Chapter 5

That Simple

I'm horriby sorry for the lack of update, I have just finished this chapter, though short, I hope you wouldn't mind.

Thank you for those who have read, commented, subscribed, and even voted 'That Simple' also a huge shoutout to UShaby for creating the beautiful poster.


“Heo Gayoon, we’re losing.” The sudden voice of one Bae Suzy made my voice snap to her direction and with a single step she was instantly next to me. More puzzling than her friendliness with me was where we were. It was all white, an empty space where not even our shadows were visible.

More over, I opened my mouth to scold her about using my name without any honorific disrespectfully but no words seem to be able to pour out. “Heo Gayoon, look.” She pointed to something pass my shoulder, as if I were her pet I followed where her finger had pointed.

My eyes widened in complete shock and my mouth hung open. It was Yang Yoseob with a girl. She was shorter than him, and had dark hair that cascaded down her neck and on to her back. Her arms were wrapped around Yoseob and her head leaned on his shoulder, shattering my heart to a billion shards.

I saw a glimpse of Yoseob’s face as he leaned closer to the girl, it was the happiest I have ever seen of him; his smile lit up the world and his eyes looked soft and loving.

I stopped breathing. My lungs felt crushed and Suzy disappeared from my side, the white space turned dark and I wasn’t able to see anything.

xxx

My arms must have sprung out as I was still unconscious because when my eyes snapped open, Yoseob’s worrying eyes starred into mine and my hand was holding a tight grip on his uniform. “Gayoon,” he said sweetly, using his hand to tuck away loose strands of hair behind my ear.

“I’m okay,” I croaked, forcing myself to say such words. “Just a dream.” My grip loosened and eventually fell on my side. His gaze suggests how he didn’t believe me.

To distract him from his worries, I threw my legs to the side of the bed and stood. “I have practice.” It was 30 more minutes to practice and now is the perfect time to go. Yoseob walked silently beside me, it was an odd sensation in which I am not used to because I am just so used to the hyper one who would crack jokes with every step.

“What was it Gayoon?” he asked, finally uttering an actual sentence before the arrival of the rest of the girls, leaving only us two in the studio. “I’ve never seen you like that.” It was true; it was the first time I have ever had such a dream that made me hurt so much, even until now. “Forget it Yoseob, it was a dream.” He turned quite again, not pestering me about it again.

“Oh? Oppa, you’re here!” Hyuna’s voice cut through the silence as she entered with Sohyun behind her. “Hi Gayoon unnie!” Sohyun sang as she entered. I smiled at them and took a seat at the couch.

Yoseob was greeting my youngest members with a smile and a joke that successfully made them laugh. “I didn’t know you would be joining us, Yoseob.” Jihyun entered through the door, addressing the only male in the room who greeted her back with his usual happy-go-lucky self.

“Oh, everyone’s here!” Jiyoon exclaimed happily as she entered the studio with Mr. Jung behind her. “Hi Yoseob!” Jiyoon acknowledged him with a wave before taking a seat next to me. She must have sensed something cause she placed a comforting hand on my knee and gave me a wink. I smiled at her gratefully and let out a breath.

Mr. Jung had successfully kicked out Yoseob from the studio prior to helping us with the song though it didn’t go as smoothly as he had wanted considering how stubborn Yoseob could be.

“Now that Yang’s gone let’s do this!” Mr. Jung cheered, seating on the chair and going through the parts, melody, and pitch with us. By the end of the hour, we had been able to sing the first verse up to the first chorus. Mr. Jung nodded proudly at us before leading us out and reminding us that we also had to get the dance down.

With her hands on her hips and eyebrow raised the dance instructor, miss Kim. We performed the part of the song that we have rehearsed earlier before. The first thing we learned was the chorus, being the point of the choreography that gets repeated throughout the song.

“Okay let’s do this, 4Minute fighting!” She cheered before turning her back on the mirror and facing us with her left hand on her hip and placing her right thumb’s nail like a child who is their thumb right under her lips.

“Hey boy,” she started, turning her head left over her shoulder before swapping her hands and going the opposite way. “Hey boy, is it poppin’ there?” she leaned forward, tapping her right hand on her waist accordingly as she swayed her hips.

“I guess that’s a start,” she declared, ushering us to copy her movements. So far it was pretty simple and al of us manage to pull of the chorus in a short time and sing to it as well.

We finished our practice at eight pm after begging our instructor to stop practice due to our inability to do more. Clearly, we are extremely exhausted at this point. Our breathing turned heavy as the five of us lie on the cold wooden floor of the practice room.

Sohyun rolled, bumping on to me cutely. I giggled at her, messing her hair even more, causing her to pout her lips and whine. “You’re too cute Sohyun.” I said, standing up though my breathing still hasn’t returned to normal. “Are you going back Yoon?” Jiyoon gazed upwards at me. “Are you kidding me?” I choked. “I need a shower.”

Jiyoon groaned before standing up to meet my height. “Okay let’s go.” She said, walking over to the door. I giggled at her and followed behind, “Bye girls!”