1

How to Confess

Love makes everyone do crazy things.

 

You could spend a whole week and a half attempting to perfectly confess your love to someone, taking in all of your free time, dedicating it to one person. Or maybe plan a huge surprise for them and take in as much time as a year or two.

 

You could scour the seas fending of your love from evil, risking your life to save one you care about. You could drag yourself across every inch of land just even to see a glimpse of them. You could train yourself for a lifetime of trouble only to touch their hand once and never find them again.

 

Or put simply, you could just try to hand your long time best friend and crush a bouquet of flowers off a three story window only to fail and fall off to receive a broken leg and arm in return.

 

Because that was exactly what Oh Sehun did.

 

 


 

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. The heart monitor filled the void of silence in the room. Shades of white decorated the expanse of space, and the room reeked of sanitation. Tubes of IV dripped occasionally, creating a small “thump” sound. The coffee colored table adjacent to the occupied ivory bed was cluttered with papers and containers of painkillers.

 

A blond boy stirred in his sleep, eyebrows scrunching slightly. He unconsciously gripped the blanket adorned on him tightly, sluggish eyes beginning to open. The deep brown pupils open for just a mere second, before closing back in again to adjust to the bright light.

 

After what seemed to be a few minutes, the male finally regained the majority of his consciousness, a free hand reaching up to grab his face. His skin was quite pale, a contrast to his dark hazel eyes. He was just about to tilt his head up to examine his surroundings when a voice broke through the mostly silent barrier.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” A soft yet high tone, laced with worry spoke, which led him to believe that it was a girl who was talking to him. He craned his head up and saw a girl, seemingly around his age, looking cheerfully at him.

 

“Yeah,” his voice, slightly raspy from sleeping replied back, his free appendage now moving to his throat.

 

Another set of silence fell down upon the two, neither of them sure of what to say next. What seemed like hours passed before a quiet giggle erupted from the silence of the room.

 

“What’s so funny?” He questioned the female curiously, who had a hand over in an attempt to try and muffle the noise, her eyes lit up into shiny crescents.

 

“I can’t believe you climbed up to my window and in the end you slipped and fell from it. What were you thinking anyways Sehunnie?” She scolded lightly to the said male, whose expression had changed to an embarrassed grin. Sehun rubbed the nape of his neck, wincing when his casted arm was moved a bit.

 

“I...uh...Lena...” His mind was too speechless to manage a reason to the girl in front of him, so when he realized his bouquet was still next to him on the bed, he immediately took a hold of the bottom and flashed it surprisingly to the female in front of him.

 

Lena unhurriedly took the flowers from him, eyes widened and curiosity written all over her face as she examined the gift. Shades of fragile fuschia, passionate red, and shy yellow were scattered over the range of roses and tulips, along with hints of daring purple and calming blue.

 

“...Are these for me?” She questioned, shock and surprise registering in her head. Sehun merely gave a shy nod of the head as a response, his face splattered with crimson.

 

“...I...like...you...Lena...” He confessed, his voice barely a whisper, head hung low in embarrassment as he played with the tips of his fingers. Lena’s eyes widened once more, before her face shifted into a calm smile.

 

She suddenly stood up and began to grab her belongings, buttoning up her grey coat and placing her pink beanie on her head.

 

“You’re an idiot Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun smiled slightly, sadness and rejection taking over him as Lena began to walk hurriedly out the room. He knew he had failed completely, but that was before he heard one last sentence added as Lena stopped in her tracks for a split second and then continued on.

 

“Next time, use the front door please.”