Chapter Three

Age Can't Beat Our Love

Two weeks passed fastly, it is already Hayi's time to go to her dream country, South Korea. Early in the morning, when cool breeze still passing by even in this hot summer, she already wakes up from her beautiful dream and goes to the bathroom, taking a long, hot bath – because taking a cold bath can freeze her to death – for this special day. She wears a plain white t-shirt and a green short shorts, and wraps a black jacket around her waist; in case if she feels cold. She dries her brown-goldish hair with a hairdryer while looking at the mirror.

She unlocks her bathroom door and looks to the Hello Kitty-shaped alarm clock, 'still around six' she thinks. She trails the steps to her kitchen downstairs, hoping that she can make breakfast for her beloving parents. Before the petite girl enters her kitchen, she peeks in from the door. She sees a women with a plain white shirt, a green jacket,  a knee-length floral-printed skirt, and tied her hair into a bun.

Hayi tiptoes to her mother and stands beside her. "Mommy, why are you already up and making breakfast now?" She asked.

The middle-aged wowen looks to the source of the voice, and shocks, because she did not expect her daughter to be here. "Ah, Ai-chan {her Japanese name}, why are you here too? Actually I want to surprise you, make a special breakfast for you." Her mother smiled to Ai aka Hayi.

"I want to make a special breakfast for Mommy and Daddy too." The daughter grins and rubs her head. The mother chuckles, and wraps her free hand on her daughter's shoulder, "Then help me cook dear~"

Hayi smiles widely, "Ay ay Captain!" And helps her beloving mother.

 

"Oh, you both are here?" A male voice can be heard by Hayi and her mother. "Oto-chan! {father} What are you doing here?" Hayi asks the man who wears a white hoodie with gray sweatpants and walks to him. Her father smiles and ruffles her hair. "I want to help your mommy to make breakfast, but I did not know you were here first."

Hayi drags her father closer to her mother and smiles brightly, "Let's make breakfast all together!"

 

"The sauce spilled to my shirt!"

"Hayi-chan, could you take the carrot?"

"Can I taste that?"

"Daddy, what shape is this? *laughs*"

"Where is the egg? I putted it here before."

"All done, let's eat!"

 

They are all having a lot of fun together, because it is their last time together. Cook together, eat together, chat together, and a lot other things together.

Time passes too fast, it is already the time to go to the airport. Hayi checks her belongings once again, and then walks downstair holding her suitcases with her father's help. They walk out from their house and put the suitcases in the car trunk. Hayi hops into the car, and goes to the airport with her family.

The girl in white checks her phone and reads again the messages from her friends. She has a lot of friends, girls, boys, even her juniors and seniors.

 

"Aicchi, I will surely miss you!"

"Ai-chan do not forget me okay?"

"Lee Hayi bring me with you pleasee."

"Ai kohai {junior} promise to meet me next year okay?"

"Ai senpai {senior}! I miss you already >.<"

"Senpai I love you!"

"Take care Hayi."

 

And other messages. She smiles when she reads them, and she replies the messages that she has not reply to kill her boredom. It takes pretty much time replying and chatting with her friends, so it does not feel so long to arrive on the airport. Her mother starts to cry again, but this time Hayi is the one who comforts her, because her father is busy with Hayi's luggage.

Hayi waves to her mother and father, "I will call you when I arrived in Korea! I will miss you all!"

 


*song of the day: Block B's 100% In Synch