Friendly Conversation

The World As They Know It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Friendly Conversation | II

 

“Tell me your name,” she asked the girl with the long red hair. The trio had just arrived in Seoul only an hour ago, and were now cooped up in their hotel room.

 

“Park Bom,” the girl replied, tossing her hair over her shoulder effortlessly. “I’m twenty-three years old and have been living in the U.S. for the past six years. I came back to become a musical theater actress.” The girl then began belting out operatic riffs, demonstrating her real vocal ability.

 

She raised her eyebrow at the girl now known as Park Bom, who in turn, grinned at her sheepishly.

 

“Just kidding.”

 

Although they’d been training together all their lives, the free-spirited redhead was somehow able to develop her own sense of humor and individualism—unlike herself, whom the redhead once said was “only a organ away from being General Sosa.” She wasn’t sure if it was something she admired about her fellow agent, but she determined that the redhead’s unique traits were only due to never taking training as seriously as she did—which was something she did not approve of.

 

She turned to the young girl who fashioned a short black bob. “And yours?”

 

The youngest member of the covert team sat up straight as she answered her team leader. “Gong Minji, twenty years old and I’ve lived in Seoul all my life.”

 

She felt a slight uneasiness towards the raven haired girl. The young agent was still relatively fresh out of training and there was the slightest hesitation in all of her actions. This made her curious, due to the girl supposedly having been at the top of her class during training. She pondered this occasionally, but usually came to the conclusion of her still trying to adjust to the job. After all, no matter how well-simulated missions were in training, it couldn’t compare to the real deal.

 

“And my name is Lee Chaerin,” she told them. “I am twenty-two years old. I studied abroad in France for four years before coming back due to visa issues.” The blonde grabbed her laptop and reread details on the case for the third time. She hated being ill-prepared.

 

“From now on, we will refer to each other by our aliases only. Tomorrow, we’ll begin our first day at Kyung Hee University. Our objective is to find Yang Sandara and get close with her. After reading up her profile, this is what we know about her,” she handed out copies of the profile ORG had composed of Yang Sandara thus far.

 

“She’s twenty-three years old, and a law major—as are we. She doesn’t seem to have many friends—if any at all. This will likely mean she’ll be evasive to any attempts at initiating conversation.”

 

“Remember not to come on too strongly,” the blonde who is now known as Lee Chaerin, looked up from her laptop and turned to Park Bom and Gong Minji.

 

“We don’t want any suspicious behavior getting back to her father.”

 

 

Lee Chaerin looked around at her surroundings as she wandered through every nook and cranny that was Kyung Hee University. The girls had arrived on campus nearly an hour ago, and had split up soon after. Bom had class with Sandara first, so she’d gone to class early, hoping to get a seat right next to her. Minzy did not have any classes with Sandara today, but attended her classes anyway to keep up the ruse of being an actual student there.

 

Chaerin’s class didn’t start for another hour, but she came earlier anyway to familiarize herself with her new environment. To her left, she saw two girls sitting on a nearby bench lookin

Please log in to read the full chapter