Chanmi

Behind 우리 결혼했어요 (We Got Married)

"Taejin-ah! Taejin-ah!"

... (Chanmi's POV) ...

I looked at the cloud-filled sky and started to think about my mom and dad. I remember exactly how it all happened in just one year...

"The ocean looks beautiful, doesn't it?" I heard someone pull me out of my thoughts. I looked over and saw Charlotte.

I looked back at the body of water; I've never seen such beauty from just water. "It's very beautiful. Everyone and everything has a very special beauty." To be quite honest, I've never seen a beach. I hope it's peaceful and beautiful like this when I come back.

"Indeed."

A silence greeted us. Charlotte spoke up again, "You know, I don't trust Taejin. She seems a bit off to me."

"Really..?" I asked out of curiosity. I don't really pay attention to people as much as I should because I worry too much about my family.

Charlotte continued, "I saw her dress you in something you're not comfortable in. Do you mind if try..?"

I sighed, shruged a little, and nodded my head in agreement. I sat on a towel in the sand and waited. 'I'm doing well, mom. How are you up there? Is dad finally listening to you?' I thought and giggled.

"Chanmi, are you okay?" Charlotte smiled with worry in her voice.

I came back to reality, "I'm just fine."

I looked down to see what Charlotte was holding. "Go try these on. I think this will be much more comfortable."

I stood up, bowed 90 degrees, and proceeded to do so. After changing, Charlotte was right; it's much more comfortable. For this cold fall day, I wouldn't mind snuggling into a blanket right about now. Suddenly a loud voice rang, "We're on in 1 minute!."

Oh, yeah... Reality TV. Whoopee... I tried to look around for my "husband", but I couldn't find him. So, I just walked closer to the ocean to get my feet wet and think a little more.

Chanmi! Get out! I'm right behind you!

You're almost ten feet away, mom! And there's fallen wood blocking your path! Let me help you!

No, you have to be safe first! I'll be fine. Just go!

"Jagiya~" I hear someone say. I turned around and it was Kris. He was wearing a white button up with white skinny jeans and a black belt. "What's with the face?"

"What face?" I said and paused for a second. "There's no other face; only my face."

"Right. Where'd the tear come from?" He pointed at it on my face.

I felt embarrassed, not knowing I shed a tear and quickly wiped it away.

A man came over and fixed our microphones. "Are you okay?" Not because he's assuming I'm crying, but about the microphone position.

"Yes," Kris and I said in unison.

The cameraman came in front of us and motioned '3. 2. 1.' with his fingers. Our host began, "Hello! and welcome back to 'We Got Married'! Kris, Chanmi, how do you two feel about each other?"

"We may not know much about each other now, but I hope we get closer in the future," Kris stated.

I didn't know what to say, so I just put on a fake smile and commented, "I'm just slightly overwhelmed." I blurted whatever came to mind.

Our host then asked, "Are you ready to go on your honeymoon?"

While Kris replied, "Yes!", I slightly shriveled and said, "A little~"

Kris looks at me in disbelief and then picked me up bridal style. As he did so, I screamed for my life. He felt warm, but it just scared me that he did that.


Hi guise~! I'm sorry for not writing in so long!!! I have school + stress + procrastination + writer's block + fatigue = I'm so dumb that I can't write a fcking chapter. I know it's not a lot, but I promise you I'm gonna write a lot more next weekend and for fall break! Take it easy guise~ *bows 90 degrees*