Prt 3

.....I Like You

School was over but I had 10 minutes to get to homeroom for late night. I’ve always hated late night, getting home so late that I have no time for my social life and then school again early in the morning. I walked out of the library, my book in hand and closing the door behind me. It was raining and I didn’t have my umbrella, the forecast didn’t say anything about rain. I walked through the foyer as the tiny droplets caressed my skin, dripping down my face slowly to my chin. I used the book as a shield and quickly made my way to my locker. The wind was blowing and the coldness made it hard for me as I struggled with turning the lock to the right combination. After a few tries the lock finally clicked and I opened the locker, getting my bag and stuffing a bunch of stationery supplies and books inside.

“YAH!”

My heart skipped a beat and I turned around quickly in response to the yell. It was a few girls from my homeroom and they didn’t look too happy.

“What makes you so special, huh?!” the one named Kat screamed at me.

I clenched my bag and backed up into the row of lockers behind me. She walked forward and stood in front of me.

“Who do you think you are?” she whispered in my ear as she reached her hand around my neck.

I just stood there, speechless. The other two girls just standing under the pavilion watching with their arms crossed.

“Get her bag!” Kat screamed at one of the girls.

She walked over, yanking the bag from my arms and going through it. She tossed out a few books and some paper as if she was looking for something. After being unsatisfied, she threw my bag into the wet and muddy grass.  

“YAH! What the hell was that for?!” I screamed at them.

Kat stood there without a word, she examined me for awhile. She took some of my hair between her fingers.

“Ah such beautiful black hair” She smirked, “such a shame, it won’t be for long”

She grabbed my hair with two hands and threw me into the mud. She stood over me, bent over and slapped me in the face as I tried to get up. The rain was falling harder now and the sun was starting to set. I crawled to my knees but she pushed me back down into the mud, trapped and too exhausted to try to move again. One of the other girls started to walk over; in her hands I noticed she had a pair of silver scissors. She grabbed me by my head and snipped a piece of my hair. The tears started rushing down my face, blending in with the rain. My cries were being ignored and muffled by the screaming. Kat walked over and pushed my face down into the mud and threw out a few curse words for my ears to catch and deliver like a bouquet of flowers. She kicked me a few times in the rib cage and she was finally done as she called for the other girls and walked off. I laid there, curled up into a ball. The cries and tears coming out more than ever as the pain shot through my body. The rain started falling harder, hitting my skin as if it hated me too. The darkness flooded the atmosphere and I was there left alone and helpless. I was weak and cold, just crying and hoping someone would hear me calling out for some kind of help.

“Kris!?” Someone in the distance called out, I couldn’t see who it was.

I heard shoes hitting the concrete, running over into the grass. They turned me over on my back, my hands covering my face, catching every single tear that fell. They moved my hands and wiped my face with a jacket, it was Joe.

“Are you okay?” He asked frantically, “What happened?”

He took me into his arms, the rain soaking the both of us as we embraced. I cried into his shoulder and he held me tightly, rocking back and forth.

“Let’s go” He helped me up and put his jacket around me as we walked to his car.

He helped me in the passenger side and started the car. We drove off into the night. I was curled up in my seat, the tears started to slow. I looked over at Joe, his face content and keeping an eye on the road.

“Where are we going?” I sniffled.

“My place” he said.

A few moments later we arrived at his apartment. He helped me out of the car and walked me up to the second floor where he stayed. He opened the door and we walked in.

“My parents are at a benefit so you can stay here for awhile” He smiled.

“Thanks” I said.

He gave me some clothes, “Go change”.

I walked into the bathroom and the water in the shower and washed the mud away. I dried off and changed into the t-shirt and shorts he handed me.

I walked out into the living room and Joe was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels on the TV. I sat next to him and shot a smile at him.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m pretty hungry” I giggled.  

We walked into the kitchen and I took a seat at the table. He handed me a bowl of rice and some kimchi jjigae. I ate the food as he sat across the table watching me eat it all. I was so full. He moved to the seat next to me and stared into my eyes. He made me blush and I looked down.

“Kris..” He said.

“Yeah?” I looked back up at him

“…..I Like you” He smiled at me.

I smiled so hard that I thought my mouth would rip, I was so excited.

“I like you too!” I replied.

I gave him a huge hug. I looked at the clock over by the stove and saw it was past 1 a.m, I needed to get home.

“Can you take me home?”

“Sure” He smiled.

We walked out to the car together and he opened the door for me. We arrived at my house a few minutes later. I got out of the car.

“Bye” I smiled and walked to the door.

I heard the car door shut, “Wait, kris!” he said as he ran after me.

I turned around and he grabbed me into a long embrace with his soft lips on mine.

“I’ll see you later,” He let go and smiled.

“Yupp, see ya later” I blushed.

He walked back to his car and drove off. I walked into my house with the best feeling ever.

Love.

__________________________

Thanks for reading! :D