Chapter 1

Change of Plans

"Park Chanyeol. Detention, again."

 

The typical life of being the school's kingka, Park Chanyeol. There he was again, getting his one way ticket to his favourite place in the world.

 

"Thanks for telling me, sir. It was very nice to know what I would be doing in my time after school." Chanyeol replied with a smirk and sat down at his desk, leaning back with his arms folded. "Seriously Mr. Woo. Just look at your class and tell me that they're engaged in their learning." Chanyeol said smugly as he gestured around the room.

 

Mr. Woo's face burned with anger each growing second. "I guess you wouldn't mind staying in after class for a little chat then, Chanyeol."

 

"I'd be glad to."

_____________________________

 

As the student's in Mr. Woo's class left one by one, Chanyeol just sat there, twiddling with his thumbs. When everyone was gone, Mr. Woo cleared his throat. "Take a seat, Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and blew his nails. "I'm already sitting down here. Might as well have your chat with me now before I walk out of the room."

 

Mr. Woo breathed in and spoke. "I really don't want to talk to you right now--"

 

"--I guess the feeling is mutual then."

 

He ignored Chanyeol's remark and continued to speak. "But what I'm about to give you is really important." Mr. Woo took a piece of paper off of his desk and held it out. Chanyeol obliged and got up to get the paper.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "I'm going to be expelled?"

 

"The school isn't certain yet. For now, I suggest you be careful. Though you are troublesome, you're not a bad person, Chanyeol. I know you can improve on your behaviour." Mr. Woo said while leaning foreword and rested his elbows on his desk.

 

"So this  hole of a school is out to get me?" Chanyeol said quietly and gripped onto the paper. "What will my mum say...?"

 

Hearing his silent cry, Mr. Woo spoke up. "I've already talked to your mother about this. She understood why and hung up."

 

Chanyeol shot a glare at Mr. Woo as his hands fell by his side. "Who the hell do you think you are calling my own mother without my consent? I never asked you to tell her this, did I?" Chanyeol ripped the paper in pieces and dropped the remains of the notice on the floor.

 

"Park Chanyeol..."

 

"You're the that broke my mum's heart and you decide to just talk to her when you already know that she doesn't want to here your ing voice anymore?" Chanyeol stepped closer and slammed his hands on Mr. Woo's desk.  "How low can you get? She's already going through a hard time raising her one child by herself and you have the nerve to talk to her about me...you're so pathetic."

 

"It was never my fault. I had to leave her for the best. It was the only way you both cou--"

 

"YOU LEFT WHEN WE NEEDED YOU THE MOST!" Chanyeol couldn't take it anymore and yelled. Tears nearly forming in his eyes, but he fought back. "And you say it was for the best? How dare you ing say that." His stare into Mr. Woo's eyes got even more intense. "Don't bother talking to my mother ever again...dad."

 

Chanyeol took his bag and left, slamming the door behind him, leaving Mr. Woo with clenched fists.

_________________________________________

 

"Mum I'm home!" Chanyeol opened the door and saw his mother in the kitchen, cooking some food. He smiled to himself, placing his bag on the couch and walking up to her, peaking over her shoulder. "What are you cooking? It smells good." He gave his mum a peck on her cheek before sitting down at the dining table.

 

There was no reply coming from his mother.

 

He pouted and rested his head on his palms. "Are you alright mum? Are you not feeling well?"

 

Still no reply.

 

Chanyeol sighed just as his mother finished cooking and started setting out on the table. He got up and helped his mum set out two plates and the utensils on the table. They both sat down as Chanyeol grinned and started eating happily.

 

He took a bite of his food and looked up at his mum, who wasn't even touching the food she made. He swallowed his rice and looked at his mum with a worried expression. "Mum..."

 

"Your father called." Was all she said.

 

"I've heard..." Chanyeol took another bite of his food and continued to stare at his mother. "Are you mad at me?"

 

"No. I'm not mad Chanyeol-ah." His mother said blankly. "I'm just disappointed." Hearing those words from his mum always hurt him. Knowing that she was disappointed in him never made Chanyeol feel good.

 

"You do know that I'm still doing well with my grades and I'm actually trying to do my best for you, right?" He tilted his head to the side but his mother just looked down at her lap. "Making you mad or disappointed would be the last thing I would ever do. We've only got each other now. I can't afford to get you upset for anything."

 

From what Chanyeol said, his mother looked up at him and replied. "Do you promise to be good in school from now on?" Chanyeol nodded and smiled.

 

"Of course I will. Just for you."

 

His mother cracked a smile and grabbed her chopsticks. "Hurry and eat, Chanyeol-ah. The food will get cold." Chanyeol grinned widely and started digging in with his mum doing the same.

 

When they finished eating their meal, Chanyeol washed the dishes and started doing his homework. He pushed his glasses up and continued typing out his essay for history. Just as he was in the middle of finishing, he heard a knock on his door. "Come in."

 

His mum came walking in and sat down beside him. She looked at what he was typing and smiled. "You're a very hard worker, you know that?" Chanyeol looked at his mum and smiled.

 

"I'll always be a hard worker. I'm doing it to make you proud of me." His mother cupped his face and kissed his forehead.

 

"You know...no matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby boy." Chanyeol chuckled and nodded. His mother gave a soft smile and placed her hands on her lap as he continued typing. "You're graduating next year, Chanyeol-ah..."

 

Chanyeol paused and looked at his mother. "And?"

 

"And I want you to know that even though you're going to be out of school soon and may be moving out..." She placed her hand on Chanyeol's cheek and smiled sweetly. "I'm proud of you and I love you."

 

He smiled softly and hugged his mum. "I love you too."

 

His mother got up and ruffled his hair. "Now get back to work and finish your essay, alright?"

 

"I will!"

 

With that, Chanyeol's mum shut the door behind her and walked over to her room, holding her chest. She sat down on her bed and opened a drawer, taking out some pills and grabbing her glass of water. When she took the pills, she breathed in heavily and closed her eyes for a second.

 

She took a picture frame off of the side table and stared at it with a soft smile. It was a picture of her, Chanyeol, and his father. They all looked happy together and had big smiles planted on their faces. A tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered the times where everything was going well.

 

She placed the frame back down and slipped into her bed sheets, wrapping herself up. When she shut her eyes, she heard someone open her door and pretended that she was asleep.

 

Chanyeol smiled seeing his mother asleep and knelt down next to her. He kissed his mothers cheek and sighed. "Make sure you're ok, mum. If you ever need anything, I'll be right here with you. Good night."

 

He got up and walked out of the door, closing the door cautiously behind him. His mother shot her eyes opened as tears began to fall, one by one.

 

"Chanyeol-ah...I'm sorry."