Chapter 1

That Simple

Please enjoy your stay as I open the doors to an adventure with me, pandarista, through this story.


“See you later!” I waved at my best friend and roommate, Jeon Jiyoon, who waved back with a smile. “Bye Gayoonnie!” she exclaimed before heading to the opposite direction I was going. I walked calmly to the student council room, hugging my books close to my chest.

“Gayoonie!” a sudden yet familiar voice startled me as the owner of said voice held my shoulders. “Yoseob!” I exclaimed accusingly, turning to see the fellow student council before proceeding to slap him in the shoulder.

He winced before faking a sob, lightly covering his shoulder in a protective attempt. “That’s abuse!” He cried. “Seobbie abuse!”

I couldn’t help but to roll my eyes at his pathetic antiques. “Come on, Yoseob, I don’t want to be late.” I tugged his ‘limping’ hand towards the direction of the council.

Yoseob let down his hand from his shoulder and walked next to me, joking around while he did so. Telling me some jokes, walking backwards, and asking me question exactly like how he is everyday, it’s comforting knowing someone could be so lively.

“Guess who!” Yoseob exclaimed cheerfully, opening the door of the council wide open for him and myself. “Sorry we’re late!” I added from his back, realizing that the rest of the student council members were already present.

I pushed Yoseob away and made to Gina’s table. “Here you go miss president.” I said mockingly and handed her a folder that contained information regarding a new transfer student that is due to arrive tomorrow. “Thanks Yoon.” Gina took the file from my hand with a smirk.

“What’s her name again?” Gina asked, opening the sealed folder. I tilted my head slightly, attempting to remember the name, “Lee… Jieun?”

A loud thud noise made our heads snap to the direction of the noise. “Really?! Lee Jieun?!” Yoseob exclaimed on the floor, his right foot was up on the chair and he was just a mess. “Woah, need a hand?” Eunkwang asked, walking over to Yoseob and reaching out his hand.

“Seriously Lee Jieun?” Yoseob ignored Eunkwang’s offer, standing up on his own and rushed over to me. “Yes… Lee Jieun…” I said slowly, not sure what was in that tiny head of his.

His expression brightened as I confirmed this ‘Lee Jieun’ I swear, this is the first time we mention her name and look at the mess that’s made—by Yoseob mostly.

“Ah, I’m going insane! Jieunnie is actually going here!” Yoseob grinned, a hand in his messy hair. “Gayoon! Jieunnie’s going to be here!” I gave him a puzzled look as he took my hands and spun me whilst skipping. “Yang Yoseob, you sound ridiculous!” I exclaimed, pulling my hands back from his grip. “Who’s this ‘Lee Jieun’ to you anyway?”

Yoseob stopped jumping and looked into my eyes with the sweetest, most gentle gaze I have ever seen him give. “Jieun?” He said her name with fondness. “My first love, of course.” 


Special thanks to UShaby for creating such a beautiful poster.