#2 - The Reunion

{HIAUTS} Siblings Reunion

 

BOLD SPEECH REPRESENTS KOREAN SPEECH.
 
 
Taemins POV
 
England, London ...
 
 
I knocked on the door, of what's meant to be TaeHee's house. I heard running footsteps. The door opened and my breath got caught in my throat.
 
 
TaeHee. It's her. So young and beautiful. Long black hair, that was permed and pinned back. A few locks of hair fell in front of her eyes. I couldn't help but brush the hair out of the way. "TaeHee..." I whisper.
 
 
She pulled back and yelled. "Mum!"
 
 
An English woman appeared at the bottom of the staircase. "What is it?"
 
 
"There's a strange boy..."
 
 
"Go upstairs Candi." Her mother says, she glares at me.
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"Just go!"
 
 
"B-But... Fine..." She huffed and stormed upstairs out of sight. As soon as she was out of reach of listening in, her mum glared at me.
 
 
"Who are you and what are you doing here!?" She asks coldly.
 
 
"My name is Taemin Lee, and I believe you know who I am and why I am here. I'm here for TaeHee."
 
 
"There's no TaeHee here. Leave us alone."
 
 
She tries shutting the door, but I hold it open with my foot. "Don't with me. I know what my own sister looks like. I won't just forget her!"
 
 
"Well she's forgotten you! She doesn't need you, she has me. I will not let you take her away, not what happened 3 years ago."
 
 
"I'm her brother. Her biological brother! I have every right in the world to see her! Let me see her!"
 
 
"Her name is Candi. And no. Just leave us alone. She's perfectly happy without you!" She shuts the door in my face. This time I don't stop it.
 
 
...
 
 
I've been walking around like crazy. What else can I do!? I turn around and went down a different street and stop in my tracks.
 
 
I see TaeHee sitting on the pavement, looking down at her hands.
 
 
"TaeHee! I found you finally!" I quickly lost my cool and hugged her. "I'm so sorry, TaeHee. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..." I realise her body is tense. I pull away and look her in the eye. She looked lost and confused. "TaeHee?"
 
 
"W-Who are you?... I-I don't understand, what are you saying? W-Why are you hugging me?"
 
 
I felt like a ton of bricks just crushed me. She doesn't understand what I'm saying? She doesn't understand Korean? Her own native language... She really has forgotten everything. A tear trickled down my face.
 
 
I snapped out of my thoughts when TaeHee wiped my tear away. "Why are you crying? Did I say something?" I shook my head. "You can understand English?" I nod. "Well answer this for me, why are you crying?"
 
 
"You really don't remember me do you?"
 
 
"I'm sorry, I don't know you. Did we know each other? I don't know anything about me from 3 years or before. Pretty sad."
 
 
"No it's not." I held her hand in mine, rubbing it mine. Trying to keep her close as possible without her freaking out. "We knew each other. Like best friends, but much closer. I knew you since the day you were born..." Her eyes widened.
 
 
"You know who my real family are then!?"
 
 
"Y-Yes."
 
 
"W-Who were they!? Do I have any siblings!? Where was I born!? Please tell me everything!" She begged.
 
 
"Uh... Our parents are living in Seoul, South Korea. We were also born in South Korea. Your real name is TaeHee Lee. We have an older brother, TaeSun."
 
 
"Wait. You keep saying we and our. You... Are you related to me?" I stay silent. "B-Brother?"
 
 
"Y-Yes. I'm you're brother. My name is Taemin, i-it's great to see you again." I looked up and saw TaeHee crying. "TaeHee!? What's wrong!?"
 
 
"I-It's just... I can't believe it, I have a brother. Not just one, but two. I-I never knew..." Her tears couldn't stop. I leaned in and pulled her into a hug. She stiffened slightly but soon relaxed and hugged back. "Brother!"
 
 
"TaeHee. I'm so sorry for everything I've done."
 
 
"W-Why are you sorry?"
 
 
"Because it took me 3 years to start searching for you."
 
 
"T-Taemin?" She began to calm herself.
 
 
"Yes? What is it?"
 
 
"Why were we separated in the first place?" I gulped.
 
 
"Lets take this somewhere else, shall we?"
 
 
She nods. "How about my house? My mum won't be back for a while." I agree with her. I guess this mean I finally have reunited with my baby sister...