1st Request: Comfort; Zikwon

When Authors Lose Their Creativity (Request Dump)

A/N: Sooo, a little not as fluffy as I imagined it to be Zikwon for the cravings of my dear fellow Zunnie, who was the only one actually bothering to read my blog post.

May you be blessed.

 


When the bright lights of the stage came on, it was like a fire was ignited. With the booming bass of the speakers and the passionate performance of the artists, it seemed like the whole stage came to life, an explosion of sick beats and heavy rhythms, the chants of the countless fans only adding to the whole experience.

 

But not only in the front everything was bustling with life. No, the backstage, too, was just like the Wall Street on a busy day; employees running around frantically, frustrated yells of “Where's Ryan?”, “Have you seen Ryan?” and “Dammit, Ryan!” filling the backstage area, everything getting a more dramatic feeling from the low bass that could still be heard, even far away from the stage.

And somewhere in the midst of all that we can find the hip-hap group Block B, currently residing in their sticky dressing room and waiting for their turn to perform.

 

After what seemed like decades spent on hiatus, waiting for the whole controversy issue to fade after it blew up in their faces so tragically, Block B was back, with an even stronger will to do everything right this time around, to bring back their old fans, make a comeback nobody would ever forget, and somehow repay for all of their mistakes.

 

Block B was older, better, faster, stronger.

 

At least, most of them.

 

One special member, who loved dancing more than his own puppy (if he had had one, that is), suddenly left the dressing room. His walk was stiff, face turned down, mouth clenched, eyes open wide, but hooded and unfocused. Little did he know that a set of very fox-like eyes caught up to his sudden leave.

 

D'you guys know what's up with Kwonnie?” the always determined leader suddenly asked, throwing Jaehyo out of his, somehow really pretentious, arpeggios and making Taeil look up from his phone screen.

 

Whaddaya mean? Something wrong with him?” Kyung asked from his seat, not turning around in his chair, which was facing the mirror, but eyes fixing on Jiho's reflection. Jiho caught his gaze, shrugging his shoulders. He wouldn't be asking if he knew, now would he.

 

Why should we know? He's your boyfriend anyway,” Jihoon mumbled disinterestedly, focused on beating his high score on Candy Crush.

 

Dude!” Jiho hissed, “Don't use the b-word when we are quite literally surrounded by people who could end us if they find out!”

 

B-word? Who called who a ?” the manager asked as he walked into the dressing room, eyes set on a clipboard which probably held their performance schedule or something equally business-like. (What they didn't know was that it was actually empty. Let's just say their manager was just as pretentious with his job as Jaehyo was with his singing abilities.)

 

All of the members managed to call a different name each. The manager looked up with one eyebrow quirked, watching how everyone pointed fingers at someone different.

 

Aaaalright. Well, Jiho, I appreciate your cautiousness. But ain't nobody got fired for calling someone else a before...well, at least, if it wasn't in public, that is,” he put on a thoughtful expression, but then quickly shook his head, as if dismissing the matter as fast as possible.

 

I actually came here to tell you that you're on in thirty. Stay prepared,” the members emitted a collective groan which the manager read as acknowledgment of his words. After looking around, he found something missing.

“Where's Yukwon? Guys? Well, whatever, find him before his fans do. Manager out.”

 

Jiho sat rigid until the manager finally had made his exit, breathing a sigh of relief. That had been ing close.

 

Suddenly Minhyuk plopped himself down next to the grey haired leader, throwing an arm over his shoulder.

 

Anyway, back to Kwonnie. I think he's nervous. Or scared. Or both”

 

Jiho turned his attention to the other male, furrowing his eyebrows. Nervous? Scared? Yukwon wasn't nervous or scared, like, ever. The moment he had met Yukwon, the older boy practically oozed this y kind of confidence. But then Yukwon had smiled at him, and everything that had seemed y suddenly had been replaced by something angelic, something that had left the always witty Jiho tongue tied and stuttering a half-assed introduction, too busy concentrating on keeping his tongue from lolling out of his mouth.

 

Anyway, back on topic.

 

You really think so?”

 

Well, either that, or he was overcome by sudden diarrhea.”

 

Dude, eeew, no. That's gross, man, what is wrong with you?”

 

While a possibly grave discussion started breaking out in between s, Jiho got up from his seat on the couch and made his way after Yukwon. There weren't many places he could have gone to, considering that the hallways and rooms were packed with employees and idols equally.

 

He ended up asking a few crew members if they had seen the catlike Block B member, and was sometimes countered by them asking for some guy named Ryan. Anyhow, the dear leader finally found what he was looking for in the deserted ladies bathroom somewhere in the very back.

 

Stepping through the rusty door, he was met by a sight that worried and amused him at the same time. Yukwon was sitting on one of the toilet seats, hands clasped together, staring at them in concentration, eyes never leaving their fixation point. Looking around the unfamiliar environment, Jiho let out a whistle at the clean state the bathroom was in. However, he just couldn't take all the pink. Why all the pink?

 

It's unfair that girls' bathrooms always smell so fresh. I also want to smell flowers while I take a . I'd feel like a ing princess.”

 

Yukwon let out a short laugh, never moving from his spot though. Slowly looking up, he set his eyes on the smirking boy in the doorway while chewing on his lower lip. The other's smirk faded away, and with a heavy sigh he approached the older.

 

Crouching down in front of Yukwon, he put his hands on the other's knees and looked at his face, looked at the furrowed brows, the worried eyes, the clenched jaw, the compressed lips, and more worry filled him.

 

What's wrong, Kwonnie?” he murmured, eyes raking over the other's form, fingers drawing random patterns on his knees, hoping to calm him a little. Those catlike eyes averted themselves and Jiho wanted to draw them back, so that they were only looking at him. But he just kept his hands firm, patiently waiting for an answer.

 

I...I just...It's nothing, don't worry about it. I just need to get my head out of my ,” Yukwon let out a dry chuckle and abruptly got up from his position, hands clenched to fists and face turned away from his leader. As he was trying to walk away, he was stopped by the other's serious voice.

 

Yukwon.”

 

Heaving out a sigh, the boy in question turned around and came face to face with his fellow member, their noses brushing. Surprised by the sudden proximity, he stumbled back a step, only for him to slip on some rogue-went soap and fell onto his near to perfect .

 

At this the leader couldn't hold it in and burst out into a fit of high pitched giggles, making the older one cross his arms and huff in annoyance, jutting out his bottom lip into a pout.

 

Jerk.”

 

I – haha – didn't mean for this to – pft – happen!”

 

Jiho was clutching at his stomach, tears threatening to ruin his make up, and just like that he suddenly also lost his footing and fell face first to the floor. After a short period of silence, both of them burst into guffaws, rolling around on the floor in a ladies bathroom, making people passing by give them weird looks.

 

After a few moments, the laughter slowly subsided, and only light panting could be heard, resonating through the room. Both boys sat up, Jiho ruffling through his hair and propping up his elbows on his knees.

 

So...now that the ice is broken...,” Jiho looked at the older with a questioning look and Yukwon let out a loud groal and sat up, pushing himself off the floor and then helping his leader out.

 

Leaning against the nearest wall with his shoulder, he crossed his arms and took a deep breath. He looked really reluctant, as if he wanted to get something out but his pride wouldn't let him. With a finale shake of the head he finally burst out.

 

Well, I...I just keep having these doubts, y'know? What if I mess up somewhere again? What if people'll keep on hating us, our fans turn their backs on us? What...what if they find out about us? We can't handle another such a blow, Jiho, we just can't. And I...well, I guess I'm afraid...or something...just a little...tiny bit.”

 

Yukwon once again averted his gaze, choosing to look at the pink tiles on the wall instead, counting the bright pink ones and after that the light rose ones.

 

Meanwhile, dear Jiho was quite in a rump, because Jiho just didn't do comforting, he didn't do emotions and feelings and whatever. No, he was all rough edges and witty comebacks and confident raps and b-boy vocabulary. So at that moment Woo Jiho was quite outside of his comfort zone, if he could say that.

 

Like, 20 000 miles outside.

 

Rubbing the back of his head, he pulled one side of his lips back, sharply pulling in air through his teeth, like he always did when he was thinking.

 

Well...those fears aren't irrational. I mean, one slip and we could all go down the drain like lunch from McDonalds after five minutes of getting twirled in a circle, you know?”

 

Yukwon gave him a blank look. After opening and closing his mouth some times, he finally agreed on one exclamation.

 

Wow. You are so horrible at this.”

 

Jiho tried again, “I mean, you don't need to be afraid, because you know, if all this goes to , you could-”

 

And it's getting worse.”

 

I mean, there is still so much ahead of you-”

 

Terrible.

 

Letting out a strangled sound of frustration, Jiho grabbed the unsuspecting dancer by his neck and pulled him into a hard kiss, breaking away after a few seconds. Yukwon looked dazed and more vulnerable, and Jiho just wanted to pull him into another kiss and make that insecurity go away. Instead he put his hands on the other's shoulders and smiled, a warm smile, unlike his other, cheeky smiles.

 

I'll be there for you,” and he meant it, cross his heart and hope to die.

 

Yukwon just stared at him, eyes wide and slightly confused. Suddenly he snapped out of it and before Jiho knew it, he was pushed into one of the stalls and against the wall, lips pressing against his insistently and hands grabbing his shirt almost desperately.

 

Promise me that we're gonna make it,” Yukwon whispered against his mouth, voice unsure and jittery, weak, almost. Jiho was speechless, too distracted by the flush across the other's cheekbones, so he only nodded dumbly, breathing out of control and heavy.

 

Promise,” it was almost a plead.

 

Finding his voice again, Jiho nodded firmly and confirmed, “I promise.”

 

Suddenly Yukwon smiled his billion dollar smile and everything seemed all right again. Jiho felt really accomplished, even though he did next to nothing to achieve that state.

 

You're still horrible at comforting, though.”

 

Before he could protest, a pair of lips was pressed against his firmly, taking away all the thoughts of complaining, leaving his brain to pretty much fight for itself.

 

...guys? I...I don't want to interrupt anything but-”

 

Oh, shut up, Taeil, of course you do! Get your gay asses out of there, we are up in five minutes!” the voice of Minhyuk could be heard throughout the whole room.

 

Jiho threw his head back, letting out a growl of frustration, while Yukwon snickered against his collarbones.

 

Min-, what did I tell you about the usage of the g-word?!”

 

There are a lot of g-words, Ji-Hoe. You have to be more specific with me.”

 

You , you know exactly which-”

 

'We'll definitely be fine,' Yukwon thought as he left the stall, Jiho immediately tackling Minhyuk, just in the moment their manager was asking them what they were doing in the ladies bathroom.