Chapter Six

A Forced Marriage

- Hanuel's POV-

 

Conversations happened around me. It was kinda noisy... 'Hey, I'm tryna get some peace here!' I was about to say that until I came back to my senses. My eyes twitched a couple of times. I felt pain on my forehead, but it was neatly aided. 

 

"Ya! It's okay... Just leave it there," A guy's voice, a very familiar one. That was just what I heard.

 

 I opened my eyes, And was widely awake after that. I glanced to my right then left, suspiciously. 'Wait, I'm still here?' That was the first thing that came to my mind. I brought myself up, sat upstraight on the couch. It was a relieve that my clothes were still on and I was saved from the creepy running ahjusshi :\  But... 

 

"Hey, you're conscious already," A sudden face cameout in front of me, I was shocked and jolted abit.  "How are you feeling now? Much better?" 

 

He holds, and examined the wound on my forehead. Every moment that passes felt like hours to me. Suddenly, I felt my cheeks became hot as he closered his face towards mine.  I closed my eyes, somehow I was expecting something would happen. It was a fool of me to think in such ways o.O

 

That moment, I swear he was the most cutest thing ever. With his pyjamas on, his oh-so-scrambled hair, that beautiful smile of his... I melted for awhile. I was like, practically staring to his Ulzzang face, a perfect creation of God. He looks so much like his brother, KiSuk...

 

-Kiseop's POV- 

 

After Hanuel tripped and fell over the rock, she became unconscious. I decided to take her home but half of me was wondering why was she out so late with all the luggage? And didn't she recognize me? if she did, why she kept running away? Hmm…

 

 Arrived home, I settled her on the couch and took out some medicine to aid her forehead. After that, I asked Yura to make some supper, in case she haven't ate anything yet. I went back to check up on her and she was then already awake.

 

 "Hey, you're conscious already! How are you feeling now? Much better?" I asked and sat infront of her. It was quite long then she replied me. I narrowed my eyebrows, 'Is there something wrong with my face? Is my nose upside down?' That thought came about when she kept on staring at me. 

 

I nighered my face towards hers... I shrugged her shoulders a little.  I was surprised that she went all blur and shook her head, some kind to refresh herself. I swear she looked adorable! >.<

 

"Hanuel-ah, are you okay?" I asked her again. She nodded as a reply, but that didn't assured me that she was alright. "Drink this," I gave her a glass of water to drink. 

 

-No One's POV- 

 

After some moment of silence, the  moment became awkward. Kiseop was still sitting facing Hanuel... As for Hanuel, she was still laid-back against the couch while looking down, mellowly holding the glass of water. Hanuel played with the ends of her hair, while Kiseop adjusted his voice.

 

 "Umm, I'm sorry," Their words clashed as they faced each other. "I was wrong," Suprisingly, their words clashed yet again. Their eyes met one another. 

 

"Let me say this first," Kiseop made way for him to express first. "I know, I acted like a jerk the previous time. But please, believe me I didn't mean to say all those things. I was just... mad, that's all." He lowered down his gaze in guilt. 

 

"Hey, that was not your fault. I was the one who was stupid enough to spit out those words," She said it sharp with rejection against what  Kiseop had just said. "No... It was not your fault, AT ALL. It was neither our faults," Kiseop convinced her. However... "I really beg for your forgiveness," Hanuel stood up and bowed towards Kiseop. "I'll leave now," She walked off feeling remorsed. 

 

"Hanuel, Don't leave." Kiseop grabbed her wrist. "Just please don't go," He loosen his grip. "But why? You're mad at me right?" Hanuel turned her face over.  "Nope..." Kiseop shook his head repeatedly to ensure Hanuel what was right. 

 

"We can always start anew, right?" He looked deep into her eyes in sincerity. But it was to no avail, Hanuel stared downwards. Mouth tremblingly and said, "But..." A sudden tear rolled down her hot cheeks. "Hey, don't cry. It's okay, I forgive you already. Come here, come here..." Kiseop chuckled and wiped away her tears softly.

 

"Aww, my Hanuel-ah, don't cry! You don't want me to treat you like a crying baby right?" Kiseop made funny face expressions just to make her laugh. He even pretended to cry too and pouted cutely *^^* Well, Kiseop never fail to make someone smile again.

 

"It's late now, better get some sleep. You eaten dinner already?" Kiseop offered her dinner but she refused despite her growling stomach. "Alright then. Let me bring you to bed. Let's go," Kiseop  carried her bags and went upstairs followed by Hanuel. Her bags were placed infront of the wardrobe."It's okay. Just put my bag aside, I'll do it later on. Thank you so much," Hanuel assured him that she was okay, so to not trouble him anymore.

 

 "Kiseop-sshi...Um, thank you for everything. Sorry again for what I've done." Hanuel said awkwardly before Kiseop left the room. "Goonight~ Bye bye, I'll see you tmrw for breakfast!" He bid cheerfully and walked off. When Hanuel was abt to close the door, Kiseop reversed back and said, "Yah, you don't cry too much... Okay?" He grinned and skipped his way towards his room.

 

  -Kiseop POV-

 

  Work, schedule, more work- late nights. I texted Eli, he said tmrw's schedule was not that hectic. I planned to visit my parents over at their house, maybe bringing Hanuel along. Yes! I was also planning to introduce Hanuel to UKISS. 'I gotta ask her tmrw morning,' I cast my weary body onto the soft bed.

 

 I looked out for the time, it was 2 in the morning. I couldnt sleep… I then decided to go out to take some fresh air. On my way downstairs, I passed by hanuel's room. I badly wanna check on her, but then my instincts said no.  

 

So I headed my way towards the garden. I was surprised, there was a person standing there, staring towards the sky. That body figure form the back looked very familiar to me, she was wearing a sweater and was wrapping her arms around her body. My intention wasn't to disturb her, but that was also the place where I was heading to earlier on.

 

 I went to the kitchen a made hot chocolate for the both of us; hopefully it would warm her down.

 

"Hanuel-ah, what are doing here? Why arent you asleep yet?" I asked her as I placed the mugs on the coffee table beside me.  

 

  -Hanuel's POV-

 

It had been exactly a week after i was kicked out from home, being an abandoned child. As I laid on the comfortable bed, my eyes won't stay shut. I was worried about something I wasn't sure myself.

 

 The times when I spent most of my time with my parents, came flashing into my vision. It was like a video that kept replaying. "I really wish you were here with me, KiSuk Oppa," My body felt tighten, sometimes I just couldnt breathe. So I decided to went out to calm myself down and take in some fresh air.

 

 I wasn't sure where was where, as the house was huge for at least only 3 people living in it. I walked my way through the hall and to the garden and found myself a big pool. There was also a small fountain by the side. I looked up and saw the Night sky that was covered by sparkling stars, accompanied by the moon that glowed beautifully... That moment, I felt like all my problems were flushed away. 

 

Even if my focus was at the moon, but my mind wandered to the other. 'Eomma, your princess misses you,' I wasn't really talking to the moon, but I was in hopes that eomma will hear me from the other side… I was abit bored that I couldnt sleep, I started to count the stars. It wasn't that many, umm it was more all over the place. The chill breeze kept brushing over my face.

 

 "Hanuel-ah, what are doing here? Why arent you asleep yet?" 

 

Oh my god! You shocked me! 'Cant you say Hi or something? Don't just come and surprise people,' I cursed him countlessly. If only I could shout to his face... You see, I even lost count of my stars! I turned and saw Kiseop. Oops~

 

"I can't sleep, that's why I'm here. Nice place you got here," I tried to be cheerful, but I guess it was obvious that I was down. 

 

"Oh yeah, I don't care much actually abt the house. Hey, I made this for you! Drink it, It will sure cheer you up!" Woah, it also seemed like we have some telepathy going on. Kiseop passed me the mug and I took a sip of the hot chocolate. 

 

"Hmm, nice! Thanks," Actually, somehow it really cheered me up a little. The chocolate was thick and superb, my drink was half already. Seriously, Every bit of him really reminds me of KiSuk... "You're welcome. Hmm, can I ask you something?" Eventhough common questions like this always scare me but still, I nodded then he continued, "I understand the current situation, unexpected things happened very fast. Do you actually accept it? The marriage and everything?" 

 

 "Everything was self sought, it was my fault. If I didn't done it, none of this will happen. You will be free, I will not trouble anybody. But now, everybody is disappointed on me with what I've done. Sorry if I'm exaggerating but, If I could turn back the time, … " 

 

"Hey wait wait! What are you saying? Don't say that. The past let it be the past.. And everything happens for a reason and I'm always here for you, okay? Even if I don't know you well, I know that you're a strong person." Kiseop faced me, but I don't have the courage to do the same thing. His eyes, mesmerized me. 'KiSuk, Why can't you be here for me? Why must you leave?' Questions keeps lingering on my mind.

 

"Lets say, we start all over again? It doesn't hurt for us to be friends first right?" Friends, he wants to be friends with me? I cant even.. I turned my head over, and looked into his eyes. It really expressed his sincerity.

 

 I was grateful that at least a person cared for me. I didnt know how to show my gratefulness, I ended up crying hardly. There I go again, I cried, again.

 

"Hello there, I'm Kiseop, Lee Kiseop. 20 yr old member of UKISS. Nice to meet you." I was surprised by his reaction. He bowed and handed over his hand.

 

 I chuckled and did the same thing despite that I was crying, "I'm Hanuel, Kim Hanuel. I'm 19, Nice to meet you too," I said between sobs. I really couldnt react much, probably cos i was really touched.

 

Soon we shook hands. "Wipe your tears, stop crying already!" He firmly warned me but then I suddenly laughed uncontrollably.  He pulled me forward and hugged me, I could feel the warmth between us. "I'm always here for you, I'll takecare of you. I'll protect you okay?" 

 

How evil he was, he ended up tickling me. It was pro that he knew my weak point eventhough we're not that close. Our laughters lit up the night as well as my spirit. I cried too much.. He said, "I'll never let you even shed a tear anymore. It's lacking already," Aww, he cared for me too much, such a dork. I really appreciated it.

 

"Yah! I'm serious okay, stop crying or else I'm gonna call you a crying baby~~" Urgh, Kiseop teased me and I pouted unsatisfied. How dare him, he imitated my expression!

 

 From that moment onwards, I knew that I should continue my life and I'd sure that it's gonna change. I told myself, "Forget KiSuk, forget the past and move on,"