Nothing Has Changed

Behind The Scenes

Luhan chuckled, "Well, well, if it isn't none other than Kim Yuri."

Yuri stared in disbelief, not wanting to believe what her eyes were showing her. All of her high school years replaying in her head; the pain, the tears, the hiding... She kept shaking her head, not being able to say anything else. 

"What, didn't you miss me?" he asked with a smirk on his face, opening his arms invitingly. Sarcasm and mockery was written all over him. 

Yuri felt her eyes immediately fill with hot tears after hearing his familiar yet dreadful voice once again. Without another word or sound, she dropped her suit cases and ran out of the dorm, not caring the looks she got from the people she passed. The tears were falling freely at this point and she didn't care enough to stop them or wipe them away.

She ran out of the campus and to a park that wasn't far from there. The park seemed to be deserted as there was no one there. She sat on the park bench and brought her legs up to tuck under her chin, wrapping her arms securely around her legs. At this point she had stopped crying, but she was still sniffling.

Why? Why did he have to come to this University? There are so many more places where he could go and torment someone! she thought, enraged.

She had dealt with him through her whole high school and hoped that University would have been a fresh start. But she was proven terribly wrong. The only thing she could hope for at this point was that he wouldn't be in any of her classes; that he wasn't in the same program as her. 

When high school ended she told herself she would go to a school far away, in a different country, but her brother had motivated and pushed her into coming to the University of Great Arts. With the thought of her brother passing through her head, she could feel the tears coming back. 

"Oppa... I miss you..." she started, talking to nothing in particular. "I don't know how I'll be able to go through this if Luhan's going to the same schoolas me. I wish you were here, oppa... You always know what to say," she said, hoping that somehow it would reach her brother. Although her brother wasn't dead, just in a coma. Doctors always told her that he can hear her when she speaks to him... Though that's when she's right beside him.

She sighed, wondering if she should just quit before things got out of hand. She really didn't want to have to live through another few years of bullying because of Luhan. Then what? She'd try to start her career as a singer and he'll find a way to pop into her life again?

Yuri felt like screaming as she put her head in her hands and shook it furiously. She then heard her cell phone start ringing. It took her a moment to realize that it was indeed her phone ringing. She pulled it out of her pocket and flipped it open.

"Yoboseyo?" she answered.

"Yuri! Are you done unpacking?" the person on the other line asked. She recognized the voice as Suho. 

"Ah, Suho... No, I didn't quite get the chance to do so yet," she said, the scene that had happened only minutes ago still fresh in her mind.

"Yuri..." his voice became serious, "Are you crying?"

Her eyes widened in surprise, wondering how he could have possibly figured it out. 

"A-Ani, just a little tired from the day is all," she tried saying reassuringly, but even she heard her voice waver.

Suddenly she heard him hang up and all she heard was the dialer tone. She pulled her phone back and stared at it in surprise, not having expected that whatso ever. Had she made him mad somehow?

Yuri felt another presence beside her on the bench and looked to the side to see who had sat beside her. She was even more surprised to see Suho right in front of her. 

"Suho?" she asked.

He chuckled, "No, it's the Grim Reaper," he said jokingly and scooched closer to her. 

"Why have you been crying?" he asked, worry written on his face.

"How did you find me?" she asked, avoiding his question.

"Tch, fine be that way," he said with a small smile on his face, "I was coming back from the restaurant with the guys and we were passing by here. I saw you sitting here and realized you didn't call me to say that you were done 'cause we were supoosed to hang out later, remember? So I called you so I could say I caught you red handed, but then I saw that your eyes were red and puffy..." he let his sentence trail off as he stared at her intently. 

Yuri pursed her lips, looking down at the ground, feeling bad that she had lied to him. She finally it up and decided to tell him what happened. He knew all about what happened in high school, being the one that had always been there to console her and to tell her that everything would be okay. When she was done explaining, she saw that Suho's jaw was clenched and his hands were balled into fists. 

"So he goes to this school?" he asked, more out of disbelief than confirmation. Yuri nodded.

"And his girlfriend is my roommate," she said, feeling her heart drop at the declaration. The fact that her roommate was Luhan's girlfriend meant that she would see him no matter if he was in the same program as her or not. 

Suho put a consoling arm around her shoulders and rubbed it reassuringly. 

"If he does anything, Yuri, don't be afraid to take a stand. And if you don't think you can do it, tell me... I'll take care of it," he said darkly, being very protective of his best friend. 

Yuri gave him a small thankful smile, happy that she had someone like Suho around. Finally she got up, shaking off her problems for the time being.

"It's almost time for the opening ceremony, we have to get back," she declared. "And I have to go and unpack before going."

Suho nodded and got up with her. They started walking to their dorms and went seperate ways, saying they'd meet up later on. Yuri went upstairs to her room and took out her card key. She unlocked it and knocked this time, afraid that Luhan wasn't gone yet.

"It's fine, you can come in," an angry voice said on the other side of the door. 

Yuri pushed it open and saw her roommate sitting on her bed with a glare on her face. Yuri gave a slight bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name's Kim Yuri," she introduced herself.

"I don't care who you are, but one thing I want you to know is that I don't want a repeat of what just happened today," she said, still glaring at Yuri with her arms crossed over her chest.

Yuri was taken aback, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," she said snarkily, "When I'm with my boyfriend, I don't like being interrupted."

Yuri had no idea how to react, none the less what to say, in this situation. 

"Umm... I'm sorry?" she said, making it sound more like a question. 

The girl sighed and stormed out of the room, thinking she had made her point. Yuri shrugged, deciding she'd deal with this later. She started unpacking her stuff and once she was done, she headed for the opening ceremony. She found her way to the auditorium without too much trouble. When she walked in she spotted Suho somewhere close to the front. She went to join him. 

When she sat down beside him she saw that he was talking to someone else. He turned around to greet her. 

"Hey Yuri! Let me introduce you to my friend," he said, gesturing to the guy he had been talking to. 

"Hi, my name's Chen," the guy said with a smile. Yuri couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. She gave a polite smile and introduced herself as well. 

"So was Luhan there when you went back to your room?" Suho asked, curious.

She shook her head, "No, but his girlfriend, who I still don't know the name of, got mad at me because I had interrupted them," she told him. 

Suho rolled his eyes, "Her name's Park Eunji, I wouldn't worry about her, trust me. She's all talk and that's about it. She went to our high school too and she had been trying to get Luhan for like three years... Now that she does have him, she's being extra y," he said, making Yuri laugh. His friend did so too.

"Yeah, I don't think they will last long though," Chen added.

Yuri felt better now, what with the joking atmosphere and everything. It was all going well until she felt something hit the back of her head. She whipped her head back to see what had hit her. She saw a paper scrunched up into a ball on the floor, and diagonally across was Luhan wiggling his fingers at her with a smirk on his face, his other arm around Eunji's shoulders.

She turned around, sighing.

"When is this ceremony starting?" she asked, knowing that this ceremony would be hell with Luhan behind her. 

"Hello new comers!" said a man with short, dark brown hair with a mic headset. 

"Now," Suho said smugly, answering her question. She rolled her eyes and nudged his side with her elbow. 

"My name is Kris and I will be the master of this ceremony today!" he declared. "First let me start by saying congratulations and welcome to the University of Great Arts!" 

Everyone cheered loudly.

"Second, let me talk about rules. We don't tolerate slackers. If you miss more than five classes, you are automatically expelled. Also, as for the dorm rules, no girls in the guys dorm, and vice versa, during school hours. You should all be in class anyway," he said, making everyone chuckle.

"Third, I'll let you guys know how things work around here during the school year. As you all know, this program is to exercise your vocals and for you to figure out to what extent you can go. So here at the University of Great Arts we think the only way for you to figure that out, especially during your first year, is to work on one big project that will be your big final test at the end of the year. But doing it alone would just be too easy! So we have already paired you with someone in this room who will be your partner for the whole year! You'll have to create a duet together and perform it at the end of the year!"

More cheers were heard throughout the crowd. Yuri smiled, thinking that this could be fun. It would be fun to be paired up with Suho.

"This is a chance for you guys to make new friends and see how well you work with others. But don't think this is all you have to do. You still have classes and tests like any other school," Kris said jokingly, where a series of 'awww's were heard.

Kris laughed, "Alright, well I have the list right here with me. So how this is gonna go is that I call the two names, you get up see who you are, and then you are free to leave. Either with your partner or not, I don't care, but I suggest it to be a good idea to start your brainstorming... This year is going to past faster than you think!" He said before taking out a paper from his back pocket. 

He started calling out names, people getting up, looking at their partner and then leaving with them. Reactions always differed; either happy, weary, some were blushing, some surprised... 

"Kim Joon Myun," Yuri recognized Suho's real name as he stood up, awaiting who would be his partner. "Paired with Park Eunji," Kris said.

Yuri saw Suho's eyes widened in surprise or horror, she wasn't sure. He looked back at his partner, who had a small smile on her face, looking innocent. Yuri was extremely confused as this did not look anything like the Eunji that she had met in her room an hour ago. Suho walked out of his seat and made his way outside with Eunji.

Kris kept on calling names; Chen was paired up with this guy called Lay, a guy paired up with a girl, a girl paired with another girl... Yuri was anticipating her name as more and more people left the auditorium.

"Kim Yuri," she stood up, an anticipating smile on her face, "Paired up with Nai Luhan."

Her face immediately dropped as she heard the name. 

Out of all the people... Out of this whole program... I am paired up with him, she thought in horror. She turned her head to look at Luhan who was smiling innocently at her, obviously putting on a facade for everyone who was staring at the two. 

Yuri took a deep breath and started making her way out of the door, Luhan joining her as she passed by. 

"Well, I don't know about you, but I am quite excited to be working together for the whole year." He put emphasis on the word 'whole'. 

Yuri started feeling a little dizzy. She just wanted to run out of the auditorium and hide... possibly until the end of the year. She sighed inwardly, knowing that her idea was very unrealistic. 

They walked outside in complete silence.

"So I guess you can come by my place so we can do the brainstorming Mister Kris talked about," Luhan said, seeming completely unphased by this situation. 

Yuri stared at him carefully, slowly nodding, not sure if accepting was a bad idea or not. He lead her to his dorm room and they walked in. Yuri saw another guy sitting on the second bed on his laptop, doing some kind of work.

"Aren't you supposed to be brainsotrming with your partner?" Luhan said as he plopped down on his bed, looking over at his roommate. 

The guy nodded, "Yeah, but we decided that we'll just do it tomorrow during lunch or something," he said, his eyes never leaving his laptop as he typed. Finally he looked up to see Yuri.

"I'm guessing this is your partner?" he asked, giving her a smile. She nodded and slightly bowed. 

"Ne, my name is Kim Yuri. It's nice to meet you," she said. 

"Hi, I'm Xiumin," he introduced himself before going back to his work. 

There was an awkward silence that settled in the room as no one really moved. Xiumin lifted his head and looked back and forth from Luhan to Yuri.

"I'm guessing you're trying to hint for me to leave?" he said with an amused smirk on his face. He closed his laptop and got up, heading for the door.

"See you later, Luhan," he said before going out.

Luhan just gave a nod of his head and waited for the door to be closed before he actually started talking. 

"So I got the misfortune to be paired up with you," he started, "But I don't plan on getting a bad grade just because I have a bad partner, so... Any ideas?"

Yuri's jaw clenched, anger already filling up inside of her. 

Just deal with it for the time being, Yuri... she reassured herself mentally. Maybe he won't be too bad.

She cleared , "Well, umm, I thought that maybe we could start by thinking what genre we'll be singing," she suggested.

Luhan laid back on his bed and put his hands behind his head, "I don't care, I can sing which ever... It all depends on you," he said, looking at her.

She sighed, "Well, what would you rather sing? Are you good with a slow ballad?" she asked, trying not to snap.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Okay, now what exactly do we sing about?" she asked, staring at him expectantly. Of course, the usual for a boy and girl duet is romance, but she didn't know if she could bring herself to say it, let alone do it in front of a crowd. Already with her stage fright and all.

Luhan smirked at her, "Were you hoping to sing a love song with me, Yuri?" he asked smugly, almost like he had been reading her mind. Yuri's eyes widened is surprise.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said with a chuckle. 

"Yah! Don't flatter yourself!" she snapped at him, surprised by her demeanor. 

"What? Don't act like that wasn't what you were thinking about. We all know you had a crush on me in high school, and I'll bet anything that you still do," he said while pulling himself up to sit on his bed, staring at her with mockery in his eyes.

Once again, she felt hot tears building behind her eyes.

He hasn't changed one bit. She walked out of his room and slammed the door closed, making her way quickly back to her room. 

He's never going to change. She said to herself as she walked into her own room and laid down in her bed. She just wanted to sleep off this whole nightmare. Yuri closed her eyes, feeling sleep engulf her. Until she was abruptly woken up by someone shaking her bed roughly. 

Yuri opened her eyes to meet eye to eye with Eunji. 

"So I hear you're paired up with my boyfriend," she said, crossing her arms and staring down at her. Yuri nodded, not wanting to deal with this right now.

"Yes, but nothing will happen between us, Eunji," she said tiredly.

"It better not. If I hear even one little thing that you tried something on him I swear... I'll make the rest of your years here a living hell," she said, walking back to her own bed and getting under the covers. 

Yuri eyes were wide in fear.

Did she just threaten me?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HI everyone~! So here is chaper 2! Hope you guys like it so far :) I'm always open for constructive criticism or just a little review is fine. 

Let me know what you all think! Talk to you later!