02

More Than This

***

Minhee and Myungsoo arrived safely at their school. Myungsoo walked happily to the school gate while Minhee just followed him behind. Myungsoo pulled Minhee’s hand to walk beside him.
“isn’t this is cool?” said Myungsoo, excited.
“What?” Minhee turned her head. There’s nothing cool about school, she thinks.
“We’re always in the same school, except for middle school” Myungsoo explained. It makes Minhee thinks too. She agreed.

“So where is our class?” Myungsoo looked around  for their class, still holding Minhee’s hand.

Minhee can feel Myungsoo’s hand is warm and big. She feel it again. Something she don’t know. Something that makes her heart beats faster. Something that she don’t know should she let her feel it or not.

“There it is!” Myungsoo yelled as he point their class. Myungsoo pulled Minhee into the class.

The class is big and the seat is almost full. Myungsoo picked the seat in the corner, because it’s the only seat that is empty.

“I hope they’re nice” said Minhee.
“Who?” Myungsoo asked.
“Them” said Minhee while looking at their classmates. Myungsoo turned his head. Looked at what Minhee sees. Their classmates are so quiet. Busy with their own mind and activity.
Myungsoo laughed. “Pfft. They seems nice”

The class is so awkward, but not for Minhee and Myungsoo. They just talk each other, don’t care if they’re being the loudest in that class.

Minhee leaned her head on the table, and so did Myungsoo. They looked each other. Myungsoo laughed, shows his beautiful eye smile. Minhee feels that feeling again. Her heart beats faster and faster. She tried to avoid it but she can’t. She’s bust with her own mind while Myungsoo is still smiling at her.

Is this what people call with “fall in love”?

Did she just feel it?

Did she just fall in love with Myungsoo? Her own best friend?

She didn’t know.

***

Six hours went awkwardly in Minhee and Myungsoo’s class and now it’s time for everybody to go home. Again, Myungsoo hold Minhee’s hand. They walked out the class. Minhee stepped on her untied shoelace and almost fell. Good thing Myungsoo is holding her.

Boom! She feel it again.
She’s falling in love with the boy in her hand.
She can’t lie.

“You okay?” Myungsoo asked.
“Yeah I’m fine”
Minhee kneel down to tie her shoes…and hiding her blushed face. She know she can’t fall in love with Myungsoo, but she can’t avoid it either.
Minhee get up and fixed her school uniform.

“I’m hungry” Myungsoo whined.
“You’re always hungry”
“Then let’s eat”
“Fine. Where?”
“What do you want to eat? Seafood? Jjangmyeon? Tteokbokki?”
“Myungsoo watch your step!”
“Bibimba-“

DUGH.

Myungsoo still got his balance, but the person he accidentally hit fell. Myungsoo looked at that person. It’s a girl

“I’m so sorry! You okay?” Myungsoo kneel down in front of that girl. Their eyes looked each other. Myungsoo glued until he hear Minhee’s voice.

“Omo! Naeun! Are you okay?” shouted Minhee, kneel down beside Myungsoo.
“You know her?” Myungsoo asked.
“Oh! You’re here too, Minhee-ya?” that girl—Naeun asked surprisingly. Forgot that she’s sitting on the floor.
“Yeah. You okay?” Minhee asked.
“I’m alright” said Naeun as Myungsoo pulled her to get up.
“She’s my middle school friend. Naeun, this is Myungsoo, Myungsoo, this is Naeun” said Minhee.

Myungsoo give his hand. “Kim Myungsoo”
“Son Naeun” she shakes Myungsoo’s hand. Myungsoo—again—glued.

“Well?” Naeun awkwardly asked.
“Myungsoo-ya!” Minhee whispered.
“what?” Myungsoo asked like an idiot.
“Let go her hand, idiot” said Minhee while still keep the smile.
“Oh! Sorry!” Myungsoo yelled and let release Naeun’s hand immediately.
“No. I should say that first. I’m sorry about your shirt” said Naeun. Myungsoo looked down his shirt. He just realized that Naeun is holding a drink when she bumps into him.
“Ah. That’s okay” said Myungsoo.

“We’re going to eat. You want to come with us?” said Myungsoo as he pulled Minhee to stand closer.
“Well. I’d love to” Naeun shyly answered. Myungsoo and Minhee smiled, but Minhee feel something is going to happen.

***