3: Our Bet

Strange Attraction

Let's take a moment and listen to our dancing machine's flawless and angelic voice<3

Chen Acapella Compilation - http://manhaewufan.tumblr.com/post/56664795865/chen-chen-acapella-compilation-angellic-voice

 

 

Author’s POV

“Hey bro!” Kris greeted Chen as he plopped down on the chair opposite him. “Why were you spacing out? The almighty Kim Jongdae doesn’t space out that often.”

 

Chen narrowed his eyes at the person directly in front of him as he had just used his real name and he doesn’t really adore that address. But he decided to let Kris off, afterall, he was older than Chen by 2 years, and they decided to drop the formalities with each other as they were the best of friends.

 

“That’s because some random guy asked me out to chill but he is late by an hour!” Chen replied sarcastically, waving his hands in the air dramatically.

 

Kris chuckled at his response. “That doesn’t answer my question at all.” Kris leaned back in his seat and folded his arms before eyeing Chen with an inquisitive look. “So mind telling this random guy what just happened?”

 

And Chen began to relate what happened to him earlier. How he couldn’t take his eyes away from this mysterious girl and the thing was that she is not even close to Chen’s ideal type at all.

 

“Wow. I didn’t know you like this type of girls huh.” Kris raised an eyebrow. “I have always thought you like noonas and they have to be stunningly beautiful to suit your taste.”

 

“I don’t like her!” Chen exclaimed, slamming his hand on the table so hard that gained the attention of other customers around him. He didn’t really care. “It’s just that… urggh how do I describe it?!” He ruffled his nicely-styled hair wildly in confusion until it just looks like a haystack.

 

“Why don’t you make her your number 21 huh, slowpoke?” Kris suggested with a smug look on his face.

 

As a matter of fact, Kris and Chen had started this bet of their own two months ago. The objective of this game is simple. Who gets the most number of girls to fall for them within a short span of 3 months will win. And the loser will have to forfeit a total of $500 to the winner. Sadly, for Chen, Kris is currently leading with his 30th girl and looks like he is not giving any leeway to his opponent.

 

Both of them knew that it’s kind of immoral to play with other peoples’ hearts like that, but they enjoyed this a lot, so why not?

 

“Good idea.” A playful expression appeared on Chen’s face as a plan began to form inside his devious brain.