Too Late

Too Late

Author's POV

"I never want to see you again. Get out." Yoora's boyfriend said to her. She felt her heart breaking into millions. How could he say that? They were the most loving couple ever.

"But I thought you-" He cut her off.

"Love you?" He mocked. You nodded.

"Oh please. Why would I love a bimbo like you? Everything was just a show. The final episode was getting into your pants. That's the main point of our relationship, to get into your pants." He smirked. She felt so crushed. She had given her first time to a beast.

"You bastard!!" She shouted as she raised her arms to slap him.

"Bastard? Well blame yourself for falling for a bastard then. Don't ever think of laying a finger on me. You stupid bimbo!" He grabbed her arm and dragged her out of his home forcefully. Yoora was crying her heart out.

"Stupid beast!!!" She banged on his front door. He did not give a damn about her at all. The neighbours could complain for all he care.

"What do I do now?..." She sobbed into her palms. 

She thought of her best friend, Daehyun's words. How he warned her that that guy wasn't a good guy. Yoora wanted to believe him but she loved that guy too much. Love not only is blind, it apparently made her deaf as well (not literally).

She was too ashamed to face Daehyun. She couldn't. 

He will be there saying 'I told you so.' She thought. She didn't need to have another person making fun of her.

For the next few days, Yoora was really affected by that incident. She couldn't concentrate in classes, tests and her after school activities. How could she not be affected? Losing her V card was a huge blow to her, especially losing it to an . She could only blame herself for her simple-minded thinking, thinking that that bastard heart was sincere and neglecting her best friend's words.

One day, Yoora saw him with another girl, a ier and prettier one. When their eyes met, he kissed and hugged the other girl and touched her at all the places Yoora would have felt really uncomfortabe if she was in her shoes. That girl seemed to enjoy it though, she was smirking at Yoora. Yoora's heart felt like it has been stabbed with a sharp knife. Why did he have to do that to her? She really loved him...

Yoora was so deep in thoughts which distracted her to a large extent that she injured herself during her ballet routine while practicing those high level jumps. She missed her footing and fell flat. She was preparing to enter the competition with that piece... for that bastard because he had encouraged her to do so just so that he could spend more time with other girls while she practiced. How naive...

 

"What happened Darling? Why are you so careless? It's not you to be careless to this extent." Her parents immediately flew from China to visit their only daughter.

"Umma... The doctor said I would never be able to dance like I did ever again..." She broke down in front of her parents by which her actions has shocked them. To them, her daughter was always laughing and smiling. She led a good life since young. To have something this bad happen to her was like taking her life away. Ballet is her life but now, it will only be past tense, she would never be able to compete or dance as gracefully as before.

"What happened? How did you trip?" Her Umma asked.

"I was distracted..." She muttered.

"By what? From what I knew, my girl was always strong and would always give her two hundred percent when she's dancing. Something must have happened..." Her Appa said. She looked away, feeling beyond guilty.

"Tell us? We'll help you... We promise." Her father said to her. She then decided to tell the truth. Her parents would always be by her side right? WRONG!

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?! HAVING WITH A GUY YOU BARELY WENT OUT WITH FOR SIX MONTHS?!" Her father slapped her across her cheek.

"You promised..." Yoora cried as she cupped her left cheek.

"This is different! How could you do something so low to that extent? We're from a respectable family background! You know how conservative we are when it comes to this! Despite our warnings and all, you still went ahead with him? What is actually going on in that head of yours? Did we raise you to behave like that?!" Her father shouted.

"Appa-" Her father cut her off.

"What would people think of our family if this leaks out?! That we have no clue on how to bring up our child, that our family is cheap! You study in Seoul's top school, you attend ballet lessons under the most recognized dance school and this is how you behave? I'm so disappointed with you Kim Yoora!" He burst.

Yoora looked down in guilt. Her father was right. She is indeed a disappointment to her family. 

"Appa-" She wanted to apologize for her mistakes but her father cut her off. Again.

"Don't call me Appa. You're not fit to be my daughter. I did not raise a disappointment." He said coldly and walked out of the hospital ward.

"Umma! I'm sorry!" Yoora shouted. Her mother gave her a disappointed look and followed her father out. That night was the coldness night ever. One moment she was gifted with everything, family, talent and love and the next moment, everything was stripped off her. She was left with nothing. 

After a few days, she was discharged and she went back home. Alone. Daehyun didn't know about it.

For someone who had everything, she was now someone who had nothing, or so she thought. She knew she wasn't strong enough to face this alone. Little did she know she had someone who was willing to stand by her no matter what happens.

 

Daehyun's POV

"Yah Bunny! Where are you? Why are you not picking up?!" I frowned when I tried calling her for the millionth time. Bunny was a nickname I gave my best friend, Yoora because she is a bubbly and cheerful person.

Something must have happened. I just know it. She wouldn't not pick up my calls! I don't remember us having any fights before other than that time we were talking about that boyfriend of hers. Stupid! Why must she go out with him! That guy takes away all the time she has with me. 

She's the nicest person I've ever met. She was the only one that talked to me when no one else did because I was socially awkward like that. I didn't like talking to people I don't trust in fear people might hurt me but she kept talking to me, not giving up. I then started to like her around me and I eventually started talking to her. I really admire how bubbly of a person she is and that's how we became best friends. That was five years ago. I thought I'm her best friend? Why is she not answering my calls? It couldn't be because of that quarrel right? No. She's not that petty. 

I comtemplated on whether to visit her house or not for the past few days. I was afraid that her boyfriend was with her and I don't want to see how loving they are together or worst, find out that she's not home but at that guy's house.

To be honest, I have never approved of their relationship. There was something wrong about that guy. I just know it but she always seem so happy with him, the way she looks at him, the way she smiles at him, the way she talks and laughs with him showed how much she loved him, something I could never witness when she was with another person. 

I was taking a break from gymming, to distract myself from my thoughts when I received a phone call. My face lighted up when I saw her face appearing on my screen.

"Yah Bunny! I called you for a million times! Why didn't you answer? About that incident, I'm sorry okay?" I said the moment I answered, not giving her a chance to talk.

"Daehyun ah~" She called me. 

"Yah, are you okay? You sound funny." I asked, feeling worried.

"Thank you for being my best friend. I'll never forget you." She suddenly said.

"Yah! What's going on?! Why are you crying? Why are you suddenly saying these things?!" I asked, not having a good feeling.

"Daehyun ah... You were right. I should have listened to you... I lost everything already... I have nothing now..." She cried.

"What happened? Even if you lose everything, you'll still have me!" I said.

"Daehyun ah~ I..." She stopped.

"You what?!" I questioned.

"I slept with him..." She confessed. My heart shattered into a million pieces. I said nothing.

"He broke up with me the next morning..." She sobbed.

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

"I told Appa and Umma the truth... They disowned me... I'm such a disappointment to them..." She said.

"Yah yah.. You're not a disappointment. Where are you? I'll be there soon." I said.

"Don't bother. I'm not worth it." She said.

"JUST TELL ME WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!!!" I shouted.

"Home... Don't need to shout, grandpa." She laughed but I could hear the bitterness and sadness in her laughter.

"I'm coming. You better don't do anything funny or stupid I'm warning you or I'll never ever forgive you." I said.

"Don't-" She said.

"Hello?! Bunny?! Yoora?!" I said, ! My phone went dead. I hurriedly called for a cab and made my way there.

In less than fifteen minutes, I arrived at her home. I rang the doorbell repeatedly but there was no answer. I took the spare key she gave it to me to unlock the door. Since she was staying alone, she passed one to me claiming that she would be too lazy to open the door since I visited her very frequently.

"YAHH!!! KIM YOORA!!!" I shouted as I saw her lifeless body lying on the couch. There were pills spilled all over the table and a bottle of wine. On her right hand, she was holding a knife and there were slits on her left wrist. The sight broke my heart. It was like she was doing everything she could so that she could die.

"Wake up!!!! I TOLD YOU I'LL NOT FORGIVE YOU IF YOU DO ANYTHING STUPID RIGHT?! WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!" I started tearing. I rarely cried.

My eyes then caught sight of a piece of paper and a picture of us.

Dearest Bestie,

I know how much you hate me calling you that because it's so girly but let me call you this for the last time. You're my bestest friend I could ever have. I will always remember all our memories together, how you stood up for me when I was bullied, how we shared ice cream, how you always steal my food, even the times we sat and did nothing together, I'll remember all of them.

I know you would find me because you're stubborn like that. 

I'm too weak to face reality Daehyun ah. Suddenly everything is taken away from me. I cannot do this alone. It hurts so much.... I don't know how to face the world, I don't know how to face you after what I've done. I should have listened to you... You were right. That guy was no good. I don't know how to live on. For someone who had everything to nothing...

I'm sorry for leaving the world like this. I know you said you won't forgive me but please, forgive this bunny bestie of yours? Thank you for everything... If fate allows, I would still want to be best friends with you in the next life. Promise me you'll live well and look after my parents for me. Thank you.

Love,
Your Bestie, Yoora

I held on to the piece of paper and the picture close to my heart. I was too late. If only I noticed everything earlier she wouldn't be gone.... 

"Bunny ah~ You didn't even give me a chance to confess to you, to take care of you... I love you...." I cried so much that night, more than I've ever cried in my entire life.

 

END! Hope I did okay for this oneshot!

A small note inspired me to write this oneshot. I can't remember word for word but its something close to this logic.

Don't end a life, the ones whos' suffering would be the ones who are living.