Vampires ; Sunggyu/Woohyun

When Authors Lose Their Creativity (Request Dump)

A/N: Heeeeeey, you. Yeah. Erm. Hi? Yes? No? I'm sorry? No? Okay. /*sigh*

Me is NOT back. I have so much assignments up my metaphoric that I wonder how I can metaphorically walk at all.

And how I finished this.

What is this anyway?

What is life?

Yeah, anyway. Don't be too enthusiastic about me returning to this crib. Because I'm not. At all.

Oh, and you have Loki of Asgard to thank for Sunggyu's personality here.

Like seriously, too much superhero movies lately.



It was silent, as always. No sounds coming into his ears, except the occasional creak of the hard wood that surrounded him. His chest moved up and down with his gentle breathing, and he smiled. He lied there, enveloped by beautiful darkness, only silence and nothing else accompanying him. That's how he liked it, basking in silent solitude, left to rest in peace for eternity, nobody but-

 

Come on, Gyu. Wake up.”

 

He hissed sharply as a burst of light violated his eyes, lips pulling back to reveal sharp canines. Closing his eyes in a last effort to keep the darkness with him, he exhaled a strained breath.

 

He so could already feel that headache coming.

 

Woohyun.”

 

It was a statement, underlined with an edge of annoyance.

 

Why.”

 

Another statement, it wasn't as if he was expecting an answer to his question.

 

Ew, Gyu. This room stinks. Don't you ever open a window? And how did you make the whole smoke appear when I opened the lid of this coffin? And why is it so dark in here, I can barely see you.”

 

Sunggyu breathed one last calming breath and slowly sat up, massaging his temples. Why did he have to come and disturb his peaceful sleep? Why couldn't that annoying little werewolf not leave him alone? Why? Why? Why?

 

Because, Woohyun, I was sleeping, in my coffin, because I'm a vampire, and that is our thing. Sleeping in coffins and blood. You know, the whole tall, dark and handsome thing? Yeah? Yeah.”

 

Woohyun pursed his lips, as if in thought, and Sunggyu just sighed. Slowly righting himself up, he ran his palm over his face.

 

What date is it?” he asked, slowly heaving himself out of the coffin and turning on the light with a snap of his pale, long fingers. Woohyun watched, fascinated, while scratching himself behind his ear.

 

It's October.”

 

Year?”

 

Twenty-thirteen.”

 

Sunggyu stilled, starring at his sometimes furry companion with a raised eyebrow.

 

Twenty-what?”

 

Twenty-thirteen? Like, 2013?”

 

Groaning at the weird language that his friend emitted, Sunggyu brushed off all the dust that gathered on his black suit and ran a hand through his hair. So he was asleep for twenty years. A pretty nice number, considering that Woohyun usually woke him every five years or something.

 

Is that how people speak nowadays? Twenty-thirteen? That isn't even a legitimate number.”

 

Woohyun just grinned at him and threw an arm over his co-immortal's shoulders, Sunggyu flinching away from the contact. Staring at the hand on his shoulder in distaste, Sunggyu growled lowly, lips pulling back to show clenched teeth.

 

Yup. You'll need to get used to it.”

 

The caramel haired man just stared at the figure in confusion.

 

What? Why?”

 

Woohyun only grinned.

 

'Cause I'll take you out.”

 

A few seconds passed in silence, Sunggyu staring at Woohyun blankly, before he finally bit the other's hand. Yelping loudly, the werewolf let go of the elder and cradled his hurt hand to his chest, whimpering.

 

I cry for your language, Woohyun. And what is this blubbering about taking me out? Surely you must be jesting me.”

 

Scrunching up his face at the elder's choice of words, Woohyun shook his head.

 

Why would you do that? Are you hoping for a public execution by any chance?”

 

Woohyun just let out a set of loud, barking laughter and finally trudged over to the curtain-covered windows after turning off the lights, taking a peek outside. Smiling in satisfaction, he pulled open the heavy, black curtains, lighting up the room a little. The vampire's initial reaction was to pull his cloak over his face, but since he discarded the heavy material before succumbing to his sleep, he could only raise his arms in protection.

 

Hissing loudly, Sunggyu started cursing, “Have you gone crazy?! You stupid mutt!”

 

Woohyun only laughed.

 

Relax, there's no sun out. Clouds are covering the whole sky.”

 

Hesitatingly, Sunggyu lowered his arms only to come to the conclusion that his friend was right. Coughing modestly, the caramel haired straightened out his blazer and then crossed his arms in front of his chest.

 

So? What is this whole ordeal with “taking me out”, as you phrase it?”

 

Easy. People love us.”

 

Sunggyu blinked twice.

 

Excuse me?”

 

It's true,” Woohyun insisted, grinning excitedly, “Humans love us now. Writing whole books about us and stuff. We're the real .”

 

Not quite following the other's words, Sunggyu scrunched up his nose and cocked his head to the side. How could humans accept mystical creatures all of a sudden, after centuries of hunting them down and driving stakes through their hearts?

And in what way is it flattering to be called an excrement?

 

The...real...? I don't think I can comprehend.”

 

Seriously, Gyu. Well, the image of a vampire has become quite...interesting, indeed, but we werewolves are seriously badass, you know. With six-packs and no t-shirts and everything.”

 

The vampire felt his head starting to pound insistently. Raising his hand, he let a glass of substitute blood float to him.

 

What do you mean, interesting?”

 

Well. The sun doesn't hurt you, but your skin starts glittering when you're exposed to it. Like a disco ball. And you have fabulous hair. Other than that everything is pretty accurate, with inhuman powers and everything.”

 

Letting everything run through his head for a few moments, Sunggyu sank heavily into his cushioned chair.

 

The glittering and the hair are an offense to my being.”

 

I know,” Woohyun giggled, seating himself in front of his friend like a little puppy in front of its owner. Sunggyu patted his head twice, and then supported his chin on his palm, elbow propped up on the arm of the chair. In the other hand he still held the glass of blood, however not having had a sip yet.

 

You have to come with me, there is so much to see! You haven't been out in centuries!”

 

The sitting male chuckled drily, leaning back in his chair, “That is because in my records, people tried to pierce pieces of wood through my chest everytime I left my home.”

 

Do you really die from that?” the werewolf asked, propping his chin up on the other's knee. Sunggyu swirled the red substance in the glass, transfixed by the color, and grinned at the question. Directing his sharp eyes at his companion, his lips curled into a snarl.

 

Who doesn't? It is not our fault that these mortals have poor shooting abilities. We merely heal quickly.”

 

Woohyun hummed, staring at the elder's hair.

 

Why isn't your hair red anymore?” he mumbled, curiously, reaching out with his hand as if to touch it.

 

Because-”

 

The elder took a gulp of the blood, his hair immediately taking on a pink hue.

 

I haven't had a fine glass of blood in twenty years.”

 

After he finished his glass, his hair had turned a bloody red color, leaving the werewolf fascinated.

 

Gyu.”

 

The vampire only hummed, eyes closed.

 

Your hair looks terrible.”

 

Shocked, the now red haired person fixed his wide eyes on his companion.

 

Excuse me?”

 

Yup. It's all slicked back and gross looking. That won't do. Your clothes also, we'll have to change them.”

 

Before the vampire could utter a word of protest he was dragged into the direction of the bathroom.

-

“Oh my god, what have you done to me?” he muttered lifelessly, eying his recently changed appearance in the mirror of his master bathroom. The mirror was of a big size, the edges decorated in an old, vintage style, corners swinging into elegant twirls. He could see his companion's proud smile in the mirror and he suppressed the urge to use his telekinesis to strangle the out of him.

 

Cautiously touching the soft strands of his freshly washed hair, now free of any gel or wax, which were reaching into his face, ending just over his eyebrows. Sunggyu was speechless. He had bangs. Of all things unmanly, he had bangs and he hated how they made him look so...so soft and pretty.

 

Curling his lips with distaste, he resisted the urge to run his hands through his hair, because then Woohyun would start pouting and acting too cute for his well-being and he didn't like it when he did that.

Sighing loudly, Sunggyu finally turned away from the mirror, throwing Woohyun a bored expression, as if asking, 'What now?'.

 

Woohyun only smirked.

Twenty minutes later, after much arguing and the inappropriate use of telekinesis powers, Sunggyu found himself in a pair of red pants, which were far too tight, tucked into a pair of combat boots and a white long-sleeved shirt underneath a plain black leather jacket.

He managed to force Woohyun out of putting any accessories on him (after letting him hang upside down for five minutes), so Sunggyu felt at least a little successful.

“Why did you have to add on to the whole fabulous hair thing you've told me about? Why do I have to have fabulous hair?”

Woohyun just laughed, amused by Sunggyu's inability to get over his hair.

 

Because chicks love fabulous hair, easy.”

 

Sunggyu eyed Woohyun, horrified. Chicks?!

 

Oh my God, Woohyun. You don't expect me to have with animals, do you? Because that is sick, really really sick and I think I'll just-”

“What? No! Nonono. Holy , Gyu, ew, no. Girls. Chicks is a synonym for girls, okay?”

It looked as if somebody lifted an elephant off of Sunggyu, his face loosing all signs of revolt and forming instead into an expression of relief. Running a hand through his hair, he let out a loud sigh.

 

Why am I doing this?” he asked into the room, not really expecting an answer. He should have just lied back into his coffin, closed the door and slept for a few decades more. But no, he just had to have a as a friend who was intent on dragging him out. Into the world, of all places. To humans, who still terrified the out of Sunggyu, no matter how much Woohyun sugarcoated it.

Being popular in books was different to the real world. As soon as they found out that vampires were real, that Sunggyu was real, it would all end in the same way, because that was just the nature of humans.

People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.

Seeing the worried expression on Sunggyu's face, Woohyun's smirk softened into a smile as he clapped the elder on the shoulder.


“Don't worry, they won't find out.”

Sunggyu only nodded, not really believing it.

 

-

 

What is this substance you are holding, Woohyun?”

 

He eyed the cup filled with some strange liquid in the werewolf's hand, and fought the urge to snarl at it.

 

Not everything is a threat, Sunggyu, Woohyun had said, No need to snarl at everything that looks foreign.

 

Sunggyu objected to that, because there is need, even if it only made him feel a little safer being outside.

 

In the world.

 

Sunggyu still felt like throwing up at that thought.

 

It's bubble tea, my dear Sunggyu. You wanna try it?”

 

Woohyun looked adorable like that, offering him that weird beverage that looked like somebody vomited it up and – what are those things floating around in it?!

 

I'd rather eat my own foot, Woohyun.”

 

He only received laughter in response, and he couldn't hide his look of disgust as he saw one of those ball shaped things go up the straw and land right in the others mouth, where it would meet its chewy end.

 

You are disgusting.”

 

With that, Sunggyu turned around and left Woohyun standing there, stunned and with a half eaten boba in his mouth.

 

-

 

I do not understand, what is this “aye-phone” you are speaking of and what does it have to do with apples?”

 

Currently a young maiden, with far too much black underneath her eyes and far too little cloth covering her body, was standing in front of him with some kind of device that fit into the palm of her hand.

 

She had approached him as he was discovering the wonders of a vending machine. While he was in the process of retrieving his chocolate bar, he suddenly had felt a touch to his shoulder, which pretty much scared the living daylights out of him because why would anybody touch him without his permission?

 

After he had turned to her with a confused, but at the same time deadpan, expression (“Seriously, how does he manage that?” a very confused Woohyun thought, endlessly amused by the display) she had called him a “cutie” and asked for his “digits” so they could have a “fondue” sometime, if he knew what she meant.

 

He didn't. He didn't know at all. If anything, that had been the one most confusing sentence he had heard in all of his life. And as you already know, he had a lot of years behind him.

 

So after muttering an intelligent, “Excuse me?” he had spiraled into the most disturbing few minutes Sunggyu had the displeasure to live through. The girl had started talking about things like “phones” and an “internet” and some kind of “face book” and a “tumbler”.

 

Sunggyu couldn't for the love of God comprehend what was going on.

 

And Woohyun, forever the savior, had told her that he was from the countryside in Tasmania and wouldn't know of these things.

 

She had nodded and said, “I almost thought you were a vampire or something,” and Sunggyu had gone deathly pale, well, pal-er, and the situation seemed to be about to escalate when Woohyun finally dragged him away with a rushed apology.

 

-

 

Sunggyu, Sunggyu, honey, look at me. It's okay, she doesn't know, nobody knows,” the werewolf kept repeating, cupping the redhead's face and talking in a soothing voice. Sunggyu had a hard time not hyperventilating, because he almost got caught, he almost got caught, oh God, nononono, not again, not again.

 

Flashbacks of fire, of screams, of shots in the distance. Of burns on his skin, pain in his bones, a stabbing all over. Red. There was so much red and pain and tears and run. You have to run. Run. Runrunrunrunrun.

Vampire.

You're a vampire.

Monster. Monstermonstermonster.

 

Sunggyu!”

 

Snapping out of his daze, he noticed he was kneeling on the ground, hands clutching dirt so hard his palms were cut open, bleeding red. Woohyun was kneeling in front of him, steadying him by the shoulders, shaking with fear and guilt. Sunggyu wanted to tell him it was okay, everything was fine, just dandy, let's just go home now, but his voice was caught somewhere in his throat and all he could do was stare at Woohyun pitifully.

 

And Woohyun let out a choked, relieved sob and grabbed him by the back of his neck and-

 

His eyes shot open when warm, chapped lips pressed onto his, when frantic fingers ran all over his face, cupping his cheeks, touching his eyebrows, running through his hair, cupping around his ears.

 

Sunggyu was surprised.

 

Sunggyu was more than surprised when his eyes slid shut, when his hands clutched Woohyun's shirt in a death grip and pulled the werewolf impossibly closer, looking for warmth and stability and something to hold on to.

 

He didn't even know where the hell they were, and he strangely didn't care that he was probably humiliating himself in public. Two men on their knees in the middle of a street somewhere, kissing each other breathless.

 

Not the kind of street performance one would be expecting.

 

And then he felt Woohyun pull away, felt the soft puffs of breath on his face, and Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly, meeting eyes b with joy.

 

And then he pushed the other away forcefully, standing up in a hurry, going red from embarrassment and fighting the urge to squeak in an entirely non-manly way.

 

Woohyun just stared at him, wide-eyed, from his position on the ground.

 

What- I- what- why- how- what- why- WHAT?” Sunggyu managed to stutter, hands shaking out of some weird reason (no, not because he was nervous and excited, no, not at all, he objected to that) and Woohyun just kept staring back at him.

 

Until suddenly his jaw tensed, determined, and he got up as ungracefully as Woohyun could manage, which was very ungracefully.

 

Without muttering another word, Sunggyu was grabbed by the back of his head roughly, and yanked into another violent kiss.

 

Which he didn't like at all.

No.

Nope.

 

At. All.

 

Except he did. A lot. Oh, who was he kidding.

 

into the others lips, he threw his arms around that strong neck and buried his hands into dark strands as his lips were forced open by a insistent tongue.

 

Well, all in all, Sunggyu wasn't looking forward to a repetition of that day.

 

Except maybe the kissing part.

 

-

 

No, I'm not coming out again.”

 

But baaabyyy.

 

Don't call me that. It is degrading to my existence.”

 

Woohyun huffed and crossed his arms, once again producing a huge pout.

 

Damn those puppy eyes.

 

Sunggyu smashed the cake they were eating into Woohyun's face.

 

There. No more puppy eyes. Only blatant shock.