Act 1, Part 1

Act 5

 

            The light brown haired boy sat up from his bed and breathed heavily and beads of sweats streamed down from his head down to the neck as he reassured himself that everything was okay. It has been a while since he had that dream and it haunted him once in a few times in his sleep when he least expected it. The boy wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt and managed to calm himself down after taking several deep breaths.

"God...." Daehyun sighed. He looked at the clock next to his bed and it read 4:50AM. The room was still dark and the whole city was still asleep. But after having that dream, Daehyun was afraid to go back to sleep. But in a way he was glad that he had the dream, because it reminded him what he lived for, what his purpose was in this world, and what he must accomplish.

Unable to go back to sleep, he got himself a glass of water and went to the balcony. He stared at the view in front of him and sipped the water slowly. There was something that Daehyun could not get, no matter how hard he thought about it, he couldn't seem to get the answer. He took so many people's lives away without a blink of an eye; but when the dream came back, it left him feeling vulnerable and afraid. Why is that? Is it because he did not know those people? Or was it because the dream was about his parents getting killed right in front of his eyes, and he couldn't do anything about it? Daehyun rubbed his temple as the soft wind blew against him and ruffled his hair lightly. Even till this day, he still could not figure out who it was that killed his parents when he was ten. That haunting, frightening night had him waking up screaming and crying for the past 8 years. No matter what, he would get revenge; he would kill the person who took his parents away.

The sun rose and it was time for him to get ready for school. Daehyun washed up and wore his uniform that laid on the back of the chair. He ignored the maids' greetings and poured cereal into a bowl along with the milk and chewed slowly and thoroughly. He was living a life that no one had expected it; no one could have thought a 19 year old boy could be the one taking away other people's lives and because of that, it made him the perfect assassin simply because no one would ever think about a senior in high school would be an assassin. Then again, he should have been out of school already if he had attended school regularly and did all of his homework. Daehyun had been held back a grade or two due to his parents' death and depression. After his parents died, his aunt had took care of him but only until he was 15 and she had passed away because of cancer. His aunt was a wealthy widow who left all of her possessions and the house for him since she had no one to give it to. Ever since Daehyun witnessed his parents' death, he had gone through a period of depression and the hatred changed him into a cold blooded boy and killing was no longer something that would bug him. After all, what was the worst thing that could happen to him?

He had remember when he stole an expensive watch from a wealthy gang leader; the gang leader had threatened to kill him until Daehyun had offered to do anything if they would not kill him. He couldn't die; he needed to take on revenge for the murder of his parents. His parents were killed the most brutal way and Daehyun would never be able to forget it. So revenge was his first priority ever since he had sworn to murder the people who had to do with his parents' death. The gang member had turned him into an assassin, and surprisingly, Daehyun was good at it. He was clever, he was good looking, he was a good talker and he knew how to use his brain. But he did not do all that dirty work for nothing; he had made a request to the gang leader to help him find the people that had killed his parents. He did not want the incompetent police to just put those people in jail, he wanted to make them feel the pain that his parents had gone through; he wanted them to have a taste of their medicine and die just as brutal as his parents did. An eye for an eye, a tooth or a tooth.

Daehyun went to school as usual; went to classes, ate lunch, occasionally heard girls talking and giggling about him when he walked by and tried to stay out of fights. Several girls did approach him and asked him to go on dates or give him love letters, but he coolly declined every single one of them. To Daehyun, love was never on his list of priorities, and it would never be.

When he got home from school, he got a text message from the gang leader to meet him at the headquarters, and without a second thought Daehyun went there immediately.

"You called me," Daehyun said.

"I did indeed," the gang leader said and lid up a cigar in his mouth.

"So?" Daehyun said coldly.

"You are going to be happy when I tell you what it is," he said.

"Tell me now, I don't have time for this," Daehyun replied.

"Ooh, getting anxious now aren't we?" The gang leader had his legs up on the table and the end of his lips curled into a smile.

"Tell me," Daehyun said in a monotone voice.

"Fine, fine," he said a took out the cigar in his mouth and exhaled. "I found who murdered your parents."

"You did?" Daehyun's face lit up.

"Yeah. Well, we didn't find the actual guy who did it, but we found who was behind it," the elder man spoke.

"Who was it?" The younger male asked.

"Kim Jaekyong," he said and tossed a brown paper envelope at the table in Daehyun's direction.

"Take a look," the gang leader said and put his cigar back into his mouth. Daehyun walked forward and opened the paper envelope. He found pictures and documents regarding that person.

"Why was he behind it?" Daehyun asked.

"Well, old story that happens all the time. Him and his wife are your parents' rivals, and because of your parents they lost everything. So, of course, the only way to solve this problem and let their kids live a good and wealthy life was to destroy the enemy. So they hired someone to do it," the elder male said and Daehyun's grip on the envelope tightened; his knuckles turned white.

"However, him and his wife died in a car accident just around a few years ago, so you probably can't carry out your little revenge plan," he finished.

"Who said I can't?" Daehyun said through gritted teeth.

"Well, he does have a daughter and a son. And coincidently, the daughter goes your school as well. She is your junior by a year," the gang leader said.

"What is her name?" Daehyun asked.

"Everything is in the envelope. Go do whatever you wanna do," the elder male responded.

"Thanks," the younger male said and bowed a little before leaving the room.

 

 

Daehyun tossed the envelope on the table in his large and extravagant bedroom when he got home and went to the kitchen to fix something for himself to eat. The maids were out of sight so there was no one to order around. He looked through the cupboard and nothing seemed to catch his eyes so he settled for some beef jerky and sat on the sofa, staring at the brown envelope. Daehyun reached for the envelope hesitantly and opened it. He omitted the information regarding the man and his wife and he saw a picture of a teenage girl with long and wavy black hair, dark brown eyes, and milky-white skin. Daehyun wasn't going to deny the fact that she was beautiful. Right behind that picture was another picture of a young male around his 20s, if he was not mistakened. He had dark brown hair and the same dark browns eyes and skin as his sister. Daehyun looked through the information and focused more on girl's profile and past instead of the male. She was a good student and won many academic awards. She was described to be kind, intelligent, quiet, a social introvert, and well behaved by her 'teachers'. He scratched his head and wondered how they managed to get this information. Even her timetable was attached onto the package. Daehyun chuckled to himself and put the package back into the envelope. He had seen everything that he needed to see. He walked to his bed and laid there; the name lingered on his mind.

"Kim Jisun," he whispered to himself in a low voice.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

Daehyun made his way downstairs the next morning and sat down on the chair without another word as the maids prepared breakfast. He did not sleep much last night; he was nervous and a bit... excited as well. But the hard part is trying to approach the girl and somehow get close to her. It is not gonna be that bad, Daehyun thought to himself. Since when getting girls was diffcult to him? Especially a young high school girl. Kim Jisun should not be a hard target.

After finishing breakfast he left the house and the car was already waiting for him. He got on and nodded at the chauffeur; signaling that he could go already. Daehyun looked over the girl's timetable and her picture to refresh his memories. When the car arrived at the school, he muttered a 'thanks' at the chauffeur and walked into the school.

Daehyun had a reputation of being the guy that you would never want to mess with. No guys ever dare to approach him unless they wanted to be beaten. Even though the principal had warn him if he fought one more time he would be expelled from the school, but Daehyun could care less about it. He was already more wealthy than most of his classmates and he has a well earning job, so doing well in school doesn't matter to him. He already has the knowledge he needed to survive in this world. In this corrupt society, knowledge no longer matters. It's a dog-eat-dog world and those incompetent politics and police force were useless in keeping the nation a better place. It's time to stand up and protect yourself, no matter how selfish you need to be.

As Daehyun walked in the hallways, he never bumps into anyone because a path was always cleared as he walked since all the guys were afraid of him and the girls knew better than making him mad.

"Oppa, do you want to eat lunch with me? I packed an extra one just for you," a girl approached and asked.

"Oppa, are you free after school?" Another girl asked.

"Oppa, accept this drink please!"

"Oppa!"

Daehyun shot them a look and muttered a 'no, thanks' at the girls and walked faster. Then someone grabbed his hand and he turned around in response.

"Hey, do you want to hang out sometimes later today?" It was the most popular and beautiful girl of the school who spoke. She was not an easy girl; many guys asked her out but she rejected all of them because they were all below her standards. She was like the female version of Daehyun; except she is outgoing, ignorant and plain stupid in Daehyun's opinion.

"No," he said.

"Did you just say no?" The girl asked.

"Yes, are you deaf or you are just ignorant?" Daehyun asked and pushed her aside and left. There was an uproar behind him because he had just rejected and made fun of the most popular girl in school. But he did not care and continued to walk. He wanted to find Kim Jisun as soon as possible so he could get this job done. He had so much on his mind Daehyun wasn't looking where he was going and a girl bumped into him and fell along with her books.

"Watch where you are going, or are you just doing this on purpose?" Daehyun said, annoyed.

"Sorry," the girl gave him a look and muttered. She seemed to be more worried about the books instead of this guy in front of him. Daehyun scoffed and walked a couple steps then he frozed. He spun around and watched the girl with books walked further and further from him. Is it really her?

Daehyun wasn't sure and he needed to check quickly before she left. He ran to the girl and knocked the books out of her hands. The girl looked up at him in shock and Daehyun smiled after seeing her face. Gotcha, Kim Jisun. Daehyun thought to himself. She's a lot prettier in person despite the face that she made at him right now for knocking her books out.

"What the hell is your problem?" She yelled and kneeled down to collect her books.

"Just for fun," Daehyun shrugged.

"Why don't you go read some books?" The girl asked.

"Ah, aren't you that girl who won a bunch of academic medal stuff? Kim..... Jisun?" Daehyun asked. She rolled her eyes and left.

"I'm not done talking to you," he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

"Is there anything left to say? I don't even know who you are," she said.

"Jung Daehyun," he said and held out his hand. Jisun ignored it and walked away. Her attitude amused Daehyun and he followed her. The whole crowd of people watched the great Jung Daehyun following a girl only a few people recognized.

"Let me hold your books," Daehyun offered.

"No," she said.

"You look like you need help," he said.

"No," the girl responded.

"Do you have any friends?" he continued to ask.

"No," Jisun answered.

"Kim Jisun!" Daehyun yelled and she turned around.

"Would you stop following me? Everyone is looking at us," Jisun muttered at him and she disappeared into the crowd in front of them. Daehyun huffed then smiled, this girl was indeed interesting.

 

For the whole lunch break Daehyun went around the whole school trying to find the girl. He looked in the library, the gym, the courtyard, everywhere. But there were no signs of her. As he walked by an empty hallway, he saw a figure in a classroom and he walked in.

"Why are you here by yourself?" Daehyun asked as he approached the girl.

"None of your business," Jisun muttered and seemed to be focused on the paper in front of her. Daehyun then snatched the paper from her desk and read through it; it was a biology note regarding tissues.

"This stuff is easy, why do you even need to read through it?" He asked.

"What grade are you in?" She asked.

"Grade 12," he answered.

"I am a year younger than you, of course you know these stuff. And I never said it was hard," she said and took the paper from his hands.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Do I know you?" Jisun asked.

"Yeah, we met this morning," Daehyun said.

"The guy who purposely knocked my books onto the floor? Yeah, I remember," she said with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

"See, you know who I am," he said.

"Do you need my help or anything? If not, can you please leave?" She asked.

"Why do you suppose that I came to you because I need help?" Daehyun asked.

"A cold, ignorant guy whom everyone fears or fawn over would only talk to a 'smarty-pants' like me for a favour, so just spit it out," Jisun said without looking up.

"And you said you don't know me. Are you just putting up an image so you would be different from the other girls?" He scoffed.

"Oh my gosh, oppa, how'd you know?" Jisun said in a mocking tone and left the classroom.

"Wait," Daehyun followed her closely behind.

"I heard of you doesn't mean I know you. Stop misunderstanding people," she said.

"I did not approach you because I need something from you, I just find you interesting," he said.

"Interesting? Sure," she said and continued to walk.

"I'm serious," Daehyun said quietly and she stopped.

"Really?" Jisun asked. She seemed surprised and touched at the same time.

"Yeah," he answered. Daehyun was almost certain that he got her this time.

"Please, leave me alone. I'm begging you. I am boring and dull. Go waste your time on other girls," Jisun's previous expression disappeared and she left.

 

Daehyun got home and felt exhausted as if he ran a marathon all day. Maybe he did since he ran all over the school to look for that Kim Jisun. He reassured himself that it has only been a day, and he already talked to the girl so hopefully it would get easier as time goes by. He looked at the framed picture on his bedside and picked it up. It was a picture of him and his parents when Daehyun was 10. They did not deserve to die, Daehyun thought to himself. No matter how hard it would be, he was not going to give up. Kim Jisun and Kim Himchan was going to pay for what their parents did to his. The game has just begun and he was going to be the surviver in the end.

 

 


Author's Note:

hi guys! this is my newest fanfic "Act 5". I hope y'all will like it and please subscribe and comment!! Also at the beginning have some similarities with my other fanfic called "Listen To The Voice Of My Heart", however the plot is definitely not the same so yeah ;; have fun reading!