Stay {since we are here}

Stay [with me]

Chaerin never once thought about how Jiyong seemed weird, first glance. 

This was her style- straight and carefree, not caring about those minute little details, those little bends and curves in truth and living life as loosely tied to something as possible. It was simple to understand her character; simply one of those that would barely care about something as fragile and oh so clingy as feelings. Some called it being 'loose', but honestly, to her it just meant simplicity, living life as she was, as an individual embracing the sparks of life more than the darkness left behind. 

So when such a person falls for someone, she falls really, really hard

It hurt too.

Really, really bad. 


Jiyong, you see, was a complete stranger. Yet another unfamiliar face to add to the list of colleagues in this new, swanky company. 

Swanky. Yes, that's the word. Everything was so polished, so perfect, so beautiful, and so cold. It was weird, in a way, and swanky symbolizes it. 

Anyway, Jiyong was just rather... weird, for the lack of a better word to say it. He kept staring straight in her face with those dark, empty eyes like a robot, and barely stretched a totally fake smile over his taut face to greet her. She got that he was of a higher ranking than her, but that does not allow him to be so blatantly rude. 

"I'm Lee Chaerin. Nice to meet you, Jiyong sshi. I hope we work well together." 

He dismissed her so quickly, dropping her hand like deadweight; no-one could pretend to be neutral after that. 

Later, when the boss was out of earshot, she shot him an icy smile and muttered drily, "I'd stay out of your way". 

She saw him clench a fist over his heart; and tells herself it is just a delusion, a trick of the light. 


The alcohol must be messing with her brain. The rude guy from work, Jiyong, was he really the person standing on stage? 

"The singer with the guitar, he's not too bad." Her words from previously echoed in her brain, choking her efficiently and coming back to bite her in the .

Her friend grinned and nudged her on the shoulder when she was caught staring at him again. "Finally decided if he was your type of fun?" She almost choked on her apple martini, the cold liquid burning . "No!" 

"I see. He's yours." Her friend only tossed her red hair nonchalantly over her shoulder, "he's a little skinny and deep for my plate." Chaerin glared. 

"I'd just like to thank you guys for supporting GD. This will be my last time on this stage. Thank You, and Good Bye." His rough voice sounded over the speakers as the guitar chords faded away and the DJ started mixing songs again to fill in the absense. That's the thing about Club Noir that you could not find in the others, that was what made this place so special; that DJ's don't mix dubstep all the time, and sometimes musicians were invited as regular performers; just like this 'GD' he called himself. 

When he was actually Kwon Ji Yong. 

She snuck out to meet him; whispering "Kwon Ji Yong" into the silent darkness. They were in a narrow street; bricked walls that provided privacy. Thank goodness no-one was making out here. 

"Yes, Dara?... Lee Chaerin." She heard the slight hesistation, and she wonders why. She doesn't know that the musty light from the single street-light makes her eyes sparkle like someone else's did, she doesn't know her lips lined in pink looked so much like somone's lips, and the short skirt and tank top combination looked like something someone used to wear on party nights, too. 

"It is you." It sounds stupid, even in her ears. 

"Why, did you think someone as rude and cold as me couldn't be a musician?" He scoffs, the guitar hanging off his shoulder and his silver bracelets shining softly in the dull light. 

"... Yes." 

Silence. 

"Why did you stop?" she asks, truly curious. He seems like he loved music a lot. 

"I started for someone, and now it's time to let go." The decorated truth. 

"I'm sorry."

"I started for someone, and now it's time to let go, because a cup cannot be refilled if you do not remove its contents." 

"I let go, for you." 

His lips crushed hers in a painful passionate lock, and she didn't refuse.


Is it going too fast? 

Straight and carefree, remember? No feelings. 

And still... 

{dara,dara,dara,dara,dara,dara,dara} 


You go falling down and you can blame no-one but yourself.