Fearless

Fearless
" Fearless "

           You were standing in front of a full body mirror, glancing at yourself from side to side, seeing how this newly bought floral dress would look on you. To be honest, you were never thin yet you were never fat either. You’re just a simple looking young lady, quite chubby in deed as clearly displayed by your plump cheeks, average of height and of average skin complexion as well. You might look darker than most girls around you but your skin tone emits a y radiance, which is by fact, greatly in contrast with your cute and adorable face.

            A little smile slowly formed in your lips as you see yourself in that mirror. Yes you are not one of the prettiest, you’re not one of those slender looking models but in deed, you got yourself one hot boyfriend.

            You can’t even explain why he liked you; you don’t even understand what he liked in you on the first place. Commonly, for a guy like him, he will choose the slender one with a much better taste in fashion. Most likely he’ll pick the tall, y one with a beauty that can astonish any living and breathing man. But he didn’t. Instead, he chose the simple one, the opposite of all those things mentioned earlier.

            You can also say that you were taken by surprise when he suddenly asked you out on the first time. Who would’ve expected that a girl like you would date a guy like him? You just feel really blessed for having him, and you treasured him a lot. He is surely busy, not to mention almost all the time, but you got the longest, most enduring patience ever in this world, so it was never really a problem.

            You two just make a perfect match.

            As you’re starting to climb down the stairs from your room, you felt a sudden vibration from your purse. It took a second for you to realize that somebody’s already calling you.

            You hurriedly grabbed your phone and pressed the green button, realizing it too late that you didn’t even look at the callers I.D. You just silently prayed that hopefully, you could recognize the person calling by simply listening to his or her voice.

            You were about to speak to the phone when the caller beat you at it.

            “Yoboseyo?” the person in the other line said, making your heart skip a beat.

            Thank God, your little wish was granted. You did recognize the caller by his voice. What you are more grateful about is that you already knew exactly who he is just by his first word.

            “Jagiya, gwenchana?” the person in the other line spoke once again, noticing your long pause.

            “N-ne.” you answered timidly. You love it every time he calls you “Jagiya.” It sounds sweet and the way he says the word makes it even sweeter, if that is still possible.

            “Is something the matter?” the person in the other line asked once more, in his husky and tender voice that immediately turned your face into a deep shade of crimson.

            My goodness, he’s only talking with you in the phone but you’re already fluttering from all the butterflies dancing around in your belly.

            “No. I’m perfectly fine.” You answered shortly, feeling really shy and nervous towards him even if your conversation is just through a phone call.

            “Okay.” He answered. “Don’t be too nervous, jagi, it’s gonna be okay.”

            You giggled, thinking that he misunderstood all your stuttering as a sign that you are worried to be seen in public with him. Actually you aren’t, but you can’t just admit to him bluntly that the reason why you are feeling nervous is because of him and his undeniably overwhelming presence. And yes, even through a phone call, you are still feeling that way.

            “That’s more like it.” He said. “I love seeing you smile more. Are you ready? I’m about to park right in front of your house.”

            “L-like, right now?” your stuttering suddenly came back. You gave yourself a mental slap because of that, scolding yourself, thinking that you must keep your cool and don’t mess up, especially now that he’s already in front of your house.

            You heard a car parked.

            “Yep, I’m here.” He said and your heart started to beat uncontrollably.

           You looked at yourself one last time in your mirror by your living room and took a deep breath before the doorbell finally made its delightful ding.

            “I’m getting it!” you yelled so that your mom would know.

            Opening the door with your heart pounding madly in your chest, you’re suddenly taken aback by two arms immediately enveloping you into a tight embrace.

           You made a surprised yelp.

           “I’m sorry.” The person chuckled. “I guess I startled you too much. I just miss you, jagi.” He said tenderly.

           You finally relaxed in his arms and returned the hug.

            “I missed you too.” You answered softly, feeling his heartbeat to be just as fast as yours.

            “Kyungsoo-ah!” your mom finally interrupted your sweet moment by suddenly popping out from the kitchen with her apron still on and a spatula in her left hand.

            You broke the hug.

            “Omonim.” Kyungsoo answered and made a polite bow towards your mother.

            Your mom didn’t hesitate but hug him as well, right away.

            “I’m sorry if I smell like fried stuffs but I just hurriedly turned off the stove and made my way towards the door knowing that its you coming in, Kyungsoo-ah.” Your mom said, excitement in her voice is evident. “How are you, my dear?”

            “I’m great, Omonim. Thank you so much for the warm welcome.” Kyungsoo said while his face radiate with a smile.

            “Oh right, I gotta finish cooking. And you two lovebirds stay here for lunch before you go out, okay? I made delicious lunch just for Kyungsoo here!” then your mom gave a playful wink and hurriedly went back to the kitchen.

            “Oh~ umma.” You unknowingly whined and puckered your lips, seeing your mom act like she’s the one meeting her boyfriend.

            “Kiyeowo.” Kyungsoo said and pinched your cheek.

            You felt hot blood rushed to your face all of a sudden.

            “Y-yah.” You said and hid your face beneath your bangs, feeling shy because you blush too much. “Let’s take a seat.” You said and motioned for the both of you to sit down in your sofa.

            “You look really pretty in your dress, jagi.” He said while you can’t even look at him in the eye.

            You simply smiled and answered “Kamsahamnida.”

            You noticed his plump lips pouting.

            “You don’t miss me do you?” he suddenly asked in a tone brought down by a few notches.

            “A-ani!” you immediately answered. “Of course I missed you.”

            His face suddenly lightened and he emits a chuckle.

            “I thought you didn’t since your not even looking at me.” He said brushing off some stray hair behind your ear. “You are truly beautiful today, jagi. Now, will you look at me?” he asked but his hand already cupped your chin and brought it up so that you both are facing each other. You felt your cheeks slowly turn red again.

            “See, you’re not just looking beautiful in your dress, you’re also really blooming today. Why won’t you let me see you, huh?”

           He said with his face full of worries. You suddenly feel bad for being all shy towards him. How could you be like that when you rarely see each other?

           “Mianhe.” You said and gave him an apologetic look.

           Now that you finally see him in the eye, you can’t help but admit that those big, round and honest eyes he got, clearly speak of love. That love dedicated for you only, and the only eyes that can see through you as well.

           Your lips suddenly curved upwards, knowing that what you will do is something very courageous, most especially because you are still in the vicinity of your parents’ house, but you know that it is the right thing to do. So you mustered up all your bravery and slowly leaned forward, giving him a chaste kiss.      

           “I miss you more, oppa.” You whispered and gave him a tight hug.

           Kyungsoo can’t help but just be glad. That’s what he loves about you. You might be shy but deep down inside, you are bold and maybe even more than he is. He is thinking you might not be the prettiest one out there but in his eyes you are one of a kind, unique and that what makes you, the most amazing girl in this world, for him.

           He just loves you.

           No more questions, no more doubts.

           He loves you, just the way you are.

 

            “Ahem.” You heard your mom suddenly said and the both of you immediately pulled back. “You two lovebirds save your hugs and kisses for later okay?” then she giggled. “Lunch is ready!”

            Kyungsoo and you just looked at each other for a moment before breaking into chuckles. 

 

fin.

 

Author's Note:

I would love to hear your comments guys :) Please let me know of what you think about my one shot. 

Thank you so much for reading~ till my next story!

-masqueofcrimson