Leo : Sleepyhead

VIXX Drabbles

A/N: In which Leo sings his active daughter to sleep. This chapter was a request by Jeslin_sone! I'm really sorry if it took some time, but I hope that you'll like it.

 

"Eunseo-ah, come on, it's bedtime," Taekwoon murmured, the crown of her little head.

"Nooo," his six year old wailed in protest, wriggling out of his grasp with practiced ease.

Taekwoon heaved a sigh as she slipped away, giggling. Instantly, he regretted caving into her request for all those sweets.

"Eunseo-ah," he repeated.

She shook her head adamantly, cringing her nose — a frown fixated onto her delicate features.

"Come on, love," he coaxed, squeezing her hand.

He loved his daughter more than anything, yet at times like this he honestly wished his wife was here to help look after their little bundle of joy. He waved the thought away, guilt pooling at the back of his stomach, he couldn't possibly blame her for being abroad, it was part of work after all. Eunseo could be a handful when excited, but he had to admit he was partly to blame for spending so little time with her.

"But, Daddy" she started, pulling her words into a whine, "I'm not sleepy!"

"Can we watch tv? Pleaase?"

Tugging at her father's sleeve, she flashed a broad grin, her dimples showing on her cheeks.

How could he say no?

A gasp of elation escaped her lips. She jumped for joy, pulling Taekwoon towards the television set.

He joined her on the sofa, and she shrunk into his warm embrace, hugging his arm. As soon as he pushed the button on the remote, the screen flashed to life, revealing a rerun of a music program. His eyes widened at the coincidence — VIXX was performing.

"It's Daddy!" Eunseo squealed in delight, leaping to her feet.

The familiar lyrics of G.R.8.U flowed from the speakers, hitting him with a pang of nostalgia.

Eunseo followed the choreography, her little feet deftly executing the steps with ease. A wry grin spread on Taekwoon's face, as he looked on with pride.

"Aww no more Daddy," she pouted, pointing at the next act that was on stage.

A yawn escaped her pink lips.

"It's time for bed, sleepyhead."

"I'm not tired," she refused to relent, widening her eyes to make a show of how awake she was.

Soft laughter bubbled from his lips, the girl was his daughter all right — just as stubborn as he was.

"Then what next, princess?" he ruffled the crown of her head.

The light in her eyes dimmed slightly,  and she clung onto his arm, curling herself into his warmth.

"I miss Mummy," she whispered, glancing up at his eyes, "she always sang me a song before bed."

"I'll sing you a song tonight, okay, love?" he coaxed, holding her tight.

She gave him a few quick nods in response, hurrying to her room to change into her pajamas.

Emerging in a matching set of adorable lion printed sleepwear, she scuttled to her father, burying her head in his chest in a hug. Gently, he eased her head off his torso and laid it on his lap instead. Cautious as to not hurt her, his touch was as soft as feathers.

Tender lyrics rolled off his tongue as he crooned a lullaby, the soft hair atop his beloved daughter's head. Heavy-lidded, she curled closer, lulled into slumber. His soothing tone slowed, gradually dropping in volume as her breaths evened and steadied.

With a small smile he carried her carefully into her room, tucking her in below the soft duvets.

"Good night, Eunseo." he murmured, pressing a kiss unto her forehead.