Bonus #3

Engraved Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

New drabble! ;)
This one takes place more or less one month after the previous drabble :)

 

Drabble Three: The New Life.

 

 

“Are you scared?”

Hyukjae sent him a small glare in response, but Donghae could tell the answer was yes. He didn’t even need to ask, he could read it all over his boyfriend’s face. His eyes were unable to stay focused, gaze shifting every few seconds, and he had that glint of anxiety burning in his black orbs. He was also unconsciously chewing on his lower lip, hurting his plump flesh with nervous nibbles, which he always did when he was restless.

“Don’t be scared”, the brunet pouted, unhappy to see his lover like this.

“I’m not scared.”

Donghae sighed when he got snapped at, but he didn’t give up. Hyukjae’s tone was harsh, especially when he was in some stressful situation, but he would somehow apologize later. Donghae just needed to be patient. So, instead of talking, the younger simply brought his hand to his boyfriend’s fisted one. He sneaked his fingers between the clenched fingers and the sweaty palm, forcing it open, and intertwined his fingers with Hyukjae’s.

The elder heaved a deep, slightly shaky sigh and held Donghae’s hand tightly.

“This is a bad idea. I’m gonna screw up again.”

“Don’t say that”, Donghae retorted. “Everything will be fine. You won’t screw up anything.”

“I don’t think I can do this...”

“Hyukkie”, Donghae frowned and leaned against his now black-haired boyfriend. “Of course you can. You need to. Dad already told you why...”

Hyukjae pursed his lips and said nothing, but Donghae knew the elder was listening.

“Dad said you need to graduate from high school, or else you won’t be able to get a proper job later”, he added.

“I know your dad is right. I know I have to, but...”

“He arranged everything for you to change school and come to mine, so we can go to high school together. He even went to meet your parents, to make them sign the papers...”

“I know...” Hyukjae breathed out.

“You’ve missed too many days of class in your previous school but Dad talked to our head-master and managed to get you accepted here. You just need to stop skipping school and you will graduate with us...”

“I skipped because they were persecuting me”, Hyukjae hissed between his gritted teeth, tensing right away at the memory of how he was treated by his previous classmates.

Donghae pressed himself against his boyfriend, resting his chin on the teen’s shoulder and nuzzling Hyukjae’s cheek with the tip of his nose. The elder immediately leaned into the gentle touch, closing his eyes and exhaling deeply.

“No one will bully you anymore”, the brunet whispered. “I’ll protect you...”

“How?” Hyukjae breathed out. “What can you possibly do if they bully me? They all know who I am... that we are dating...”

“They won’t do anything. They did nothing to me. And I won't let them try anything, I’ll be your knight in shining armour”, Donghae grinned widely.

“My knight?” Hyukjae scoffed. “You can’t even fight.”

“Who said anything about fighting?” Donghae retorted. “I’ll cry so hard and loud that they’ll feel bad and apologize.”

Hyukjae opened his eyes. His lips curled up into a smile, one that definitively reached his eyes, and his expression softened as he gazed at Donghae tenderly.

“That would be cute”, he commented.

“I’m always cute”, Donghae giggled and pressed a soft kiss on the corner of Hyukjae’s lips.

“Yeah, right”, Hyukjae snorted, but Donghae knew he was just teasing.

They stayed like this a few minutes, without saying anything, just enjoying each other’s presence. Donghae pressed his cheek against the other’s shoulder, resting his head on it, and sighed in contentment.

He could barely realize the huge progresses they had accomplished since they had started dating. With lots of patience and love, he had slowly managed to make Hyukjae lower his guard, grow more relaxed and confident around him. Hyukjae talked a lot more, and smiled too. He would still retreat into his shell whenever something made him upset or vulnerable, but Donghae was getting really good at soothing him out of his silence when it happened.

About a month had passed since Donghae’s birthday and their first date, and the two teens were only growing closer as days passed. They would spend most of their free time together, cuddling inside Donghae’s room, chatting in the diner-room with the brunet’s parents, going out to meet their friends, or just hanging around with each other.

Donghae had been delighted to find out that Hyukjae liked to cuddle. The elder would rarely initiate the skinship, but he’d never push Donghae away when the latter came up to him asking for a hug or a kiss. The brunet could pretty much do anything he wanted, his boyfriend was always very willing to give and receive some affection, even if he’d never admit it out-loud. Their hugs were still innocent and sometimes shy, but they felt warm and soft, and Donghae was getting more and more addicted to it.

Though Hyukjae was loosening up the tension around Donghae, he still remained cold and quiet around other people. He wasn’t just ready yet to lower his guard. He seemed able to relax only when the two of them were alone and somewhere safe, far away from the others’ eyes. Even if he wanted Hyukjae not to be scared of people anymore, Donghae couldn’t deny he liked the feeling of being the only able to see the real Hyukjae. It made him feel special.

On that day even more than usual.
Hyukjae would be startin

Please log in to read the full chapter