Reminiscence

Top of Teenagers

Zico finally managed to free himself from P.O's grip.

'...your looks! Ya' looking mighty fine today, Bang, haha.' he said, having an awkward smile on his face, and playing with one of his dreadlocks. That was a sign that he was really nervous.

Zico always got intimidated by Yong Guk, even if Bang wasn't a mean man. Maybe it was because Bang really seemed like someone you didn't want to mess up with.

P.O looked at Zico, and faked a smile, but in fact, he was scared about the way things could turn out just because Zico couldn't keep his mouth shut. Bang gave the two young rappers a confused and suspicious look, like he was thinking 'what the hell was that?' 

'Uh..ok..thanks, I think. See ya.. later!'  

*'Was he hitting on me? Such a weird kid.' Bang thought*  

    Zico and P.O mumbled something, and kept smiling in an awkward way until they lost track of Bang.

'Damn, that was close...why the hell was that for, Pyo, anyway?!' Zico said.

P.O wasn't looking directly at Zico but he answered the leader's question.

'Well, I thought that you were going to-'

Zico gave P.O an angry look.

'To tell him that I'm about to stole his ing car?! How stopyd (stupid, wrote it the way Zico pronounces it) do ya' think I am? I ain't that dumb, Pyo.'

'I know, but the fact that you are foul-mouthed and impulsive ain't nothing new. Plus, I had to save our asses in a way. Ya' do realize that Bang knows gangsters, who wouldn't hesitate to chop us in pieces.'

'Well..you're right, in a way. But wouldn't that be exciting, Pyo? Imagine us, Block B, driving a stolen expensive car, being chased by real gangsters, with guns. Don't ya think it's the right time to live our lives the way we always wanted to? I mean, don't ya think we should start living dangerous? Just a little bit. To feel our adrenaline levels going really high?'

'Yes..but, we're just a bunch of teenagers who want to be known in the music industry. What could we possibly do, Jiho? How would our parents react, bro?'  

  'Ya' know what? Screw them! At least mine. I never actually felt that they were my parents in the first place.  They never were here for me, so why should I care? I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't care anymore. When I was younger, it really was terrible fo' me to see happy kids with their families, y'know? Hell, it still is. They never were here for me, that's why I started drinking. To forget about the fact that I was lonely, to forget about the fact that even my parents didn't gave a about me. Back then, I didn't had a family, but now I have Block B. Of course, it still hurts, but now, I have nothin' to lose, y'know?' Zico said while tears started to form in the corners of his eyes.

 Pyo didn't know how to react. He really felt guilty for bringing that subject up, even if he didn't knew until then that Zico's relationship with his parents was almost inexistent. Zico has been lying to them about his parents for a long time. 

P.O didn't had time to react properly, because Zico disappeared without him noticing it. Pyo was too distracted about the way Zico reacted and he completely forgot that the dreadhead was there. But because he was Zico's best friend he knew where he would surely find Jiho. Their old hiding place. It wasn't that hard for P.O to find him, since their hiding place was nearby. Their hiding place was actually an abandoned amusement park. They used to hide there when they were little. When they grew up, they started to 'decorate' it with graffiti.

As soon as P.O entered the park he saw Zico sitting on a bench, with his face buried in his hands. His body was making jerking movements, which made Pyo understand that Zico was still crying. The blonde rapper approached his dreadhead friend without him noticing it.

'Zico..' Pyo said, while putting his arm on Zico's shoulder 'I'm sorry.'

Zico looked up at him. His eyes were red with puffy lids, which made them even smaller that they were already, and the dreadhead's face was a little bit reddish. 

He shook his head and looked in another direction.

'It's not your fault, Pyo. You...just... didn't knew. There's nothing to be sorry for. I must be sorry for running away.' he said, while still sobbing a bit. 'Damn, I hate it when other people see me cry. It makes me feel really... vulnerable. But, there are times when I can't help it. I simply..can't. Even if I want to, it gets even worse.'

P.O didn't said a word, but he sat on the bench towards Zico, even if the dreadhead was avoiding to look at his best friend.

'Awh, c'mon, Zico.' P.O said while he hugged the dreadhead tight, taking him by surprise. 'Y'know that I'm here for ya'. Y'know that I'll never leave you.'

----------

- In the meantime, at Block B's house -

Kyung was waiting for B-Bomb who has been fixing his make-up and hair for at least a hour to get out. 

'Can you move yo' already, B-Bomb? Aigoo, what's taking you so long?' 

'Aish, Kyung leave me alone already. You're not the leader, Zico is.' 

'Well Zico ain't here, so it means that I'm in charge. Can you move faster, at least? Geez.' Kyung said, rolling his eyes.

'And what the hell do you want?' Kyung said towards U-Kwon who was behind his back.

U-Kwon laughed.

'I can't believe that you're waiting for B-Bomb to get out of the bathroom. You said that you could be a better leader than Zico, but if Zico would be in your current situation he would knock the out of that goddamn door, but you're just here waiting for him to get out like a loser.'