03 [FINAL]

More Than This

okay this chapter is going to be longer. hehe.

*** 

***

It has been eight months since the first time Myungsoo met Naeun, and he can’t avoid that he just fell in love with her. Minhee know about this and she promised Myungsoo to help him in anyway she could. Myungsoo really thanked to have a friend like Minhee.

“I’ve done my job. Now its your turn” said Minhee when they were having lunch in cafeteria.
“What do you mean its my turn?” Myungsoo asked, curious.
“Go tell Naeun what you really feel”
“I’m not ready”
“Oh come on!”
“But you have to help me”
“Not this time. You have to do it yourself”
“…Okay”
“So when will you do it?”
“Um… Tomorrow?”
“Why don’t you do it now?”
“WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING?”
“I’m not. Before you’re too late. Naeun is pretty, I’m sure there’s so many boys out there waiting for the perfect time to have Naeun”
“Okay I’ll do it now!”

Myungsoo get up and sighed. Waiting for his courage and walked away. Minhee smiled. Myungsoo didn’t know. Myungsoo didn’t know at all. Myungsoo didn’t know at all, that she is now really hurting.

***

Minhee standing in front of the school gate, waiting for bus. Suddenly, somebody’s footstep is getting closer.

“MINHEE-YA!”
“AH! WHAT? WHO? WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Minhee screamed, makes the somebody—Myungsoo—laughed.
“Ah!”
“I’m sorry”
“So..you’ve told her?” Minhee asked with her heart beats faster. She’s not ready for the answer, but she really want to know.
“Yes” Myungsoo answered with a big bright smile.
“What did she said?”
“She said yes”
“Really?!”
“YES!”
“Congratulation!”
“Minhee-ya, thanks for everything!”
“Well, you’re happy now?”
“Really happy!” said Myungsoo, didn’t realize Minhee’s strange question.
Minhee smiled. Holding her tears.
Say it Minhee! Just say it!

“I’m glad you’re really happy. Now, please leave me” That’s it. She said it.
“E-Eh? W-What?” Myungsoo asked. Minhee could see Myungsoo’s expression changed clearly.
“Just leave me okay?”
“Why?”
“Just leave me”
“What do you mean ‘leave’? Do I have to leave now or what?”
“Leave. Pretend like you don’t know me”
“You know I’m not good at pretending”
“Well you have to this time”
“I won’t” Myungsoo hold Minhee’s wrist.
“Leave me, Kim Myungsoo” said Minhee. It really hurts Myungsoo’s feeling. Myungsoo release Minhee’s hand.
“Okay” Myungsoo feels sad, angry, he hate it that he don’t know what his fault. Myungsoo just standing there, watching Minhee get in the bus and leave.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Myungsoo is now in the same collage with Naeun. They’re still together. Since the day Minhee said she wants Myungsoo to leave her, neither Myungsoo or Naeun haven’t seen Minhee. They don’t know how is she right now.

“Why don’t we come to her house?” said Naeun when they’re talking about it.
“I’m afraid she’s still mad with me” Myungsoo answered.
“Then ask her reason”
“…Let’s go”

Myungsoo drive his car to Minhee’s house. Myungsoo didn’t start the conversation, neither do Naeun. They both curious with what happened to Minhee, their friend.

Myungsoo parked his car in front of Minhee’s house. Myungsoo pushed the bell waiting for someone to open the door for them. Naeun standing behind Myungsoo.

“I don’t think there’s somebody home” said Myungsoo after he tried to push the bell button several times.
“Maybe they’re moved?” said Naeun.
“Yes?” said a sound from the house. Myungsoo could see Minhee’s mom is standing in front of the door.
“Oh. Its me, Myungsoo!”
“Oh, Myungsoo! Come in!”

Myungsoo and Naeun followed Minhee’s mom into the house. They could see a big picture of Minhee hanging on the wall. Myungsoo really missed that smile. He wonder where is his best friend right now. What is she doing. How is she right now.

“I’m sorry I haven’t visiting for a long time” said Myungsoo as Minhee’s mom back with some drinks.
“Ah that’s okay. Please have a seat” Minhee’s mom smiled. Her face looks so tired and old.
“Ah. This is Naeun, Minhee’s friend” said Myungsoo introducing Naeun. Naeun smiled.
“So where is Minhee?” Naeun asked. She could clearly see Minhee’s mom’s expression changed.
“S-She’s not here” Minhee’s mom is trembling.
“Where is she now?” Myungsoo asked.
Instead of answering Myungsoo and Naeun’s confusion, Minhee’s mom get up and went to her room. She picked something that she put in her jacket immediately.

“Where are you going?” Naeun accidentally yelled to Minhee’s mom.
“We’re going to Minhee’s place”

***

Myungsoo stopped his car near a place. Neither him or Naeun didn’t know where are they now. Myungsoo just follow Minhee’s mom’s direction. And even now, Myungsoo and Naeun just following Minhee’s mom’s steps.

Naeun and Myungsoo started to realize what place is that.
Myungsoo can’t believe what he sees.

No. It’s not.

Tell me it’s a lie.

This is not happening.

Minhee’s mom kneel down beside a stone. Minhee’s tombstone.
“Minhee-ya. There’s somebody visiting you” said Minhee’s mom trembling.
Naeun hold his mouth to not crying loud. She can’t take it and kneeled down and cry. Myungsoo still can’t believe what he sees.

“What is this?” He asked.
“This is Minhee” said Minhee’s mom, holding her tears.
“No! It’s not! Minhee is still alive!” screamed Myungsoo and cried. Myungsoo kneeled down and the tombstone.

“Minhee-ya” Naeun is still crying. Can’t believe what happened.
“Why? When?” Myungsoo asked with his head down. Still crying.
“She got an accident. Her bus hit by a truck. It was when she was going home from school. It was her last school day” Minhee’s mom explained. Myungsoo realized that it was the same day when Minhee wants him to leave. Myungsoo cried even more.

“Minhee carried to the hospital and had stayed there for a day. She told me what happened that day. She told me everything. And before she died, she want me to keep this and give this to you” Minhee’s mom continued and gave Myungsoo a letter with blue envelope.

“I’m going home” said Minhee’s momm and leave.

Myungsoo and Naeun get up and get in the car.
“Read it” said Naeun, trying to stop crying. Myungsoo wipe his tears and opened the letter.
“Read it loud” said Naeun fixing her seat.
Myungsoo coughs before he start reading it.

“Hello, Myungsoo-ya!

Maybe when you read it, I have gone into nowhere.

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you anything. I really missed you and Naeun. How was you two right now?

Okay.

So, I got into an accident. I don’t want this either. But god choose this way.

As you know, we’ve being friends for years. But I just realized that I have a different feelings about you. I don’t know. I’m trying to avoid it, but I can’t.

Myungsoo-ya, I think I love you.

I can’t say it because I know you liked Naeun, so I just keep it myself.

Do you know that I’m hurting when I helped you and Naeun?
Do you know that I’m hurting when you said that Naeun said ‘yes’?

I’m hurting. Really hurting. That’s why I want you to leave.

I’m happy that you’re happy. So I want you to leave. I don’t want to ruin your happiness.

I’m sorry.

Now I’m leaving. Thanks for all the memories.

Naeun-ah, please take care of Myungsoo. He have to eat on time kkk.

Be happy, Myungsoo-ya. Thanks for everything.

I love you.

Regards,
Hwang MinHee”

*THE END*

*******

I'M SORRY IF THE STORY IS NOT LIKE WHAT YOU IMAGINED><

I just don't know how to end this so that's it HAHA

Okay I know its still bad, but i've tried my best.

Please leave a comment!