Trainee Life

Go For It

2000

I remember this day clearly it was the first day at the amazing studio were i would dance since i got there till my feet hurt, or atleast that's what I thought. At the beggining we were taken so serious by the other trainees because of our age we were really little. I was 9 and my sister was 7. We dance for some hours but also helped doing chores, helping other trainees with getting them water or snacks. I guess this was my favorite part litlle by little, day by day while dancing and doing chores i became like family to them. The ones who at first thought what are these babies doing here started showing us new stuff. 

A month has passed and we already had completed a whole coreography. I was thrilled that they could see that we weren't just any other kids but that we were in this to stand one day with them on stage. After we finished practice we started hearing about this new kid on the block who was 13 and was like a rap prodigy, our senior Sean from JinuSean had seen him and was so amazed he ran to tell YG about it andd brought him to the company. He entered with a shy personality but when we were all sat to see him perform we were all awed and in shock a kid so small had written his rap part of a song and rapped like no other rapper we had seen. At that moment everyone knew he was gonna go far, i felt lucky that we werent the only young ones in the company and now we had someone who could understand us. 

I came up to him and introduced myself.

-Hello I'm Ae-rin. What's your name? 

With a shy voice he answered, - Hello my name is Jiyong. 

-Jiyong this is my sister Nana, nice to meet you. 

That day those were the only words we shared. Months later Yongbae joined YG and started training with Jiyong they were training to debut in a duo GDYB but who would've have known they were meant for bigger things. We became close friends and supported each other. When YG told Jiyong he would start practicing on writting his own songs i started to see how it was and enjoyed what he was doing that months later i started writting my own songs. Jiyong looked at them one day and showed them to YG, at that moment we started practicing together writting songs and dancing. We were meant for debut because since both my sister and I were foreigners many people told YG that he couldnt risk it by having non Koreans on an idol group but we were okay with it, we loved dancing and atleast to be on stage that was enough. 

But I guess idol group ideals and YG were something that didn't match.