There's an Old P-Man and Love.

Between Braided Hair and Big ies,

a/n: hellooou! sorry for the reAAAAAAally loNGGGg update >/\<

i decided to combine the previous chapters here, there are some edit and changes so you better read from the start again ^^;;;

well you might forget the story anw…..so

sorry for the inconvenience ;A; i wrote this story bcs of jongins braided hair in wolf era and i wanted to do a chiby!kailu i didn't think it would be this long lol look at what i've done.....

anw don’t forget to leave some comments! :3

thank you <3

p.s: you can bash me on my twitter @fluffyns LOL

p.p.s: theres gonna be a short sequel! huehehe~

warning: 11090 words of fluffy s that make you cringe

---

 

“Stop iiiitt!” Jongin whines and pushes Luhan’s shoulder, eyebrows furrowing and lips pouting. Luhan giggles and keeps on pulling poor little Jongin’s braids, sometimes poking her plump lips, which Jongin will slap Luhan’s little naughty hand away like a disturbing fly.

“Stop pulling at my perfect braided hair!” the five year old girl glares at the eight year old boy, “Mommy worked hard for it! Go awaaaay!” she pushes Luhan’s taller figure further.

Luhan, being a Chinese boy he is who can’t understand a single of Jongin’s words (though he can figures out that Jongin doesn’t like what he is doing to her), just stands there and giggles even more.

His family just moved in to the neighborhood last week, right next to the Kim’s, and he’s been disturbing Jongin’s life ever since. Starting from saying that ‘Kim Jongin’ sounds so macho for a girl’s name, to teasing her sun-kissed skin. Though Jongin just frowns because she can’t understand a single of Luhan’s words.

 

Unfortunately for Jongin, Luhan gets in to the elementary next to her playgroup; which is an international school. He is in the third grade while Jongin is in the second year of playgroup; class Baby Bear. Luhan always play in the playgroup’s playground during recess time to play (including teasing, pulling her hair and skirt) with Jongin. Though he is nice too, sharing lunch with Jongin under the shade because he knows that Jongin loves his mother’s fried chicken while he loves her mother’s kimchi fried rice. Then they will walk home together; hand in hand (though Jongin keeps struggling out of his grip but to no success). Their mothers will go ‘Aww look at them being so sweet and adorable~’ and pull them inside the house to change clothes before giving them afternoon snacks in the Kim’s back garden.

“What is this? Is it tasty? Let me try too!” Luhan asks in Chinese before grabbing Jongin’s snacks and put them in his mouth.

“Hey, that’s mineeee” Jongin frowns, “Mommyyyy!!! Luhan steals my fooood!!” she whines.

Her mother just scolds her to be nice and share her food with Luhan oppa.

Oh, just a typical afternoon scene in the neighborhood.

 

It is a dinner between the two families at the Lu’s house. Mrs.Kim puts Jongin in a simple red balloon dress, her hair pulled up into two cute buns on each side and her bangs framed her chubby face just right. The Kim and the Lu are quite close since the first meeting, and they are more than happy to see their kids playing together despite the language barrier.

“Mommy, mommyyyy!” Jongin whines and clutches onto her mother who is in the kitchen, cleaning dishes with Mrs.Lu.

“Yes, sweety?” she smiles, looking down at her daughter and wipes dry her hands.

“Luhan keeps pulling my dress and he broke my ribbon” Jongin pouts, showing her untied ribbon at the back of her dress.

Mrs.Kim just chuckles and gets on her knees to tie the ribbon back, “It’s not broken, sweety. See? Mommy fixed it for you” she pinches her cheek and kisses the tip of her nose, “Now, what did I tell you to call Luhan, hmm?”

Jongin poutes even more at her mother’s words before giving an answer in a small girly voice, “…oppa” she sulks and her mother just chuckles at how cute her daughter is.

“Good girl, he’s older than you so you have to show some respect by calling him oppa, okay?” she pats Jongin’s head lovingly, and the little girl just nods in defeat before she runs back to the living room, where Luhan and the dads are at.

Luhan’s mother who is watching the little interaction between them while arranging the plates into the cupboard just smiles. “Jonginnie is such a sweet girl, isn’t she, Soo?” she asks in broken Korean and chuckles, “I’m sorry Luhan bugs her a lot”

Mrs.Kim swings her hand, “It’s okay, Xing. Luhannie must like her a lot then” she squeals in delight.

“He does!” Mrs.Lu holds the others hands in excitement, “We should get them married someday!”

And the two mothers start to talk about how their child’s wedding will be like.

 

Two years later, Luhan has somehow mastered Korean language, though his accent is still thick with wrong pronounciations here and there and he can’t write hangul properly (okay scratch that, he hasn’t mastered it, yet), heck even his Chinese writing is sloppy, but still he is proud of himself that he can finally make a conversation with other people, especially with Jongin. The little girl wishes he wouldn’t learn her mother tongue though, because she now understands what Luhan says about her hair, skin, nose, lips, clothes, well basically her everything.

Her mother applies Jongin to Luhan’s school, so she speaks the basic of Luhan’s tongue now, since 50% of the students there are from where Luhan came from, and she has Mandarin class once a week.

 

The both of them grow up by bickering at each other, unimportant arguments like Krong is better than Pororo or how Jongin occasionally cries when her precious Chelsea is lost by Luhan’s blazing Manchester.

“I don’t care! Torres oppa is still handsome and amazing, I love him!” Jongin hits Luhan with her Krong plushie.

Face does not include in a football game, it’s all about skills and strategy!”

And their fathers just sit there and laugh, sometimes even recording it for good memory’s sake, or to tease them in the future.

 

It is another seven years for Kim Jongin to grow up both physically and mentally. Her s are uncomfortable, she thinks, because they are a bit too big for a girl around her age and she hates bras, they hurt. And of course, Luhan is there to mock her s. He himself has grown to a handsome and smart teenager, who has all girls head over heels for him. Lots of girl is envious of Jongin, for knowing and living with Luhan for such a long time. Jongin just shrugs, almost ten years she has shared with Luhan passed in a blink she doesn’t even realize it. 

‘What’s so lucky growing up with an annoying Luhan?’ Jongin thinks.

But she silently admits that Luhan is actually charming, and that thought makes her wanting to puke on his almost flawless face. It would be real flawless if not because of Jongin.

Jongin always feel guilt bubbling in her stomach everytime she glances at Luhan’s lower lip. There is a visible scar, a scar that is formed because of her. It was last year, when Luhan had touched Jongin’s growing s and Jongin had chased him and pushed him from the back, making Luhan fell forward and had his lower lip knocked onto an edge of a stair, glad he didn’t lose any teeth. He was bleeding and Jongin cried so hard at the terrifying sight. But still, it was his fault for touching her s in the first place. Jongin huffs in annoyance at the memory, slightly blaming Luhan for her uncomfortable big s.

 

“Jonginaaa, come on! What took you so long?” Taemin’s voice disconnects her train of thoughts and she closes her locker, walking out of the changing room as she takes a last glance on the mirror. “Coming!”

It is their first day of summer vacation and they have decided to cool themselves in the pool. Jongin is wearing a cute vintage flower printed swimsuit in baby blue, revealing her flawless back, Taemin chose the white with colorful dots one. Jongin has her brunette hair tied into a bun while Taemin has her blonde hair braided to her left shoulder. Never again Jongin wants to braid her hair because she knows Luhan will not stop tugging it until she’s gone bald.

Jongin and Taemin have been best friends since the beginning of 7th grade, both are popular for being pretty and the best ballerinas in their school. People sometimes mistake them as twins because of their similar features and how they always stick to each other.

Taemin pouts when Jongin finally joins her, taking a seat on the bleacher at the side of the pool to apply sunblock.

“What?” Jongin looks at her as she snatches the sunblock from Taemin’s grip. “Why are my s not big like yours” she whines, “What’s your secret, Kim Jongin, tell me” Jongin lets out an annoyed sigh, because this is like the billionth times already she asked that ridiculous question.

“I told you--”

“Her secret of having big s is me” out of nowhere, Luhan creeps up from behind them and slung his arms around the two girls’ shoulders casually with a wide grin.

“Lu Han!” Jongin slightly blushes and she slaps his hand away from her shoulder while the said boy chuckled, “That’s oppa for you, Jongina~” he says in a playful tone.

“Is that true?” Taemin asks with curious eyes.

“What is” Jongin asks back as she applies the sunblock on her legs and thighs.

“Yes! I have magic hands that can grow s!” Luhan jumps and sits between the girls.

“Really? Touch mine then!” Taemin chirps happily.

Jongin chokes on air, accidentally squirts too much sunblock on her arm and looks at Taemin in disbelieve.

“Can’t do” Luhan flashes a peace sign, “Why don’t you ask my junior from the soccer club over there” he waves his hand toward his friend and yells, “Yah, Choi Minho!” then he ushers Taemin to the pool to talk to him.

I swear, if you and your stupid soccer friends do anything bad to her, I--” Luhan ignores the nag from Jongin and grabs her arm instead, thoroughly spreading the sunblock on her arm.

“Yah don’t touch me” she glares but is making no attempt to move as Luhan squirts the sunblock on her other arm.

“We bathed together so many times already why are you--ack!!” she stomps on Luhan’s foot. “Yah! What was that for?!” Jongin just stucks her tongue out at him.

“Turn back” Luhan sighs as he spins her shoulder around, applying some sunblock on her half-. “Why are you wearing this kind of swimsuit” he scoffs.

Jongin peeks from her shoulder, “Taeminnie bought it for me” she pouts. Luhan sighs again, knowing well how Jongin can’t say no especially to her best friend. And she looks so cute pouting like that.

“Done” he says briefly, closing the sunblock’s lid with a click and Jongin hums a thanks.

 

So, Jongin and Taemin are being silly; having a swimming race, dog style, but the two are just too pretty to be laughed at by the people at the pool. Only Luhan who laughs with wide mouth, looking like a retarded that he is (according to Jongin) and ruffles her wet bangs, “Good job, puppy!” he says when she wins the race. Taemin sulks and splashes water at Jongin’s face for beating her.

The silly race makes her thirsty so Jongin climbs up the pool, (while Taemin chills around with Minho at the side of the pool; giggling and blushing here and there like a fourteen years old girl in puppy love she is) and goes to the bar stand selling soda, juice, and bubble tea.

“Here” a pale guy around her age hands her a cup of bubble tea, “Taro flavored” he says with a nice smile. Jongin looks at him, eyebrows upwards, “Tastes good, and I didn’t poison it, I promise” he lightly laughs and nudges the drink onto her hand. Jongin cracks a small smile as she reaches her hand out hesitantly, but drinks the taro bubble tea in the end anyway and hums pleasantly.

“Never tried it before but it’s good” she beams, “Thanks”

The guy breaks into a grin, showing those perfect teeth and his eyes are shaped into pretty little moon in halves, making Jongin a bit dizzy and his voice is so rough and heavy, so different from Luhan’s soft one (if it was Luhan she would think ‘gross’ because his eyes crinkle too much when he smiles he’d look like a creepy erted old man and there’s probably gonna be remains of samgyupsal between his teeth and gums and his silly bubble pink hair makes him more stupid than he already is).

His hair is ash grey and it fits really well with his skin tone. Obviously taller than her (and Luhan), sharp collarbones, and broad shoulders, with a hint of forming abs. Very nice. And oh, what a nice package he has there in the swimming trunk, Luhan has nothing like that.  And no, Kim Jongin did not just check the guy out.

‘Wait a minute. Why do I keep comparing him to Luhan. Ew, that Chinese old man! Shoo shoo!’

“Told ya, and your welcome” he offers her his right hand to shake, “Sehun” he says as Jongin takes his hand, “Oh Sehun” she nods and replies, “Kim Jongin”

Sehun hums, “Pretty name you have” and Jongin has to hide her growing smile by slurping the bubble tea. “And you’re a good swimmer too”

Jongin laughs shyly, actually almost choking to death on the bubbles because damn this freaking hot guy just saw her swimming like a golden retriever on discovery channel. She tries hard to chew and swallow properly and maybe successes without looking like she’s been strangle by bubbles monster because the next thing she feels is Sehun’s fingers fixing her damped bangs and he mutters, “You’re cute” that second Jongin wants to squeal and jumps on light tippy toes just like the pretty little ballerina she is.

‘He just touched my bangs asdfghjkl and he said I’m cuteghjgfdshgs’

 Luckily, she manages to hold it down and not to embarrass herself in front of him. Her cheeks do turn rosy as she no longer able to control her wide smile, though. It hurts. But good hurt.

“Jongina~” Luhan sings and envelops her not-dry-yet body with a towel out of nowhere.

Oh of course there is always a Luhan who would bark in and interfere, unfortunately.

”What did I tell you about taking things from a stranger?” he emphasizes on the last word, arms circling protectively around her hips as he his head towards Sehun, his crinkled smile is screaming sarcasm.

Sehun immediately bows and apologizes to Luhan for being rude (which Jongin denies because “He was just being nice! You are the rude one!”), then introduce himself again, saying that he only wanted to be friends while having his lovely summer holiday in his hometown.

Turns out Sehun just comes back to South Korea yesterday from the United States after almost three years living there for studying. Jongin’s face shows amazement when Sehun says that, while Luhan is being Luhan; he snorts and rolls his eyes, “What’s so good about living in the United States? I was born in Beijing and had lived there for 8 years before moving here. And my Korean is perfect you couldn’t even tell I’m Chinese!”

Jongin steps on his foot, hard, and Luhan yelps like a dolphin giving birth to its first child.

 

Another year has passed since Jongin met Sehun. Unfortunately, Sehun must go back to the States to continue his study. They keep in touch though, chatting or texting daily and skype-ing every weekends. Luhan still dislikes him, because Jongin is still (kind of) having a crush on Sehun. While in fact, she’s just happy to have a cool and handsome friend like Sehun, because all her life it has always been the annoying stupid Luhan. Oh Sehun is like her refreshment.

“My life ” Jongin groans to her laptop screen that shows Sehun’s face.

“Really? Your life even if you have me in it?” he fakes a pout and Jongin stucks her tongue out which make Sehun chuckles, “It won’t be that bad to live with him, Jongie~ I mean, you have practically lived with him since you were five!” he spreads his five fingers in front of the webcam, blocking his entire face.

“But it will be just the two of us! I even have to separate with Taemin! Can you imagine how horrible it would be?!” she buries her face onto her giant bear plush.

Luhan is going to some famous university in town and their parents have decided to apply Jongin into an all girls academy near his university, so they are going to have to move into a new apartment closer to their schools. Her father was against it at first because “No! I will not let go of my little princess!” despite being separated by only a one hour away drive, two hours if there was a traffic jam for no reason which is the most ridiculous thing that happens in all big cities. But her mother makes him agreed with wide eyes and a seductive tone of “Junmyeon oppa~” and Jongin tried her best not to gag at the hint of her parents’ life.

“I’m sure Luhan will take care of you” he smiles, “You will be fine, Jongie~! Just call me anytime if something happens, okay?”

Jongin just sighs and buries her pouting face deeper in to the poor bear plush, begging silently to God for her to survive His test. After all, God will not give her a test out of her limit, right?

 

"Mom, pleaaasee" Jongin whines, hugging her bedroom's door to dear life, "I don't want to gooo!! Nooooo!!"

Her mother glares and tries to pull her hands away from the door, "Kim Jongin, we talked about this, come on, I don't want to hear any more of your whines. You are going to live with Luhan and go to Seoul Girls' High School, sweetheart"

Mrs.Kim finally manages to drag her daughter downstairs and into the car, but that doesn't stop Jongin from voicing out many (stupid) reasons of why she shouldn't go. One of it goes like, "What if I turned into a lesbian?!" and she gets a smack on the head by her mother, "Luhan alone is enough to prevent that! Now stop talking or I will have to put socks into your mouth, young woman!" Jongin wants to retort back with how Luhan is actually gay, ‘I mean, look at his pink hair! And have you ever seen him with his so-called soccer buddies? Especially when he’s with Minseok oppa, I swear they radiate gay aura all over the place!’ but the mention of socks keeps shut tight. Those terrible terrible socks. She shudders visibly as she lays back on the car seat and hugs her giant bear plush with a pout. Her father peeks from the rearview mirror with a sorry look.

 

"See, Jonginnie~" his father cooes, trying to cheer her up, "I got your room painted pastels, I even got you a walk-in closet full of new clothes!" he smiles and hugs her daughter from behind. Jongin sighs, at least her father is kind.

"Thank you, Dad" she smiles and hugs him.

"You’re welcome, my little princess" he ruffles her hair softly.

They clean and arrange more things in the apartment before having snacks; apple pie and iced tea. The Lu hasn't arrived yet because Luhan has things to take care of in his university first, taking his schedules, student card and varsity maybe. Jongin doesn't care.

She snaps pictures of the apartment, including her new bedroom and closet, sending them to Sehun and Taemin to boast off and have them reply with enviousness and hearts that makes Jongin giggles.

"Are you texting with Luhan?" her mother asks, wide eyes judging from across the round table. Jongin pauses and looks up with a frown, "No, I'm not"

"It's that American kid, isn't it?" Jongin's frown gets deeper at that, "Sehun is Korean, Mom, and I’m texting with Taemin too"

"Whatever, stop texting with him, international fee is expensive" she wipes with a tissue, "Besides, I don't like him. Why don't you give Luhan a call, sweetie, ask him when will he be here and what he wants for dinner"

"What a mood breaker" Jongin mumbles as she angrily taps 'call' under the name of Old P-Man (P stands for erted, ohh Jongin loves how genius she is in saving Luhan's number with that perfect name. Luhan once changed it to Charming Oppa and Jongin blocked his number for a week after renaming it back).

 

The two families end up having dinner at an Italian restaurant, because Luhan is craving for some lasagna.

"Are you pregnant" Jongin mocks.

"Only if you are the father, Jongina~" Luhan grins.

Let's just say Luhan almost split his head in two if Jongin's parents didn't hold their daughter from grabbing a wooden chair.

Jongin hates how her own parents didn’t even ask what she wants for dinner. She is craving for a good spicy udon with tempuras. She can only whimpers at the thought and eats her spaghetti carbonara with a pout.

“What’s wrong? Is it not good?” Luhan asks, wiping some cream sauce on the corner of Jongin’s lips with a napkin. The mothers who see the sweet gesture hold their squeals by crushing their (poor) husband’s hand.

Jongin shakes her head, “It’s okay, just not in the mood for Italian food”

Luhan hums, “What do you want to eat? Oppa will take you out for lunch tomorrow” he smiles.

Jongin whines ‘udooon’ and Luhan chuckles, “Udon it is. Now finish your spaghetti, okay?” he pats her bangs gently.

“It’s a date!” their mothers shout at the same time.

Jongin has no time to deny it, too busy smiling and imagining the delicious udon and tempuras as she finishes her meal happily.

 

The weekend passes in a blink and it is Monday already, Jongin's first day of high school. She stands in front of the mirror; combing her long dark brown hair then tying the big red tartan ribbon around her shirt's collar which matches the skirt, thank God the black winter stocking protects her legs from the biting air. She puts on the broken white vest and blazer then stares at her reflection and sighs before taking her phone to snap a picture of her own reflection with a pout and a peace sign. Sehun said he wants to see her in the new uniform so she sends the picture with a caption “I look like a xmas present with the ridiculous ribbon tie :(“ then grabs her backpack from the desk and slings it on one shoulder.

Her phone beeps signaling a text message, 'that's fast, isn't he supposed to be sleeping at this time?' she gives up trying to count the time difference and just shrugs, sliding a thumb on the phone screen to read Sehun's reply.

 

From: Oooh Sehun~

you look lovely! i wouldn't mind to have you as my xmas present ;D

jongie fighting!! <3

 

Okay maybe the uniform is not that bad, she likes the skirt after all.

Then there is this number one mood breaker, "Good morning, Jongina~ I made your favorite ham and cheese pancakes for breakfast~!" Luhan bursts into her room with a big (stupid) smile on his face. "Aww my Jongina looks so pretty in her new uniforms!" he strides closer and combs her fringe with his fingers.

"Don't you know how to knock, what if I was changing?!" she slaps the hand away and huffs.

"But we bathed so many times-"

"Will you ever stop mentioning that!" she hits him on the torso with her backpack and stomps out of the room to the kitchen.

Jongin swears the only good thing about Luhan is his pancakes.

"Jongina your hair is all over your face, how could you eat like that you big baby~" Luhan chuckles as he walks into the kitchen, "Here, let me..." he pins both sides of Jongin's hair with little Mickey Mouse hairpins.

Jongin swallows the chewed chunks of pancake down and pauses from stuffing another into to take a look at her reflection from her phone screen, 'another hair accessory' she thinks. She doesn't understand why Luhan really likes giving her these things, there are two drawers in her room full of ribbons, bands, pins, every hair accessories you could and couldn't name, all from Luhan.

"Thank you, oppa" she smiles and goes back devouring the delicious pancakes.

Luhan can't help but lean down and peck her on the cheek (because Jongin only calls him ‘oppa’ when she truly means her words, or when she’s asking for something) before sitting down on the chair next to her right. He grins when Jongin only kicks his calf under the table, at least it doesn't make him cringe and clutch his leg in pain (excuse you, a ballerina's kick can be as dreadful as Captain Tsubasa's flying kick).

 

So far, high school is good. A nice sunbae named Park Yeola, who is the student council’s secretary, shows her around school and helps her with the schedules (it is not necessary actually, Jongin is not the only new student but Yeola sunbae reasons that since Jongin is new in the city so she should help her adapting to the new environment).

Jongin is thankful but she feels a bit uncomfortable with her because she keeps grinning like a maniac while staring at her s, she is so tall and her eyes are round and big. She gives off that creepy feeling. That’s why Jongin, as polite as possible, rejects her offer to have lunch together.

Aside from that, Jongin is pretty okay with the school, she even makes a new friend with a Chinese girl named Huang Taozi who is in the same class as her. Jongin feels comfortable with her because she’s shy and nice despite the amount of pierce on her ears and scary panda eyes. Even better, her s are about the same size as Jongin’s. It’s nice to be friend with someone else who carries two heavy melons on their chest too, you know.

Jongin learns that Taozi starts living in Seoul just last year, (her Korean is not that good but Jongin gleefully helps her) and she masters some martial arts called wushu. “Wow that’s so cool! You should teach me sometimes!” Jongin says excitedly, which Taozi replies with a thumb and a shy giggle.

 

The both of them walk out from the class, heading to the school’s gate where Luhan is already there; leaning on his black Audi, hands tucked in his pockets, receiving loving stares from all the girls. He waves when he spots Jongin, “Jonginaaaa!”

The said girl groans and face-palms, feeling embarrassed. “What are you doing here” she hisses, not wanting to attract any more attention than it already is.

“Of course I’m here to pick you up!” he smiles.

“I told you I can go home by myself, you don’t have to pick me up” she huffs, “I could take the bus, it’s only fifteen minutes away”

Luhan frowns, “But we went together so we should go back together too, and there’s no way I’m letting you go home by yourself! What if some bad guy follows you?!” he hugs her tightly, scared of his own thoughts.

“Fine, fine! Just, don’t hug me!” she pushes him and glares.

“Oh you made a new friend I see!” he glances at Taozi who stands behind Jongin, “Hello! Nice to meet you, I’m Lu Han, Jongin’s fiancée!” he shakes her hand.

“You wanna die?!” Jongin kicks his back thigh and Luhan cries in pain.

Taozi laughs at the scene before bowing and introduces herself as Jongin’s classmate, then she bids goodbye when she spots her chauffeur. “See you tomorrow Jongin-ah!” she waves and goes in to the car before it drives off.

Luhan opens the car door for Jongin, “Let’s go” Jongin hums, entering the car.

Oppa, can we stop by for a while, please?” Jongin says after Luhan drives away from the school, “I saw a shop around the apartment block this morning, I want to check it out” Luhan nods right away with a grin and pinches her cheek, happy to hear her calling him ‘oppa’ twice today.

 

The door’s bells jingle when Jongin pushes it open, nodding with a small smile when a staff greets her politely. Luhan is waiting in the car, Jongin insists, because she won’t be long. He nods in defeat when Jongin calls him ‘oppa’ for the third time today.

Jongin wanders around the shop, it’s a small shop selling little things like phone straps and key chains, stationary, and handmade wallets. She wants to buy a gift for Taozi, it’s just in her personality to buy something for a new close friend (she bought Taemin a pencil case when they first made friend in junior high, and last year, she bought Sehun a handkerchief. Luhan? Well, Jongin doesn’t have to buy him anything from all the things and food they have shared).

She is looking at the key chains, eyes sparkling happily when she spots one with a little panda plush. “Looks just like Taozi” she giggles and goes off to the cashier with the key chain. There is a display of beanies with a 30% off sign next to the cashier. A navy knitted beanie with a big red pompom at the top catches her attention. “Oh well, he bought me hair pins and made my favorite pancakes…” she mumbles before reaching it and pay.

Luhan is talking on the phone when Jongin opens the car door. She closes the door and sits there quietly, reaching half of her body behind to put the purchase at the back seat.

“Done?” Luhan asks, face suddenly a few inches away from Jongin’s, making her gasps in surprise. She slaps his arm before he drives off with a pout, arm slightly stinging.

“That was Minho” Jongin raises her eyebrow at the sudden statement, “They are coming over this weekend”

“And they are…?”

“My football club” he grins.

Jongin groans, complaining that Luhan is no longer their team captain, therefore it’s not his football club, and they are not allowed to step into their apartment with their smelly feet and wet armpits, destroying every corner of the new place.

Luhan whines, “I already said yes! And they are bringing pizza!” which Jongin replies with another slap on his arm and a “Who said you could say yes? And pizza does not appeal me”

But Jongin sighs a defeated ‘okay’ in the end, because Luhan says that Taemin will come too, she can also invite her new classmate Taozi over.

“Oh, and I’m not going to clean up” she adds as they get into the apartment, “Okay, thanks, Jongina!” Luhan beams and pinches her cheek, which she returns with another slap.

Jongin takes a shower and change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, before sending Taemin a text, telling her about her first day of high school and how she gets a new best friend already with big s just to tease the other ballerina. Taemin replies with a picture of herself and Minho, sharing a brown scarf, making their cheeks to be squished together. ‘I walked to school with Minho oppa this morning mehrong~!’ is the caption. Jongin cringes and shakes her head in disbelief, ever since they get together eight months ago, Taemin has been talking nonstop about Minho oppa this Minho oppa that. It’s not that Jongin is jealous that she doesn’t have a boyfriend, Taemin is just simply annoying when it gets to Minho.

 

To: Taeminnie

GROsSSs

anw I'm inviting Taozi aka my new bff over this weekend, you can come too if you're not too busy snogging

 

Jongin throws her phone to the bed after reading Taemin’s reply, which is something along the line of ‘aww don’t be jelly, you have Luhan oppa’ and ‘I hope your s explode’ then she stomps outside to the living room where Luhan is watching TVXQ performing their new song on a music show. She plops on the couch and feels weird, like, there is something important that she forgets. Frowning, she stands up and goes to the kitchen to grab some apple juice when the realization hits her. She looks down at her , bouncing freely as she walks.

“OH MY GOD!!”

Luhan throws the remote TV when Jongin’s scream echoes to the whole apartment and runs to the kitchen.

“What, what?! Is there a cockroach?! Where is it?!” he says in a karate pose.

Jongin would have laughed at how silly he looks but she runs back to her room instead, arms covering her own s.

She forgot to wear her bra.

She’s the type who doesn’t bother to wear a pair of bra at home, would only wear one if they have guests back at her house. But she is now living with Luhan, alone, of course she has to wear them all the time from now on. This is one of the reasons why she doesn’t want to live with him. No more bra free days. And she is not used to it yet.

She cursed Luhan under her breath as she fixes her bra on her s then put her t-shirt back on. Luhan has been knocking on her door like a mad man after she locked it. Jongin tied her hair into a ponytail then take a deep breath. She spots the beanie she bought earlier on the table and took it before opening the door to reveal a panic Luhan.

“Yah! Are you okay?! What happened?!” he asks worriedly.

Jongin clears , embarrassed at the way she reacted earlier, “I’m…okay”

Luhan can only frown (but relieved) seeing her weird behavior.

“For you” she hands the beanie to him, “It was on sale” then she walks back to the kitchen, taking her forgotten apple juice.

Luhan beams, shouting a thank you before he runs to his room. Probably taking pictures of himself wearing the beanie and post it on Weibo.

 

The next day, Jongin greets Taozi happily, waving the panda keychain in her hand before giving it to the taller girl. Taozi thanks her shyly and hooks the keychain right away onto her backpack’s zipper.

“Do you want to come over to my apartment this weekend?” Jongin asks as they put their bags down on their table and take a seat, “Luhan invited his high school’s football club, and he said I could invite you too” she smiles.

“Is it okay?” Taozi asks hesitantly to which Jongin reply with two thumbs up, “Of course! Taemin will come, I’ll introduce you two” then the Chinese girl smiles an okay.

 

The two girls go to the café across the street after school. Luhan said this morning that he will be a bit late and told Jongin to wait for him at the said café. Jongin was going to take the bus to go home at first but she decided to go to the café to have hot chocolate and some cake, besides she doesn’t want Luhan to freak out and scold her later. Taozi tags along, saying that her brother will pick her up today instead of her chauffer. They sit down at the table in front of the window inside, with two mugs of hot chocolate marshmallow cream and two different cakes; warm raspberry brownie for Taozi and banoffee pie for Jongin.

“Sehun is really cool, you should meet him! Oh, I know! We can have a video chat with him this weekend!” Jongin grins before taking another bite of her pie.

Suddenly, someone pulls her hair from behind, almost making her choke. “Why are you talking about that brat, you should be talking about me” Luhan sits abruptly on the chair next to Jongin’s.

“Yah!!” she glares, patting the spot on her head where it stings because of his pull, then fixes her hair band. Luhan says nothing as he takes a big chunk of her banoffee pie into his mouth. Jongin is ready to punch him when someone clears his throat, making her looks up and sees a tall blonde guy who looks like a model.

“Hello, I’m Kris” the guy gives a small smile, “He’s my brother” Taozi adds.

Jongin immediately stands up and bows, “Oh, h-hello, I’m Jongin, Taozi’s classmate”

Kris takes a seat next to his sister and chuckles, “I know, this guy wouldn’t stop showing off his new beanie from you since morning” he points to Luhan and the beanie on his head. Luhan glares and threatened him with a fist.

“You know Luhan?” she asks as she sits back, ignoring Kris’ statement. “Yeah, we’re classmate too”

What a small world, Jongin thinks as she sips her hot chocolate.

“Yah, don’t do that” Luhan glares at Jongin.

“What?” she tilts her head. Luhan stuffs a tissue onto her lips, “You’re so messy”

Jongin flicks his hand and snaps the tissue away, wiping her lips with a grunt.

‘Did he really have to stuff my mouth with a tissue, God, why can’t he just say it nicely that I have some cream on my lips’

This is what Jongin hates about Luhan. When they were little kids, he mocked her and put a lot of pranks on her; pulling her hair, lifting her skirt, dumping red paint or mud on her hair, stole her food and did other things that annoyed her to no end. Actually Jongin is a bit glad when they get older, because Luhan becomes gentler with her, no more pranks though they still argue for silly things. But he returns to be an annoying brat like he used to when they are with other people, especially around guys. She just doesn’t understand what’s going on in his head.

‘Bipolar old man, tsk’

 

It is Saturday, their apartment is packed with the guys greeting each other with brotherly hugs and ridiculous fist bumps. Just then the bell rings again, Jongin opens the door and sees Taozi standing there, “You’re here!” she immediately lets her in.

“I brought cake” Taozi smiles, showing the cake box she’s holding. “You don’t have to, but thank you” she takes the cake and leads her to the kitchen where the rest are at.

Jongin introduces Taozi to everyone and Taemin whines about how she feels lonely as the only girl with small s. Taozi giggles at her cuteness and Jongin apologizes before taking the two girls to her room to have a video chat with Sehun.

“Sehunnieee!” she cheers and waves to the screen, Taemin joins by stuffing her face onto the camera and grins, Jongin laughs and pushes her away, “This is Taozi, my classmate I told you about!”

 

Meanwhile the guys are getting ready to play video games, and Luhan is saving a box of pizza for the girls when Minseok taps his shoulder, “How are you?” Luhan frowns at the question, “I’m fine” and Minseok sighs, shaking his head, “You know that’s not what I meant, Lu”

Luhan groans, having Minseok pep talk him is the last thing he wants right now. He has had enough of it but Minseok keeps saying the same thing to remind and encourages him. Luhan knows he has to stop his little attitude and just tell Jongin directly without implying a hint of his feelings in pranks and shows his jealousy with mocks or cold acts. But he just can’t bring himself to say it. He’s afraid that Jongin will reject him and it will ruin what they have now, whatever that is.

“Listen, Lu. Don’t think about the outcome, just think about right now. Jongin finds you annoying, sure, but she doesn’t hate you, though she might if you keep it up. For God's sake Luhan, you’ve been bugging her for about, I don’t know, more than ten years? If I were her, I’d definitely strangle you with a pillow in your sleep”

Luhan pouts at Minseok, muttering a ‘meanie baozi’ before walking to Jongin’s room with Minseok watching his every moves.

 

“Oh, hi hyung!” Sehun waves in the screen when Luhan walks in.

“I’m not your hyung” is Luhan’s cold respond, “Shut the damn laptop and come out for food, the guys almost eat the whole cake and pizza if I didn’t stop them”

“The old man starts to nag” Jongin sulks and sticks her tongue at him.

“Byong Sehunnie~ bring me lots of chocolate and candy when you visit, okie~!” Taemin blows kiss onto the screen, Taozi laughs and gives a small wave and shy smile to Sehun.

”Bye Sehun-ah! I’ll text you tomorrow”

“Sure! Have fun you guys! Bye~” he grins and waves before Jongin turns the laptop off and heads to the kitchen, followed by Taemin and Taozi.

Minseok slaps Luhan’s head when he’s out of Jongin’s room, “Do it properly! What did I just tell you?!” he slaps him again.

“Oww! Okay okay, I’m sorry! You know how that brat really gets on my nerve!” he huffs.

 

That night, Minseok stays over to plan for Luhan’s confession, Minho helps because Taemin wants to stay over too, she still misses Jongin, so Minho has no choice but to stay as well.

“This is frustrating” Luhan groans, “The idea of confessing to her is frustrating already! Can’t I just make it simple?” he whines and Minho throws a pillow to his direction, not caring about being disrespect to the older. “It has to be sweet! No girls like it simple, hyung, trust me” the younger gives a thumb up, “Beside, you annoyed Jonginnie so much I think even the sweetest confession won’t make her fall for you”

Luhan throws the pillow back to Minho and it lands perfectly on his froggy face. ‘Ha!’

“Hey, I have an idea” Luhan perks up at Minseok’s words and listens to his plan, “First of all, we have to make Jongin realizes her feelings for you, and then…”

Like that, they don’t sleep until dawn and Luhan can’t be any more proud of Minseok, hugging him with a satisfied smile. Minho stares at them cuddling sleeping and grabs a pillow and a blanket for himself to sleep on the couch, “So gay.”

 

It has been a week since that night. Following the plan, Luhan keeps some distant with Jongin. He tells her to go home by bus, saying he’s busy with ‘campus stuffs’. He hates the idea at first, but Minseok threatens to shove a ball into his if he wouldn’t go with the plan.

Luhan sulks because Jongin doesn’t even notice that he’s been avoiding her all week.

She waves him off when he said he’s not going to pick her up from school.

She nods an okay when he said he’s going to have dinner with his classmates.

She sleeps peacefully when he comes home very late at night.

He is at his limit when Minseok says he should not come home for a day and sleep over at one of his classmate’s house.

What the , Kim Minseok are you crazy?!” he screams to the phone, gaining attention from the people in the cafeteria. He hisses and jogs to an empty classroom, eyebrows furrowed deeper than ever. “I’m not going to leave her all alone in the apartment! What if something happened? I can’t risk that!”

“Calm down, will you?” Minseok sighs into the phone, “Just stay somewhere near, Kris’ place perhaps? Or some internet café in your neighborhood?”

Luhan ponders for awhile. Kris’ place is thirty minutes away by car, and he’s pretty sure there’s an internet café in his neighborhood. So he chooses the latter option, and breathes in relief when he spots the internet café’s sign just one block away from the apartment.

He dials Jongin’s number as he enters the place, “Jongina? I’m staying at a friend’s house today to do a project. Will you be okay at home, alone?” he asks with worry heavy in his voice.

“Yeah, sure” she replies flatly.

“Just… Call me if you need anything, okay?”

And they end the phone call with Jongin’s soft ‘okay’

 

Luhan glances at his wristwatch that shows 9.20PM. About an hour ago he texted Jongin, asking about her dinner, which Jongin replied by a picture of kimchi fried rice with sunny side up and seaweed. Well, at least that was better than the ramyun cup and processed cheese he had.

'Is she sleeping already?' he sighs, thumb hovering over his phone screen. Ten minutes, it is starting to rain outside, and in a matter of seconds the rain turns into a thunderstorm. '' Luhan curses, knowing that Jongin is afraid of thunder. Just when he is about to call her, his phone blinks, signing an incoming phone call from Jongin.

"....Oppa?"

"Hm?"

"Are you...busy?"

"No, not at all.. Why?"

"I..."

They stay in silent for five seconds, hearing each other's breath, until Jongin lets out a small sob.

"...Jongina?" Luhan panicks, "Yah, Kim Jongin!!" but the call has disconnected, "" he bolts up from his seat and runs outside, hoofing the heavy rain.

Luhan arrives at the apartment after approximately three minutes of running and he is drenched from head to toe. "Jongina?!" he calls as he walks toward her room, which is empty. Luhan frowns and calls again, this time checking the bathroom but to no avail. A really loud thunder strikes and he hears a whimper and a small cry from his bedroom.

"Jongina?" he calls softly as he opens the door to his room. There's a lump of blanket in the middle of his bed, Jongin hiding under it. Luhan sits closely and gather the lump to his embrace, "Hey, it's okay, I'm here" he whispers, slightly rocking and her back. Jongin's head gets out of the blanket, her eyes moist and a bit red and Luhan's heart aches seeing her like this. He pulls her closer, burying her face in the crook of his neck and tightens his hold on her body, "I'm sorry Jongina, please don't cry, I'm so sorry..."

He is damped and uncomfortable but he doesn't care, he doesn't want to leave Jongin even for a second. Jongin has calmed down, eyes closed and breath even. Luhan kisses the tear tracks on her sleeping face, and sighs before sleep takes over him.

 

Luhan slowly opens his heavy eyes, his head is pounding and he groans. He tries to get up but his body feels so heavy he can't even move a finger. He glances at his side, which is empty, a new fresh blanket is now drapped over him. "Jongina..?" he cringes hearing his weak, hoarse voice.

Then the door opens, revealing Jongin with a tray. She puts down the tray on Luhan's desk before sitting on the bed. "How are you feeling?" she softly peels the fever patch off of his burning forehead. "Heavyyy," he whines.

Jongin sighs, Luhan is so whiny and clingy when he's sick. She helps him to sit and feeds him the porridge she has made, and she hits Luhan on the stomach after because "I only want to drink the medicine from your lips" he says. Jongin forces the medicine down his throat by making him scream from her pinch that will definitely leave bruise tomorrow.

But Luhan notices that she's been quiet, 'Why isn't she nagging?' he thought that Jongin is going to nag at him for getting home all wet from the rain and for burdening her with him being sick like this. 'Oh , did she know that I lied? She's not even questioning how did I get here hmm and she keeps avoiding my eyes...' but his bubble of thoughts is popped when Jongin hands him a cup of citron tea.

"Oh?" Jongin looks at him with a 'what' look, "Did you change my clothes?" he grins that eat-ting grin after realizing that he's now in his grey sweater and pajama pants, not the shirt and jeans he was wearing last night. 'Ah~ Is that why? She's shy? Aw, cutie~'

Jongin looks away and gets up, "I-I'm going to clean..the...dishes" she clears and quickly walks out of the room. "Aw don't be shy~ we've bathed together-" and Jongin slams the door to cut his words. Luhan is still grinning as he slides down to lay, feeling better already.

 

Jongin scrubs the bowl and glass furiosly, trying to get the image of a Luhan out of her head.

"That old man is so gross oh my God, it's not like I had any choice! Why did I close my eyes, b-but if I didn't- God, why did my hand- stop, Kim Jongin, just stop! It was a mistake that I touched his- shut up! I didn't touch it! It was only a s-slight contact..? And it's not like I've never seen his body, we've bathed together- okay, you know what, forget it. He can go to hell." she mumbles, face red as she puts the clean bowl and glass on the rack.

 

Minseok calls him the second he reads Luhan’s text of how shy and cute Jongin is after changing his clothes.

“Care to explain?”

“Well, there was a thunderstorm last night and Jongin got scared so I ran from the internet café, through the rain, and got fever this morning” he explains, happiness clear in his hoarse voice.

“Good, we’re progressing” he  continues, “I guess she will avoid you for several days. All you gotta do now is what you always do, but make it frequent and unnecessary.”

Luhan frowns, “And that is..?” he swears he can hear Minseok smirks through the phone, “Skinship.”

 

One thing Luhan can't help is the need to touch Jongin. Just a ruffle or a pat on her hair, a pinch on the cheek, and a poke on her arm. Now that Minseok told him to do it more frequent and unnecessary, he can't be any happier to do so. His touches last longer on Jongin, he gazes at her longer as if trying to shower her with love from his eyes.

On the other hand, Jongin is all flustered with Luhan's actions toward her. Partly because she is still embarassed about changing his clothes and partly because she is starting to think that Luhan is really gentle and charming. She keeps denying her growing feelings, chanting to herself that 'Luhan is old, Luhan is a ert, Luhan is ugly, I don't like Luhan...'

"...Stop staring at me" Jongin clears , trying not to stutter because Luhan keeps staring at her instead of watching the TV.

"I'm not staring at you, Jongina, I'm sending you my love" he smiles, and Jongin throws a bag of nachos to his face.

"If you're not watching the TV then go somewhere else" she tries to glare, but looks away immediately when her eyes meet Luhan's sparkling ones.

"Why would I go somewhere else when you're here" he moves to sit closer and twirls her long hair softly.

Jongin's face gets hot, so she stands up and heads to her bedroom, "I-I'm going uh...homework"

"Call me if you need any help with your homework, okay?" he grins.

 

Jongin sits with her homework opened on the desk, calling for her to actually start working on it, but she just stares blankly at the pages, biting her propelling pencil. Her mind wanders off to her childhood with Luhan, still trying to deny her feelings, searching for bad memories caused by Luhan's pranks and all the times he annoyed her.

Like, when Luhan dumped a bucket of mud onto her head and shouted happily that he would marry her, or when Luhan blew the eleven candles on her birthday cake and said that he would make all her wishes come true so she didn't have to make a wish. And what Jongin hates the most: when they bathed together, with strawberry scented bubbles and rubber duckies. Luhan would always shampooed her lovingly, saying that he really liked her long hair and singing "So pretty~ my cutie Jongina~"

"Nooooo!!" she groans, burying her burning face in the book.

Recalling her childhood only makes her realize that she has liked Luhan for a long time.

She started learning ballet because Luhan once saw a tutu on a shop's display and said that it was cute.

She watches football because Luhan likes football.

She never cut her hair any shorter than below the shoulders, because Luhan likes her long hair.

"God, what do I do now?"

 

Luhan dyed his honey blond hair to dark brown, and Jongin wants to die. It's been so long since he had it in a dark shade that he looks so manly now.

"Jongina~ Do you like oppa's new hair? Now we have matching hair color!"

"Y-yeah..."

Luhan pauses at her word. He thought she would say something like "Go away, you look stupid" or "I don't care" but she just stuttered a "Yeah"? Or is it only his imagination?

"I mean, you..you should stop dying your hair, you know... Y-you'll be bald before fourty!" She pushes him on the shoulder and runs away.

Luhan beames brighter than the sun.

 

Luhan checks his reflection on his phone for the ninth time in one minute. "Do I look manly? I feel like a kindergarten in this shorts..."

Minho looks at his pout down to his milky almost hairless legs, "Yes, hyung, you look very manly, and no, you do not look like a kindergarten, you look perfect!"

Luhan takes a deep breath, 'I look perfect and manly! Jongin likes guy in shorts!'

"Come on now, or you'll be late to the recital" Minseok reminds him and usher them both to go into the auditorium.

Jongin's ballet club is doing a recital; Alice in Wonderland. She is having a last check of her make-up and costume back stage before she stands by on her place, waiting for the red curtain to be rolled up. Luhan's heart beat increases when the music starts, and there Jongin is, in the center of the stage in her Alice costume, looking beautiful than ever. His hand is clutching Minho's arm to contain his feels.

"Hyung, hurt," Minho whispers with teary eyes.

By the time the performance is done, Minho's arm is bruised a mad red.

"Oppa! What happened to your arm?!" Taemin shrieks, hands panickly fanning the bruise, hoping to heal it. Minho pouts and points at Luhan with his chin. Taemin hisses and glares at the said young man, looking just like how the Red Queen she played on stage earlier.

Luhan grins and backs away slowly, heading to Jongin's changing room.

"Jonginaaaaa! OMG you were so cool! I'm-" He stops, quickly but quietly closes the door. "Hey, Jongina?" he walks to her who is sitting on the floor, head buried in between her knees. Luhan sits in front of her and her head. "Why are you sitting on the floor, you'll get cold"

"...I messed up" she looks up and pouts, her face is now clean from the heavy make-up earlier, "my failli and tour en l'air were a bit off..." she whines.

Luhan doesn't understand what she's talking about but 'God, she's so y saying whatever those words mean.' He only snaps out of his thought when Jongin buries her head back with a loud groan.

"Jongina," he gently lifts her head again, "Kim Jongin, listen to me" he cups her face, "I may not understand ballet terms but I do understand that you were perfect, I'm proud of you, okay? People were clapping and cheering so hard for you, I even bruised Minho's arm" he chuckles.

Jongin blushes and looks down, not because of the compliment but because of Luhan's smile. Luhan just looks at her lovingly, brushing her curled hair softly.

"You're so beautiful..." he kisses her forehead.

"MY PRINCESS-" Mr.Kim bursts open the door with a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"I'm so sorry, you can continue. We'll be waiting in the car, sweetie" Jongin's mother smiles apologetically, "Come on, yeobo" she says with a stern look, dragging her husband away from the two with force. Luhan's mother just waves excitedly before walking away too with another bouquet of roses in her hand.

"I.." Jongin clears , "I should get change," she stands up abruptly and hisses in pain. "What's wrong?" Luhan asks, hands steadying her body. "N-nothing."

Luhan looks down to her bare feet, and gasps seeing the bruises littering her toes up to her ankles.

"No! D-don't look- it's ugl- Luhan what are you- yah, put me down!"

Luhan spends the night away by treating Jongin's feet, washing it with luke warm water and applying balm on the bruises.

 

From: Choi Frog

my minnie told me that u r washing jonginnie's feet, like, eww??? touching a ballerina's feet??

i stay the away from taemin's, they stink like hell

btw of course i lied when i said u look manly

 

From: Choi Frog

LUHAN HYUNG HOW DARE YOU TOLD TAEMIN THAT I SAID THAT HER FEET STINK LIKE HELL!!1!

NOW I HAVE TO WASH //AND// MASSAGE EM OMERGERD I ING HATE YOU

 

"Jongina, I love you sooo much, let's get married and make a lot of babies!"

"Luhan, that's not how you confess to a girl" Minseok throws him a cheese puff.

"I don't know, Minseok, I don't knoooooww" he groans, picking the cheese puff from his hair and pops it into his mouth.

Minseok scrunches his nose, "Just... Don't mention anything about babies, she'll slap you"

"Okay, how about...." he ponders for a while, "Like a sun rising up, I can't stop loving you-"

"Please tell me that's not from TVXQ's song" Minseok cuts him.

Luhan pouts and eats more cheese puffs, "Fhine, I'llm fjust shay whatevefr comfes achroshs my headm tomforrowfm."

"Close your goddamn mouth, you're dirtying my couch."

 

Jongin is applying her usual make-up routine, thinking if she should put more effort like eye make-up or blush on, but she doesn't want to look like she looks forward to this date with Luhan. "It's not a date! He just asked you to take a walk around the park!" She whispers to herself as she applies thin eyeliner and mascara. "...Okay maybe a little blush cream is fine," she taps her apple cheeks with rosy pink cream. She is about to smooth a sheer colored lip balm onto her lips when Luhan casually opens the door to her room and walks in with a hooded denim jacket slung over his right arm.

"Jongina, wear this" He hands her the jacket.

"Knock!" She nags, taking the jacket embarassed angrily from his hand.

Luhan grins, he notices that Jongin puts a little bit more make-up than her daily make-up. He steps closer and takes the lip balm from her grip, uncapping it, before holding her chin gently. Jongin can feel his warm minty breath as he swipes the lip balm onto her parted lips.

"There you go, pretty" he steps back, smiling, then looks at the mirror to apply the lip balm onto his own lips. Jongin blushes because indirect kiss and wears the jacket over her shirt. Luhan takes her hand, "Let's go!"

They go to the park by bike. Luhan wants to take her on his bike but Jongin refuses and takes her own bike in the end. They stop by Jongin's favorite chicken place to have a late lunch. Jongin gets embarassed when people are looking at them, whispering what a cute couple they are.

"W-why are you wearing the same jacket?" She asks as they take a seat at the table near the window.

Well, it's not like they never have the same clothes before. They have bunch of it actually, from t-shirts to pajamas, but they never wear it together like this, in public. Jongin blows her bangs.

Luhan grins, "Don't we make a cute couple?"

Jongin wants to hide her red face in the chicken bucket when he winks at her. It looks more like some dust gets into his eye rather than a wink, but Jongin finds it...adorable. Handsome. Adorably handsome. She eats more drumsticks to distract her mind off of Luhan's long lashes.

 

The park is pretty quiet, save for the splashes of the fountain and the evening breeze that moves the swings, the chains clanking. Jongin sits on one of the swings and Luhan pushes it gently. The sun is setting, painting the sky a pretty orange and purplish blue.

"Jongina..." Luhan calls nervously, taking a deep breath.

Jongin hums, still locking her gaze to the now dark blue sky. The park is lighted up by little twinkling lights scattered on the trees, on the lamp post, everywhere, and the fountain's light changes color every second. Jongin frowns as she looks around the beautiful park, 'is it always like this?' because the last time she was here to buy corn dog, only the lamp posts were lighten. Talking about corn dog, where is that food truck?

"I- um I've got..something..to say to you..." he stops pushing and twirls Jongin's hair with his finger.

"What is it?" she looks up to him, and Luhan thinks 'God she's so beautiful, how do I do this?'

"Uh... Actually, I have a gift for you first" he fishes out a small navy velvet box from his pocket.

"A gift? For me? But it's not even my birthday or anything..?" She frowns, getting up from the swing to face him properly.

"Yeah um, it's just another gift...y-you know, like the hair bands I like to give you randomly hehe..he"

"Okay..."

"T-turn around"

Jongin does as he says, thinking he would probably clip her hair back with another hair accessory, but the necklace catches her off guard. Jongin looks down to see a small crystal ball with silver chain, dangling on her neck.

"Luhan, what-" Jongin turns around, "Th-this is not a hair band!" she says with wide eyes, because the necklace looks expensive as hell.

"I know, it's not, it's a necklace" he inhales, "Okay..." and exhales. "Jongina, just...listen to me, don't say anything until I'm done, okay?" Jongin nods hesitantly. "Now, where do I start uh... I- I like you. Not like how I like Minseok but, like, I like like you. Always. Since, I don't know, 10 years ago..? Well, scratch that, I don't like like you, I love you. A lot. I love your smile, I love your hair, I love your dance, I even love your bare feet. God, they are so cute!" Luhan pauses and blinks, "...Um, i mean, , I sound like a ert stalker, don't I? I'm not even talking about your s! ..., , it's not like that, Jongina, I swear! I don't name your s Piyu and Ciyu, and I absolutely don't dream doing obscene things to them!" He bites his lower lip to stop himself from blabbering. "C-can we..uh start over? Because I kinda screw up there..." He grins awkwardly, face red like a boiled crab. "Okay. So. I'm sorry for being a jerk, I'm sorry for annoying you. I did all of that just to get your attention. Also, I'm sorry for these past weeks for lying to you about doing 'campus stuff'. It was all Minseok's idea to give us some distance, really! And I'm sorry for...earlier." He grabs Jongin's hands in his and gulps, "I love you, Kim Jongin, will you be my girlfriend? My...lover?"

Jongin blinks, once, twice. She can't believe Luhan is actually confessing to her. She can feel her face is heating up to the tip of her ears. This is too much. Luhan is too much. She wants to cry her eyes out. She wants to kick his face. "I want to kick your face."

"F-for the record!" Luhan blocks his pretty face with both hands, "I gave you a necklace! And you're already wearing it! So basically you can't say no!" He peeks from inbetween his fingers.

Jongin clears , "I-" she rolls the small crystal ball with her fingers, "I didn't say no..."

"So..." Luhan brings down his hands, "It's a...yes?"

Jongin answers with a small nod, unable to speak, afraid that she's going to burst in tears and joy. But it's enough to make Luhan smile so widely his eyes' wrinkles deeper than ever and his gum is starting to hurt from the stretch. Jongin can't help but smile along with him, the both of them look stupidly in love. Luhan pulls her for a hug, wrapping his arms around her body tightly, making Jongin yelp an "oppa!"

A red food truck appears, honking its horn loudly, and '...Taemin?' is in the truck, waving excitedly, with her head out of the window dangerously.

"Congratulations, you ies monster!!!" she yells as the truck is being parked next to the fountain by none other than her boyfriend, Minho.

Minseok gets out of the truck with food, "Corn dogs? Or potato twister?" He asks with a smile, winking at Jongin.

Luhan gasps, "Kim Minseok! You did not just wink at my girlfrend!" He throws him an accussing look as he buries Jongin's face into the crook of his neck.

 

That night when they are back in their apartment, brushing their teeth together in the bathroom, Luhan speaks through his full-of-tooth-paste mouth, "By the way, Jongina," Jongin cringes at the foam flying everywhere from Luhan's mouth, "Have you always liked me too? Since when? When did you realize? What makes you like me?" He bends down to rinse his mouth then stares at Jongin through the mirror.

Jongin blushes from the questions and pushes Luhan away to quickly rinse then runs out of the bathroom.

"Yaaah, answer meee!" Luhan runs after her and manages to trap her on her bedroom's door.

"I d-don't know... Luhan, let me go, I- I'm going to sleep"

Luhan smirks and inches closer, "I take it that you've always liked me since we met, then" he places a peck on the corner of her lips, "Good night, Jongina~" he backs away, smiling, as he heads to his own bedroom.

But Jongin surprises him when she pulls his hand, cupping his face with both hands and tips her toes to kiss him full on the lips. She takes his lower lip in between her lips, lightly, before she pulls away, whispering a "Good night, Luhan oppa" and immediately sprints off to her bedroom, slamming the door, not giving Luhan a chance to react.