4: My Plan

Strange Attraction

“So, this was the awesome plan you were bragging to me since yesterday? Are you seriously serious?” Kris questioned unbelievably.

 

Kris and Chen were sitting at the exact same spot that they were seated at Starbucks the very next day and apparently, Chen’s so-called fabulous and awesome plan was to wait for the girl to visit the same place that they met each other for the first time.

 

“The chances of her coming is only 0.000001% and you will probably wait till all your hair falls and your teeth rots and she still won’t come.” Kris droned on and on while Chen locked him in a headlock and started nudging his head with his knuckle.

 

“So this is how you treat your best friend huh. Splashing cold water on my face before I even started.”

 

“It’s not like I’m discouraging you or something, but it’s kind of impossible though.” Kris blurted while struggling under his grip.

 

Chen released his grip on Kris and returned to his seat, knowing that Kris is not totally wrong. However, he was firm with his decision and will not back down any moment.

 

Two weeks passed by slowly and the both of them would be there without fail, whether rain or shine.

 

“Do you think I should just give up? It has been two weeks and there is still no news of her.” Chen scratched his head in confusion, with a flustered look plastered on the charming face of his.

 

“Why are you even asking me that? It was your idea all along and I was forced to accompany you to wait for someone who may not even appear at all!” an annoyed Kris replied, obviously in a very crappy mood today.

 

Chen hung his head low. “Alright, let’s just go then. I guess I shall abandon this stupid plan of mine.” He trudged towards the exit with his head still hung low.

 

Just then, the exit door opened so abruptly that it smashed right into Chen’s face, making him fall backwards and land on his roughly on the ground. The impact was so deafening that everyone in the coffeehouse stops their activities and look at the commotion just at the exit door.

 

“What the- ” Chen was going to let out a string of vulgarities at the person who knocked him down and made him so embarrassed but he did not get to complete his sentence when he saw the person’s face.

 

It was her. The mysterious girl. The girl who attracted him so much. The girl who made him wait uselessly for two weeks. Finally she appeared!

 

Chen felt his heart skip a beat as he continued to stare at her with his mouth slightly ajar, looking like an idiot all over again.

 

“Oh my goodness I am so sorry I didn’t mean to do that but I’m in a rush now so I need to hurry so take this money and help yourself with it bye!” Eunhee finished what she wanted to say in one breath and stuffed some bills into his hands before rushing off to the counter to queue up.

 

What.just.happened. Chen was extremely dumbfounded and spaced out.

 

When he regained his senses after a few seconds, he got up to his feet and brushed the dust off his pants while staring at the back view of Eunhee.

 

Time to execute Plan B.