Chapter 1

Love under the moonlight

‘Are you ready little sister?’ Xiumin smiled at me.
Today was the first day of school. And this was my first day going to a new school.
The same as my brother Xiumin goes to. I nodded as a response. ‘of course I am.’ I answered. 
I’ve never really had problems at school. So why would I bother going to this school?
And I knew my brother was here to protect me.  We walked into the gates. So this is it, my new school.
I sighed by the look at the huge building. How would I ever find my way here.  I thought to myself.
‘Well I’m off to my friends.’ Xiumin said. I waved him goodbye. ‘See you at home!’ I yelled after him.
I didn’t know much about my brother’s friends. The only thing I knew where their names or he once told me their names I couldn't really remember them.
 I never had seen them before because my brother would only go to their homes but they never came to my house.
Or maybe they did when I wasn’t at home. I searched my way towards the reception of the school.
‘Well hello there.’ The receptionist smiled friendly at me and made me feel welcomed. I smiled back.
‘I’m Kim SaeJin, I’m new here.’ I told her. ‘Kim Sae jin.’ She reapeted my name while searching to her files.
‘Here I have everything you need for you.’ She said with a bright smile. ‘A plan of the school and your timetable.’
She handed me the papers. ‘Thank you.’ I answered while I took them.
‘Have a great first day.’ Was what she said when I left. ‘Thank you.’ I said again.
I looked at the plan and searched for my classroom.
‘Need any help with that?’  a voice asked me , which made me almost drop the stuff I had in my hands.
‘Sorry did I scare you? I didn’t meant to do that.’ I turned around to look into a boy’s face.
 ‘it’s okay.’ I answered and smiled at him.  He had a cute and handsome face, his blond dyed hair stood him well.
‘So you need help? I can see you’re new here.’ He pointed at the plan I was holding.
‘Oh yeah, I am. So yes I can need some help if you don’t mind.’ I answered and smiled.
I already started to like it here. ‘where do you need to go?’  I looked at my timetable.
First hour on Monday. ‘Class 1A.’ I answered. The boy nodded.
‘I’ll show you where it is.’ I followed him through the hallways of the school.
‘So you’re starting your first year here?’ he asked. I nodded. ‘Yeah I am. What year are you in?’ I asked.
‘The second.’ He answered with a smile. God he had a great smile.
‘Where here.’ He stopped in front of my new homeroom class.
‘Thank you for showing me the way, I’m Kim Saejin.’ ‘Luhan.’ The boy answered with another great smile.
‘I have to go now, I’ll see you around?’ Luhan asked while stepping a few steps away from me. I nodded.
‘Yeah sure.’ With that answer he was gone and I stepped into the classroom. First year. Everyone was new here.
That was a relief for me. That wouldn’t make me the only one who didn’t know no one.
At least I knew Luhan now and of course my brother. But that didn’t count. 
I sat down next to the widow and class started soon.  I let out a relieved sigh when the bell finally rung. 
Saying we had lunch break.
‘Yah ! Donseang.’ I walked out of the classroom seeing my brother who stood there waiting for me.
‘Oppa, what are you doing here?’ I asked. ‘I go to school here?’ he answered. ‘And I can’t leave my sister alone on her first day.’ He said smiling. ‘Let me introduce you to my friends.’ By this I noticed the group of boys standing around us.
‘This is Baekhyun, Yixing but you can call him lay if you want, Chen or Jong Dae, Chanyeol, Joon Myeong or Suho, Kyungsoo or DO, Yi Fan or Kris, Sehun, Tao, Kai or Kim Jongin and……’ ‘Luhan.’ I finished him.
Xiumin looked confused at me. ‘Yeah you’re right how do you two know each other?’ Luhan waved at me with a cute smile I waved back. ‘Luhan helped me to find my way to my classroom.’ I explained my brother.
‘So you’re one of my brothers’ friends?’ I asked him. Luhan nodded. ‘Yes, so you are Xiumin little sister?’ he asked. ‘I am.’ We both smiled at each other. ‘Okay, enough smiling, let’s go eat!’ my brother pushed me away from Luhan and made sure he walked next to me on our way to the canteen. I sat down with my brother and his eleven friends.
‘Can I ask you guys something?’ I asked while everyone was eating. ‘Sure.’ Kai who sat right in front of me answered.
‘Why do you guys all have nicknames?’ was my question. I remembered the day Xiumin came home telling my family and me how he wanted us to call him Xiumin from now on, I had asked him about it, but he didn’t want to tell me.
‘Let me answer your question.’ Luhan tried to explain but he couldn’t because Chanyeol told it for him.
‘It's because of our image.’ He said with an angelic face. ‘Your image?’ I asked confused and I laughed a little bit.
‘Did your brother not told you anything about this school?’ he asked. I shook my head.
‘No, he didn’t want to.’ I gave my brother an anger glare and looked back at Chanyeol.
‘Well we are kind of popular here at school, so some of us changed their names so it would look cooler, we even got a name for our group.’ Chanyeol explained everything like it was the best thing that has ever happened to him.
‘And that is?’ I asked curious.
‘EXO!’ the 12 guys all shouted at the same time. 
I laughed.
I started to ask myself why Xiumin never had introduced me to his friends before.
They were nice. I started to wish they were my friends also. But I didn’t think my brother would like that.
I started to eat too. Only to realize I felt some eyes watching me. I looked up and saw Kai staring at me.
I didn’t want to but I could only stare back. Like I only realized now that he was actually really handsome.
He smiled and I felt my heart bouncing like I had been running. I smiled back and looked at my food again.
I needed to stop thinking like this. It was time I needed to search my own friends. It was okay for now.
But tomorrow I would have my own friend group to hang out with.
After we finished eating we started to head back to our classrooms again.
‘See you in a couple of hours Dongseang.’ Xiumin went with his hand through my hair messing it up.
‘See you later Oppa.’ I said pushing him away from me. I also said bye to the other guys and walked inside of my classroom again. Looking around to the people who came in and where already sitting here.
Who looks nice in here? I thought in myself. I saw 4 girls laughed with each other.
Maybe I should try them? I was about to get up, until I saw another girl sitting all by herself.
I started to feel sorry for her. So instead of walking to the 4 girls I walked to her.
‘Hey can I sit here?’ I asked and smiled friendly at her.
She looked up to me and I could read the confusion in her eyes.
‘Sure.’ She hesitated but let me sit next to her anyway like she was scared of me.
‘I’m Kim Sae Jin.’ I introduced myself to her. She looked again with a confused and scared face at me.
‘I’m Lee Hye Min.’ she said. I smiled. ‘Nice to meet you, don’t you know anyone yet?’ 
she shook her head.  ‘You?’ ‘Only my brother and his friends. ‘I told her. ‘So , no I don’t really have friends here yet.’ She smiled a little.  I held out my hand for her. ‘Friends?’ I asked her. At first she hesitated but finally shook my hand. ‘Friends.’ She smiled at me.  I made a good choice choosing to be friends with Hye Min instead of the other 4 girls. We had a lot in commend and she made the lessons less boring.  The bell rung again. It was the end of the day. ‘I see you tomorrow?’ I asked Hye Min and she nodded. ‘Bye, see u tomorrow.’ She answered. With a smile I left the classroom. Heading towards the exit of the school where my brother and his friends were waiting for me.
The first one I saw was Kai. I started to feel weird again and I shook my head.
‘Stop this.’ I told my body. But it wouldn’t listen. ‘Hey SaeJin, can you tell mom I’m coming home later?’ Xiumin asked me. I nodded. ‘Yeah sure. I will.’ He smiled. ‘Great, I’m going to hang out with the guys for a little while, see you at home.’ I nodded before I could say anything they left.
‘See you tomorrow Sae Jin.’ Luhan waved with a big smile. Chanyeol did the same. 
And I waved back at them. ‘Bye.’ Kai gave me a little smile but it made me melt immediately. ‘Bye.’ I answered. With that they were all gone. I needed to say I actually had a great day.

‘I’m home!’ I yelled to my mom who stood in the kitchen.
‘How was your day sweetie?’ she asked. ‘Great.’ I answered. ‘I met some really nice people.’
My mom smiled at me. ‘I’m glad to hear that.’
‘Oh Oppa isn’t coming home yet, he wanted to hang out with his friends.’ I told her.
‘Okay then it will just be me and you at dinner.’ She said. ‘Isn’t dad coming home?’ I asked. My mom shook her head. ‘No, he just called he needed to work late.’
‘oh.’ It felt like I hadn’t seen my dad since ages. He was working late for like every day of the week now.   
‘Well I’m going to do my homework. Call me when dinner’s ready.’ With that I ran upstairs and got my books out of my bag. I really wanted to finish my homework but my thoughts went back to Kai every time.
‘Oh come on!’ I yelled to myself when I thought of him again. ‘I just only met him today, why is he in my head all the time? He’s starting to get on my nerves.’ To be honest. He wasn’t getting on my nerves. I tried to finish my homework again. It took me a couple hours to do that.
‘All because of you Kim Jongin.’ I sighed. ‘What did Kai do?’ Xiumin came into my room.
He must have heard me talking to myself. ‘Huh? What? Oh nothing, it’s nothing?’ I said fast.
‘You shouldn’t even be in here!’ Xiumin smiled. ‘Oh come on, what did Kai do to you?’
‘Nothing !’ I said again. ‘Hey you are my little sister, I have to protect you even if it are my friends.’
I sighed again and stood up. ‘I said it was nothing now get out of my room!’ I pushed Xiumin out of my room and closed the door. ‘I will find out!’ I still heard him yelling. I sighed and plopped down on my bed. 
Maybe staying away from my brothers friends isn’t going to be that easy. I thought.
Stupid Kim Jongin. I only know you a day and your all that’s in my head. What did I do wrong to you to deserve this? And with Kai in my mind I fell asleep.

 


Hiii !! :D

So this is another new story of me and god it really took me forever to finish this first chapter.  I really worked hard on this so of course I really hope you guys enjoy this ! ^^ 

don't forget to :  Subscribe, upvote and comment ! ^^

thank you so much ! :D