Coffee Savior Girl of Your Dreams

The World As They Know It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 Coffee Savior Girl of Your Dreams | III

 

Kwon Jiyong had just arrived on Kyung Hee University campus and was walking to The Coffee Bean to meet up with his friends Choi Seunghyun and Kang Daesung before his 3 o’clock English class.

 

Right as he was about to open the door, however, a body collided straight into him.

 

“What the—” was all Jiyong managed to say before falling backwards onto the hard pavement, the body following on top of him. With his eyes closed, he groaned at the aching pain that suddenly overcame him. Before his body could even protest the aspect of moving, he was already being pulled to his feet.

 

“Sorry about that,” a voice said quickly.

 

He opened his eyes to see the top of the perpetrator’s head in front of him. Her head was bowed down as she brushed off the dirt on his shirt. She had blonde hair, which was an unusual sight to see here in Korea unless one was famous. He briefly wondered if she was an idol—after all, Kyung Hee University was known for their fair share of celebrity students, and it did seem extra crowded today, which was often a sign that someone special had decided to grace the student body with their presence.

 

She lifted her head and looked up at him. She didn’t look like any familiar celebrities he was aware of—but her gaze still caused his breath to hitch.

 

She’s breathtaking.

 

“I didn’t see you coming. Sorry again,” she said, but her words fell on deaf ears as he found himself too caught up. The sun shined brightly behind her, creating a halo around her golden hair.

 

She’s beautiful.

 

“Okay…” she said awkwardly as he continued to wordlessly stare at her, as if in some kind of trance. “Bye now.”

 

She’s gone.

 

 

Kang Daesung was walking briskly out of the Coffee Bean, excited to tell his friends about his strange encounter with who he was calling, his “Coffee Savior Girl,” when he suddenly came face to face with a seemingly awestruck Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Oh hyung, there you are! Man, you missed the coolest thing! So I ordered our coffees right? Just as I turned to leave, some guy bumps into me and I drop the—”

 

“Yeah, sounds great,” Jiyong interrupted. His mind was still on the beautiful girl that ran off before he could even get her name. He was trying to focus on keeping the vivid image of her in his mind for future reference as he would soon go searching for her.

 

“No, seriously! Listen to this. So I dropped the tray of coffee, right? And right before it hits the grou—”

 

“I think I met an angel,” Jiyong said in a daze.

 

Daesung, stopping mid-sentence, raised his eyebrow. “Pardon?”

 

Jiyong shook his head. “I just met the girl of my dreams, Daesungie.”

 

Daesung rolled his eyes. As he opened his mouth to reply, he heard a deep voice come up from behind him.

 

“I thought you met the girl of your dreams at Teddy hyung’s party last month.”

 

Daesung turned around to see his tall friend walking towards them.

 

“What was her name again? Jina? Or was it Sohee?” Choi Seunghyun recalled in amusement. This declaration of utter infatuation with the supposed “girl of Jiyong’s dreams” was a common reoccurrence—at least once a month.

 

“No, no. Those two were way back then. I think this might have been Kiko,” Daesung chimed in. “Before that it was Yoona.”

 

“Do you remember Sulli?” Seunghyun laughed. “Ji was ready to get down on one knee for her before he found out she was only a high school student crashing a college party.” Seunghyun thought back to that night, remembering Jiyong’s utter shock and despair at the

Please log in to read the full chapter