Zico's Dilemma

Top of Teenagers

'Well, boys, you can stay only if...' YG said looking at Zico.

.............................................

- Earlier that day -

Zico was in the bathroom, looking in the mirror, with a dazzed look on his face. For the first time in years, he was paying attention to the way he looked. Zico never cared about his looks too much. That's why he got dreads, his hair was easier to maintain that way (in a way), even if it still was a pain in the sometimes. 

You could say that he never had the time or the patience necessary for observing his own face, and examining his face made him realize once again how much he hated his imperfections. He never liked the fact that he had big lips, or, slightly feminine features like others said. Of course, not everybody thought that. Zico never found himself attractive, even if his apparent strong self-esteem would say otherwise.  

P.O entered the room, making Zico to snap out of his trance-like state, but, without observing him. At Zico's sight, P.O looked slightly confused. It took Zico nearly a minute to realise that he wasn't alone in the bathroom anymore. 

'You okay, Zico?' P.O asked his best friend and leader with a worried look on his face.

Zico turned around with a serious look on his face. He looked so sober, that P.O was feeling a little bit intimidated by him. For the first time.

'P.O' he said, hesitating a bit'.. do you think that I look like a chick?' 

  P.O's mood changed abruptly. He chuckled a little.

'Yo, why do you think so?' he said, still laughing a little.

But Zico wasn't laughing. At all. He looked at P.O straight in the eyes, and that was a sign that Zico clearly got pissed off. Which is kind of rare, because he never gets pissed off by P.O. 

'I don't know if I should either kill you in your sleep, or stab you multiple times, P.O.' he said, rising his eyebrow.

'Aw, c'mon, Zico, you don't look like a girl. Well, if you don't count in your Angelina Jolie-esque lips, I think. Or your legs. Or-'

P.O stopped because he got a feeling that he pissed Zico off enough for today. Even if that wasn't his intention. 

'OK, I GOT IT, YOU !' Zico said, rolling his eyes. 

'No, but, really, you don't look like a girl. I swear.' P.O continued, as he was trying to calm him down, while keeping an awkward smile on his face. 

'Oh, what's the matter, sweethearts? Having trouble in paradise?' Taeil said, as he was standing in front of the door.

Zico gave him an angry look, and P.O was gesticulating desperately, hoping that Taeil would run before Zico would murder him.  

But he didn't, Zico remaint silent. Which was quite surprising.

Seeing that he was safe, Taeil continued 'well, you two do act like you're married or something.'

'Yeah, I'm totally acting like I'm his wife.' Zico said.

P.O and Taeil looked at each other, utterly confused.

'Yo, I can't believe that you finally admitted the fact that you act like a desperate housewife in her mid 30's.' Taeil said, laughing.

Zico shook his head.

'I was being sarcastic, you lil' .'

'That doesn't change anything.' Taeil said.

Zico was about to throw a tantrum, but Kyung appeared.

'Well you might not look like a girl, but do you remember that time when we went to Japan and you started crying and screaming because the Hello Kitty shop was closed?' he said.

Zico hated it when the rest of the members of his aspiring band didn't payed attention to him, and especially when they were mocking him for his impulsive behaviour. 

    'Thanks a lot, dawgs. Now I feel better about myself.' Zico said, sarcastically. 

'Thank me later, Jiho. Now I have some news for you guys.'

P.O and Taeil became curious about what Kyung had to announce them, but Zico.. well Zico was still upset. But that's how he is. No matter how much the rest of the band tried to change him, Zico will be Zico, and that's hard to change.

'I've heard that Yang Goon, also known as YG, the owner of YG Entertainment is looking for new idols who can also keep up with the hip hop spirit of the label, so we have an appointment with the big boss, tomorrow.' Kyung said, smirking.

'And now, where the hell are those lazy bastards, B-Bomb, Jaehyo and U-kwon?'

to be continued...