02.

The Anomaly: Wolf [HIATUS]
Boram was almost a hundred percent sure she was lost when she stepped out of the girls' restroom. Looking to her left and right, she could almost swear the hallways she had roamed for the past thirty minutes, looked foreign. Where there was once groups of girls gossipping in the hallway or boys fooling around, there was now nothing, giving her a full view of the hallway. She only realized now how endless it was, or so it seemed. Had the bell rung while she had been in the bathroom? She guessed yes, otherwise it wouldn't be so empty here.
 
Great. Late on the first day of school.
 
Not being able to remember even the way to the main office, she just stood there, a part of her expecting the Exo-M boys to pop out and save her as they had been doing most of her life. When it finally hit her that she was alone and that she was going to be really late, she decided to go left because well, she was left-handed.
 
She hadn't gone too far when she saw a figure at the far end of the hall. Finally! A savior! Keeping her calm posture (she is royalty after all), she slowly inched her way over to the unknown person to ask for help.
 
He looks really familiar, she realized when he wasn't too far from her. Squinting her eyes, she racked her brain for the answer.  Oh!
 
"Sehuuun-ah!" Forgetting about her composure, she squealed as she ran towards him with her arms outstretched. She didn't notice that the other had hesitantly lifted his arms in confusion. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed the living heck out of him (or tried to) before she released him to look at him. 
 
"It's been such a long time, Sehun! The last time you visited our place was months ago, right? I heard you went overseas with your father for business. Wait, is it just me or do you look different than before? I thought you already passed puberty!" she laughed, not realizing her habit of rambling had surfaced.
 
"I'm not Sehun." was the reply.
 
Oh.
 
"You're... not Sehun?" she unconsciously took a step back. Mr. Apparently Not Sehun shook his head.
 
Well, .
 
"I-I mean, I'm so sorry about that. You just look like someone I'm really close to and I'm new to this school s-so I was really happy to see someone familiar, yknow? I wasn't doing it on purpose or anything. Please don't take it the wrong way." Boram squeezed her eyes shut, afraid to see his reaction. Surely, he would think of her as a creeper now!
 
Instead, she heard a snort and she peeked through one eye at him. Boram could tell he was trying hard not to laugh but was failing incredibly. Does that mean he's not mad at me? 
 
"Let's start again. My name's Luhan." he held out his hand with a bright smile plastered on his face as if nothing had happened a minute ago. 
 
"Boram." she mumbled in response. Boram timidly lifted her hand into his, not bearing to look at him face to face. So she began focusing on her shoes, noticing a new stain on the tip of her shoelaces. She made a mental note to scrub it off later.
 
"Well then, I'm pretty sure you know we're late so let's head on to class, Boram! The whole class is waiting for us." Luhan pulled their linked hands towards the direction he came from and did she just see him laugh? She was surprised. How could he still be so cheerful after what had happened? He had just been called a foreign name, gotten hugged by some random girl, and had listened to that random girl talk endlessly. Boram came to the conclusion that people might be much nicer than she had given them credit to be.
 
Luhan, on the other hand, was trying hard not to shout for joy while he was leading her to class. Here he was, holding her hand and it felt just so perfect, so right. Not to mention, she had hugged him earlier. Who cared if it wasn't exactly meant for him? He wasn't complaining. He would definitely have to thank this Sehun person later on for giving him the opportunity. 
 
The walk turned out to be way too short for Luhan's liking but nevertheless, he knocked on the door and entered with Boram trailing behind. All twenty-five pairs of eyes looked to their direction and her eyes flickered to the certain group of five towards the back who stared at her with an unreadable expression. She sheepishly smiled at them, mentally asking for an apology. Boram also noticed that girls were squealing at them. Maybe they're happy to have me as a new student. So she smiled, ignorant to the truth.
 
Luhan paid no attention to the girls who tried to get his attention, which was solely on the girl next to him. Shin Boram. His angel.
 
"Ah, you are Shin Boram, correct? I've already told the class about our missing student today," the teacher joked as he approached her.
 
"Yes.. I'm terribly sorry for being late. I got lost.." she bit her lip.
 
"It's understandable on the first day. This school is quite big, after all. Our class president, Luhan, insisted he look for you in case you ended up somewhere else." he chuckled. 
 
Boram didn't reply, touched at the fact that this boy, who had never seen her before, would willingly sacrifice his time to help her. Except she didn't know how much this boy had wanted to see her again; to step into her life once and for all.
 
"I'm your homeroom teacher, Kim Joonmyun so you can just call me Mr. Kim or Mr. Joonmyun." she nodded. "For the rest of the week, I want you to Boram around the school and give her a tour so she doesn't get lost again, okay?" Mr. Kim told Luhan. Girls groaned.
 
"Oh no, it's really fine. I don't want to burden him." Boram shook her head; she already had five boys who would stick to her side. 
 
Luhan frowned. It was silly to think that she would be a burden to him. He had even signed up to be the class president just to be able to spend time with her.
 
"Don't worry about that. It's his job anyways." Mr. Kim assured her. "You two can sit up here in the front. Don't be afraid to ask him or myself for anything if you need help throughout the week, okay?" She smiled back in response. Mr. Kim glanced to the side at the clock in the back of the room, "Well, looks like homeroom is done for today. Welcome back to SM High everyone and good luck in your first period!" With that, the bell rang and Mr. Kim left the room.
 
Luhan proceeded to his seat and she followed after him. She noticed that he was sitting to her left but before she could ask to trade seats with him, the next teacher walked in noisily with her heels clacking on the tiled floor. Boram's eyes widened. It seemed as if she was seeing too many doppelgangers today.
 
"Hello, class. I'm Ms. Oh Serin and I will be your first period teacher." Her eyes roamed over the students and landed right on Boram's. Now Boram was sure she wasn't just another doppelganger. She was Oh Serin, Sehun's sister and a Royal just like her. For a second, she wanted to wave at her and ask her how her summer had been but she stopped herself just in time. It would be one step closer to revealing her identity, which wasn't what she was aiming for. Serin seemed to take the hint because she looked away and continued on with her class.
 
As she was taking notes, she felt a light pressure on the side of her arm and she glanced to her left to see that their elbows were touching. Lightly bowing her head in apology, she shifted more to the right before going back to writing. Not even a few minutes had passed but she felt it again. The warmth of his skin. Maybe it was the extra heat but she felt her cheeks get hotter. He was right-handed and she was left-handed, explaining why they kept on bumping into each other. She knew it wasn't anything more than that.
 
"I'm sorry." she whispered.
 
"It's fine." he whispered back. "I don't mind," and really, he didn't mind. At all.
 
 
Author's Note;
 
I'm back! Thanks for waiting and subscribing to all 13 of you out there! muah. Y'all are the best.
I think I literally rewrote this 3 times because I wasn't satisfied with it, ugh. 
 
but YAY! They finally meet! (Not really. They met in the previous chapter too)
 
P.S. Don't worry if you're confused about the whole Royal/Anomaly thing. It'll be explained in the future; well, it should be .-.