tasted...but now, my life is complete (?).

Away from the city, the noise and the stress, there’s a lonely town between the mountains. There, the people live a relaxed life. They rarely have any ambitions in their lifes, they just live as well as they can and cooperate among them.

That day, a young boy came from the city to his hometown and got a job in the most popular coffee shop in the town, “The windy coffee shop” it was called. Workers there, wore brown-coloured uniforms, simple but elegant at the same time.

The owner looked up and down the young boy. “Well, all you have to do is to bring the costumers their orders quickly and correctly, you are now a waiter. If you have any doubt, you can ask your colleagues.” He started looking at some papers. “And your name is...”

“Sehun, sir. Oh Se Hun.” replied the young boy.

Sehun stayed in the bar while he was waiting for the first costumers of the day. It was still early. Then, a boy with a nice appearance went where Sehun was. “Sehun, right? Nice to meet you, I’m one of your coworkers.” Sehun seemed a bit shy, he just nodded and smiled. “Don’t worry, everything will be alright. Just stay here, look at us and learn today. You’ll be more confident tomorrow.”

Some costumers started arriving to the coffee shop. Sehun looked attentive at his coworkers and their job. Greet the costumer, write the order and go for it to the kitchen. Then, bring it to the costumer and bow slightly.

Although the town was simple, the coffee shop wasn’t little, quite the opposite.

Sehun was learning step by step what would be his work in this job. He was taking notes when he saw a costumer entering to the place. He automatically went to the table nº 12, which was apart from the other tables and sat there. Sehun kept looking at that guy, it looked like he was waiting for something, in fact, he didn’t order anything and it seemed that he wouldn’t do it. Suddenly, one of the waiters brought him a tray with a kind of dessert and a juice. Finally, his colleague came to the bar where Sehun was to take a break. Sehun sat next to him. “That costumer...the one of the nº 12, did you already know what would he order?” The waiter smiled. “Yeah. It could be said that he’s a special costumer.” That made Sehun more curious about that guy. “Just let me assist him. Don’t worry about that, Sehun.” An hour later, the mysterious boy payed his bill and left.

The day passed very quickly and in the nightfall, Sehun returned to his apartment.

Next day, Sehun woke up in a good mood. “I have a feeling that today will be a good day” he though. He ate breakfast, 2 toasts and a cup of tea. Later, he got ready and he went to the coffee shop. He arrived there early, as the day before. He put on his uniform and started looking for the coworker that helped him the day before but he didn’t find him. Later, he knew that his colleague was out that day so he stayed in the bar waiting for the first costumers.

He kept reading the newspaper when a young blond haired boy entered in the place. It was that special costumer, that boy. He sat on the table nº 12 and started looking around, as if he was waiting for someone who could assist him. Then, he kept his look at Sehun. Sehun realized it, he took a notebook and went where the blond haired boy was.

“Good morning, sir. How can I help you?” said Sehun, who was a bit nervous. “The same as always.” said the boy. Sehun looked at him confused, “I’m sorry sir, I haven’t...I mean...I am...” The blond boy reacted. “Oh, are you new here?” Sehun nodded. Then, the boy took the menu and showed it to Sehun. “Look, I’d like to have a caramel panna cotta and an apple juice. Is it okay?” Sehun felt his look to him, so he looked away. “Okay, sir.” Before he could go, somebody grabbed his arm. Then, he looked back. “Don’t call me sir, please. My name is Luhan.”