O-Oppa! (?)

Body language

Gikwang however, wasn't amused at all by his friend's behaviour at that moment. Baeri's smirk faded as she took in his serious expression and for a second or three she had fallen silent. Those seconds passed soon when she saw his lips crook back into a tired smile, catching the girl with surprise. She frowned lightly but returned the smile with her own. Another few seconds of, a now comfortable, silence passed as the two gazed at each other. At that moment a melody chimed through the hall of the building. Both glanced curiously at each other as they heard the song. Gikwang immediately recognised it. It was the instrumental version of one of B2ST's songs, Fiction. Unknowingly he smiled. It made him happy to know that Baeri liked his group's music. She acknowledged it. 

Baeri didn't spare any moment of hesitation as she tucked her hand into the pocket of her jeans to fish out her phone. She stared at the screen and arched an eyebrow. A swipe with her finger accepted the call and she brought the phone to hear ear, covered with her hear and her navy beanie. She muttered a greeting as she stole a glance at the red haired male in front of her. He responded with a ,not so smoot, shrug. Baeri bit the inside of her cheek in order not to laugh at his awkwardness. She had kind of missed that she noticed.

 

"Ya! Kim Baeri! Are you listening to me?" She suddenly heard in a loud female voice through her phone.

"Ah. Yeah... I am."

"What's with the lack of response?"

The dark haired chuckled at the annoyance heard in the other's voice and the peculiar accent in her Korean. "Sorry." She muttered with a chuckle as she eyed Gikwang trying to contain her laughter. The male was staring at her with such a serious face that she wanted to burst out in laughter. The red haired however, was just confused by the girl flailing her arm. This however amused the girl more and containing her laughter became harder.

"Anyway... like I was saying. I'm in Seoul tomorrow. So if you have time... " The female on the other side of the conversation paused. "Unnie? You there?"

"Ow." Gikwang winced with a glare directed at the shorter girl as he rubbed his shoulder. Just seconds ago it met with the painful punch of his friend, without him knowing why. He eyed Baeri curiously as she turned her back to him. He watched her shoulders rise and fall back with the deep breath she took in and puffed out.

"Let's meet up." She told the girl cheerfully.

"Huh?" Was the confused response.

"At Coffeest? I'll text you the address later."

"Uh. Sure."

"Okay then. What time?

"Noon?"

"Great. It's a date." Baeri finalized. "See you then."

"See you tomorrow."

 

The monotone tune at the end of the conversation indicated the end of the conversation. Baeri's hand dropped besides her body with the phone carefully clutched in her hands. With a jerk she turned around and eyed Gikwang, who was staring at her  with slightly dilated clueless eyes, oblivious to why she hit him previously. Baeri arched an eyebrow with a smirk, which was responded to with Gikwang's hesitant grin.

"A date?" He asked in a low voice.

"A friend." Baeri retorted. A shortlived silence fell. "She's in town tomorrow, so... " The girl stopped, knowing it wasn't neccessairy to continue.

Gikwang was unnaturally relieved hearing that it was a she, whoever it was. The girl, however, obviously wasn't aware of this and gazed at the tanned male a bit longer. Their eyes were locked, but Gikwang seemed to be in a slight daze and he didn't seem to even look at her. His eyes looked as if they were gazing into space, without anything to focus on. A spark of realisation hit him and his eyes twinkled with this curiosity that made him look like a toddler wanting to learn something new.

 

"You haven't answered my question yet." He noted in an awfully monotone voice.

"What question?" The dark haired girl asked.

"Explain your sudden leave to me. And your late arrival at the exit."

Baeri blinked and needed a moment to take this in, so once again a short silence fell. "Well..." She started. "I think... I don't have one..."

The dark haired lowered her gaze slightly, but never lost her eye contact. Her fingers were fumbling with the chord on her phone strap as she slighty shifted with her left foot. Gikwang noticed this, but ignored her sudden change.

"I guess..." She continued, slightly taking the taller boy by surprise. "I guess I felt a little intimidated by the rest."

At her response, Gikwangs expression softened. He couldn't argue with this and slightly sympathised with his friend. Still a snicker escaped him, resulting in Baeri being, or pretending to be, offended by this act. She didn't hesitate to plant her fist into the earlier victimised shoulder. Once again the male winced in pain, but this time he managed to grasp the girl into a headlock. He laughed as he heard her laugh serenading his ears, while he dug his knuckles into her skull. Lighter than he'd do when he messed around with the boys, but still hard enough to inflict some pain. Baeri's attempts to struggle resulted in tiring herself out and being unable to struggle after a while. When she broke out in short pants she finally asked him to release her.

 

"Ya Lee Gigong! Let me go, my neck is stiff." She demanded but was only met with the knuckles digging harder into her skull. A groan escaped her lips.

"Gikwang-ah! You're hurting me." Her plead was ignored.

"Please!" She tried, but once again it was ignored. The two didn't say anything for a while. There was no comfortable silence now, due to the interuption of Baeri's loud expression of pain and Gikwang's laughter.

"What do I have to do?" She asked. "I'll do it!"

This perked Gikwang's interest as he smirked a last time before casting his eyes on her. Baeri's head turned so their gazes met, while she was being sideglanced at.

"It's not Gikwang." He noted simply.

'What?" Was the response he got. "Gigong then?"

"Nope. Try again."

Realising what Gikwang meant, Baeri almost shivered in disgust. It wasn't that she liked the word she used to refer to Gikwang with when she was little, right now it felt pressuring.

 

"Are you kidding me?" She asked him in all earnesty, but was met with furiously dugging knuckles into his head.

"No." He grinned with a smile that creeped you out .

"No way, Gikwang. I'm not- OW!" She winced feeling the knuckles still against her head.

"Fine then," He noted as he tightened his grip on my neck.

"Ow ow ow! Okay okay!" She begged. Gikwang released his grip lightly, waiting for her response.

"O-Oppa! Let me go!" Baeri finally begged.

Gikwang did as told and released her from his grip as she finally was able to stretch her neck. What she didn't know however. was that despite Gikwang grinning in victory as predicted, was that he had a nice pink blush gracing his cheeks. Baeri gained the last bit of satisfaction by giving the red haired a kick in the rear without holding back too much.

 

"Ya! Don't get embarrassed when you're the one making me say that!" She raised her voice in annoyance.

Gikwang's response was a light laughter. "I'm not! It was just adorable." He commented, now making the dark haired blush lightly.

"Screw you." She mouthed under her breath. Before he could respond she tucked her hands into her pockets and faced her friend.

"Well... I better get going. Good luck with practice. I'll talk to you soon." And with just those words, she turned with a jerk walking towards the exit. Whatever response she'd get would be treated as a simple greating. She had already wasted enough of her time and more importantly his time. 

"Bye." was the male's murmered greeting. A smile graced his lips as he watched her exit the building. By habit he waited a bit until she was out of sight. Once he made sure of that, Gikwang turned around heading back to the dance hall where he was supposed to be practicing right now.


Author's note:
 

DAY ONE FINALLY ENDED! I'm sorry for being a slow writer OTL But I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out. The awkard meeting somehow ended up in a warm way.

Can you guys guess who the friend on the phone was? :3 ~ 

Don't forget to comment~ And I apologise for the cheesiness lawl.

 

Lots of love,
Saenan <3