Chapter 11

What About Us

"Sulli explain" Amber says as I wash my bowl that was full of cereal. Ever since last night, I can't stop thinking about what almost happened between me and Kai. He almost kissed me. I can't stop thinking about it. I promised I would tell Amber the whole incident once it was morning, Boy do I regret my words. I dont exactly know what to say since I'm just as confused as her. "Ssul you promised me you would tell me. Now spill" She says eagerly. I face her to see her with a wide grin plastered on her face. "Amber, What exactly is there to tell? You saw what almost took place with your own eyes." "So you both wanted to kiss each other?" She asks. "No" I retort back. "Well then you obviously still have some explaining to do." I sigh before I begin to tell her what happened. "Last night, we were just talking about stuff. He said goodnight and so did I, before I could make it inside the house he told me to wait and thats when he almost kissed me." "Oh my gosh Sulli, He almost kissed you!" Amber squeals happily. "Yes Amber, I know." I say flatly. "Why aren't you happy? Be happy." She says as her wide smile turns back to normal. "Amber, He has a girlfriend." I say angrily. "Well he must have not thought about her when he was with you." She says trying to cheer me up. "I would hat it if my own boyfriend tried to kiss another girlfriend even though he claims their friends." I say. "When did you care so much about Krystal's feelings?" Amber asks shocked at my response. "Sure I would love for Krystal to experience some sort of feeling to get back at her, but then again she is a girl just like me and you who also has feelings." I state. "I didn't think you would care so much for her, thats really sweet Sulli. So who exactly are you mad at?" "Kai" I answer flatly.

"Luhan what do I do?" Kai asks Luhan as he paces back and forth in his room. "As of right now you really need to just relax." He answers him as he sits calmly on the sofa. "What is wrong with me?" Kai asks himself aloud. "Many things my friend" Luhan whispers to himself. "Kai, You do remember that you have a girlfriend right?" Luhan asks. "Of course" He answers simply. "So then why did you do what you did." Luhan asks calmly so that Kai wont feel pressured. "I dont know. It was at the moment." He answers. "At the moment? You told me that before she could go in her dorm you called her back which meant that the conversation ended. Do you have feelings for Sulli?" Luhan asks calmly. "Of course, She's my bestfriend" Kai states. "Kai not those type of feelings. I mean the romantic type of feelings." "I dont know. I have Krystal yet when I'm with Sulli it feels different like a good type of different." Kais says. "So you have some sort of unclear feelings for her or mixed feelings." Luhan suggests. "I dont even understand why I did what I did. How am I going to talk to Sulli about this?" Kai asks aloud as he rubs his head. "Your still thinking of Sulli. Usually the guy in this position would think about their girlfriend and not the other lady." Luhan states. "Am I a bad person?" Kai asks as he looks at Luhan. "Your not a bad person Kai. You just need to think about what type of feelings you have for Sulli." "Your right" Kai says. "Of course I'm right" Luhan boasts about himself. Kai sends him a glare. "Don't get to full of yourself" Kai warns Luhan.

After I'm done being interrogated by Amber, I head off to my first class. When I get there I do the normal routine by sitting in my seat. As soon as I'm seated Krystal comes and sit's right next to me. Awkwardness is filled between us. I'm a bit surprised I haven't hear an insult come out from . "So how is your dance going with Kai? I should at least know since he is my boyfriend." She states. Of course Krystal will find a way to say something negative. "Its good. How is your dance with Luhan going?" I ask politely. She notices my change of voice. "He's alright. I could do better if only I was with the partner I need to be with. Kai" She answers. "What's going on between you two any ways?" She asks suspiciously. "Nothing" I answer flatly. "I really do hope that's true" She says. "I just silently sit there as she keeps talking. "You know, I've been taking notes on you two. Over the past couple of weeks the relationship between you two has gotten very good, do you know why?" She asks. "It isn't rocket science Krystal. If two people get close it's because they have a special bond." I answer irritatingly. She notices the change of tone and instantly starts feeling a little bit more at ease. "There you are." She says as she waves in front of my face. "What do you mean?" I ask her. "I was wondering where the annoying Sulli is, I prefer her more than the fake kind one." I'm literally not that surprised that Krystal would say that. Even when you try to be nice, she finds a way to make you regret it.

Once the class ends I make my way towards the dance class. When I walk in, I notice that all the students are in different random spots of the room today. Their is note on the sighn up sheet board stating that the teacher couldn't come becuase of personal reasons. Thank goodness this happened. Since the teacher is here nobody really has to stay and the substitute teacher hasn't even arrived yet even though were already 15 minutes in the class. With this opportunity I decide to go get some air. I can't see Kai yet, not after what happened last night. I make my way towards the roof, where as always the sight is breath taking. It's a breezy day today out. I take a seat on the roof and have myself in a deep thought. When I come up here all I can do is think. Think about life, and what choices I made or can make that are good for me. From afar someone else is enjoying the breeze too. "Sulli" He calls out. I snap out of my deep thought and turn my head to see him. "Is it okay if I come here?" He asks. "Is your girlfriend alright with that?" I ask seriously. He sighs before taking sitting down next to me. "So why are you up here?" He asks curiously. "I just come up here to think and get away from my life down there." I say refferring to my school life. He nods in understanding.

"Kai, Why did you try to kiss me yesterday?" I ask flatly as I stare at him in the eyes. He keeps his gaze on the view in front of him. "I'm not sure Sulli. I really wish I had an answer that could clear your mind, But I myself dont even know why I did that" He states. I look down as I take in his words. "Did you tell her? Krystal" I ask. "No" he answers calmly. "If I was in her position I would want to know what my boyfriend almost had happened between him and and another girl. If she were to find out it should come from you" I suggest to him. His gaze turns to me "I want to tell her, yet I'm still unsure myself about what to say becuase I dont understand what happened last night." He states. All I can do is just take in his words. "Kai I dont want us to be awkward like this, since our performance is coming up we have to keep things as comfortable as possible between us." He nods in agreement and hangs onto my words. "So friends?" I ask. "Umm how about best friends? I dont want to start to far over, I already did that before." I smile at his statement. "Fine Bestfriends?" I say as I offer him my pinky. He smiles and gladly accepts it. We stay like this for about a minute. Both of us weren't even aware about our skinship interaction but the simple fact that we were still friends. We were still together.