YunYoung - Two Loud Thuds

There's Something About Sooyoung [One-Shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two loud thuds followed by a single soft finger tap.

 

Sooyoung knew who it was for his knock against the door never once changed since their childhood years. A part of that always allowed her to feel secure, knowing that some things in her life would never be altered.

 

She dropped her novel upon her lap and headed to the door; fixing her hair along the way as she peeked at her image by the mirror at the entrance. She pulled it open with excitement flowing, her face flushed to a bright cardinal shade of red. But he was gone.

Once again, a sense of disappointment all too quickly replaced that tingling sensation that took over her not too long ago. He always had that ability, Jung Yunho.

 

She retraced her footsteps back to the novel she had abandoned. It would be another night with Harry Potter and his magical adventure. At least J.K. Rowling never failed her. Sooyoung’s fingertips glided through the pages before her mind drifted away. Her light switch turned off as if by an instant notion from a finger snap. The night was silent again, the beat of soft footsteps retracting would never be heard once more. A draft in the window remained for the nth time. The delicate brush of wind would once again land upon her face as slumber would erase it all.

 

Sooyoung would never know.

 

-

 

Morning came quickly like it always did. The sparrows on her window sill welcomed her to a new day. Sooyoung would sing her blues away, like they never happened, but the truth being that trivial lost instances never failed to leave a sense of bitterness within her heart. She knew too well that nothing would come out of getting upset from her best friend’s ability to disappear. She should be accustomed to it, but when it occurs so frequently, the nightmare of an idea where his image erases from her memory becomes more surreal.

 

She checked her phone that lay lifelessly on her dresser. 0 missed calls, 0 new text messages…Typical she thought. She was always the one to reach out first.

 

“Oppa~ did you happen to come by my place last night?” She stared at the text message with a quizzical look. With second thoughts running through her mind, she began to erase it.

“Oppa. Good morning!”

 

“Hey smiley. I’ll be there in a bit,” he replied normally.

-

 

The first day of December marked the day that Sooyoung and Yunho’s relationship would change.

 

Yunho was born into a prestigious family. He was the heir to a small chain of convenience stores across the small town. He didn’t exactly bleed green with money, but nevertheless, Sooyoung knew that he was always a step too high for her to set foot. She was a plain girl, the youngest of two children in her family. She fell in the group of average folk and the only thing that seemed out of place in her life was how she was somehow connected to Jung Yunho. She would always harbour a special feeling for her friend, for the guy that seemed too good to be true. And so Sooyoung decided to leave her fantasies in her imagination; played upon her favorite non-fiction novels.

 

It was not too long ago when she heard the news. Yunho’s mother had decided that her son was at the prime age for marriage. Of course, Sooyoung was never an option. In the years of knowing him, she understood the practice of not having false hopes, but it still left a bruise. The scar remained with her, every once in awhile the pain would emerge with the slightest contact. ...sometimes it would be the way he calls out her name or the slight curve of his lip when he restrains himself from smiling like an idiot. It hurt, but it was better than not feeling anything at all.

 

it up buttercup would be her slogan for the day.

-

 

Two loud thuds followed by a single soft finger tap.

This time, Yunho was there on the other side.

 

“My lady~” Yunho teased as he curtsied.

“What’s with the hair?” She laughed at the sight of his bare forehead glowing as it was rare for him to spike his strands with a concoction of gel and mousse.

 

“Just for you,” he smiled. “Shall we head out?” He as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter