First day of college !

I Need You

“Huang Zitao!” shouted Tao’s mom, who only calls him by his whole name when she’s absolutely furious!

“Mom. How can you expect me to take a break from the group? It’s only been a little over a year! Please just-“ His mother abruptly interrupts him saying, “Please what?” When Tao doesn’t answer she continues, “Please what? Contribute to you ruining your life? No child of mine will not attend college! You’re twenty years old already, Tao. You want me to treat you like an adult meanwhile you won’t act like one and fulfill your duties! You know it was hard for your father and I to let you become an ‘idol’, not attending college is absolutely un-acceptable. You’re going to finish your education! Your father pulled a few strings and got you into the University of Seoul, such a prestigious school.  Many people would love to attend that school, and you are very lucky.” Tao tried to speak again, but once again was intercepted by his mother, “You already missed orientation, so the staff will allow you to get a tour by one of them, or a student. Once you land in Korea you will directly be taken to the school, we already packed your stuff and shipped it there so you don’t have to worry about anything. Understand?”

 

****TWO DAYS LATER:

College? Exo just made our first comeback, how can I leave now? College? When I’m an idol? This is going to be interesting. Everywhere I go people watch, everyone I meet acts fake. Hah, when dad told me to make plenty of friends I almost died of laughter. How am I supposed to find genuine people? I’ve only been on campus for twenty minutes and fifteen girls already approached me.  This is going to be the death of me,Tao thought as he stood in the middle of the college’s administration office. Suddenly a group of five or six staff came up to him and welcomed him into the school.

“Ah, am I going on the tour now?” Tao asked,  trying to hide his curiosity of who will be his caretaker.

“Yes. We picked one of the school’s top students. She should be here shortly.” Said one of the staff.

When Tao heard it was a girl he was unhappy and the look on his face showed it. “Ahh don’t worry, she’s not a crazy fan girl. She’s too bland for that. She’s one of the school’s top students, and during her high school days she scored in the top ten in the whole country.” As the lady talked Tao noticed the others getting nervous as a girl who looked about the same age as Tao approached the group. The girl stood next to the lady talking, listening to every word she was saying, not showing any reaction. The lady didn’t notice the girl’s arrival and continues, “She’s an introvert, you know like one of those boring, snobby, stuck up little rich kids. Well, you get the point, I bet she won’t show any interest in you, I don’t think she shows much interest in anything, it’s like she doesn’t have any emotions. I don’t understand why the rich focus so much on education instead of working up their people skills.”  As she finished her last sentence she noticed the other staff’s nervous expressions, and she followed their eyes and finally saw that the girl she was bad-mouthing was standing right next to her. The lady looked absolutely terrified and didn’t dare say another word. It was quiet until the girl began to speak,

“Hmm. Education is more important than friends. Do friends help you get a good job? Do friends help you make money? Are friends what make the world go round?” When she didn’t receive an answer she continues, “No, friendship isn’t important. It’s actually trivial and nowadays is quite materialistic. Instead of teaching students about things that won’t help them in the real world maybe you should get a hold of reality and teach something useful.”

Tao watched the girl speak. She was pretty, but her face didn’t show much emotion. Once she finished speaking it was dead silent, and finally one of the staff who seemed to be in charge cleared his throat and said, “Zitao, this is Park Hee Sun. Her father owns SungMin, which is the company that provides the school with most of it’s financial support, and she’s the student president of the class of 2011 students and is also the captain of the soccer team. Hee Sun-ah this is Zitao, please help to familiarize him with the school.”

“Okay.” Hee Sun said as she bowed. She then walked out of the office without another word causing some of the staff to scoff at her. Tao was shocked that she didn’t even seem surprised about who he was, that she didn’t try to kiss up to him, and that she seemed to not really care about his mere existence. Although she seemed a bit rude Tao was intrigued by her, her “bland” personality and surprisingly beautiful looks are her best assets. “Tao-ah, you should go before she leaves you behind” said one of the staff, interrupting Tao’s thought. “Ah, neh. Thank you” Tao said before he ran out of the office chasing after this mystery girl.