End

The Next Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 35

End

 

 

Sulli walked on the bridge going to the core.

“It’s finally time for you to rest.” said Sulli as she reached for the decaying core.

Sulli held the old core as the old core quickly became black, Sulli chanted a spell to release the core on her chest.

It was a painful process for Sulli.

Minho took a step to go to Sulli but Master Cha shouted stopping him.

“No! Stay on your position. Nobody moves. This is Sulli’s battle. We move, the pond will rose up again, the call is broken…do you understand? We only have one chance at this…so hold your ground…let Sulli fight this.”

Sulli fell to her knees in pain as the core slowly went out of her body. The pain is too much and Sulli is screaming in pain. Sunny closed her eyes. Everyone wanted to run to Sulli and help her…but nobody is allowed to move from their places.

Sulli’s  eyes went all white and then her body floated in the air. Blue light all over her body. And then an intense white light emanated from Sulli’s chest. Slowly, the circle saw where the light is coming from as the stone went out of Sulli’s body.

Slowly, the black stone floated going inside Sulli’s chest. And then the bright crystal that went out of Sulli’s body replaced the previous diamond. Sulli’s body fell to the rock bridge slowly.

“Stay on your places.” Said Master Cha as some of the circle members almost ran towards Sulli.

Sulli’s eyes slowly returned to normal. She tried to stand up and walked in front of the crystal.

She then started a chant.

“From the far corners of Zaruum I have gathered the Circle of the Diamond. The Black Dragon, Minho. The Centaur Knight Seungwon, The Ace Knight Kris, The Lion shifter Chanyeol, The White Dragon TOP, the sorcerer Sunny, the Water Shifter Luhan and the Healer Kai.

Small water bubbles appeared in front of the circle members one bubble each.

“These bubble need a drop of our blood.” Said Master Cha

Everyone cut or bit themselves and then dropped the blood on the water bubble. And then the bubbles in front of each of them turned red…

“With their bloodlines as forseen on the Anhate prophesy…I call on the next bloodline which will rule Zaruum.”

The water bubbles turned blue and lighten up. And then the bubbles flew up and joined together to form a large water bubble. The blue light is swirling inside the bubble.

And then the light from the bubble burst out going to the crystal.

“Please show us the next bloodline that would lead Zaruum.” Shouted Sulli

All the rocks the Circle was stepping on suddenly had blue lights on and then the crystal seemed to be pulling all the lights from the stone. And then like a beam of blue light the crystal emitted blue light straight above the tunnel and then slowly the light beam descended into...

TOP.

“What does this mean?” asked Sunny

“TOP’s bloodline…is the next bloodline…” said Sulli “And TOP…is the next King.”

“White…dragons will lead Zaruum?” asked Chanyeol

Writings on the ceiling of the tunnel appeared.

“He who is born in the middle of black and white…he who is of Light and is of Dark…he who is key to forgiveness….and healing of curses…he will reign as King…and his bloodline will lead Zaruum.”

“I don’t understand….isn’t TOP a White Dragon?” asked Sunny

It now made perfect and clear sense. TOP’s existence now made perfect sense! But why him? He betrayed the circle…he never wanted to lead…even in the White Dragon Laird he never wanted to lead the dragons…and eve pushed back anything that deals with responsibility towards the clan…So why him?

Sulli noticed the confusion in TOP’s eyes.

“Because you will be the symbol of choice.” Said Sulli “between good or bad…between right or wrong…between white or black…You can choose who you want to be…and that’s what you are going to show the Kingdom you are going to lead.”

TOP looked around him. Everyone also looked shocked.

“I did not want this, I assure you.” Said TOP

And then another writing appeared on the ceiling.

“This is the  prophesy when the last of your bloodline dies…to prepare for the next bloodline after you.” Said Master Cha.

Sunny chanted a spell and the prophesy went to her sorcery stick.

“The shield just broke…the enemy has now entered the center of the Kingdom.” Said Minho

“We need to fight.” Said Kris. Kris faced TOP. “At your command you Highness.” Kris bowed.

“Is that effective now?” asked TOP

“Yes…Your highness.” Everyone knelt down before TOP.

TOP shook his head. A lot of things happening in his mind all at once.

TOP took a deep breath. “Stand up.”

“The enemy is strong…if we fight…there is no assurance of safety.” Said TOP.

“That is true, Your Highness. But the enemy will not stop until Zaruum is doomed. We can’t allow that.” Said Master Cha

“I together with the circle are willing to fight beside you, Your Highness.” Said Sulli

Kai and Luhan nodded.

It will be one big battle.

“Then we will fight.” Said TOP. TOP looked at Sulli.

“I don’t know if I can ever do this right…” sad TOP “I feel I am not fit to be a King.”

“Even Elder Faha has said you had potential to lead…you just never wanted to.” Said Sulli “I think it’s because you don’t care about anything else that time…but now…you care…now there are people and things that you protect…you take responsibilities now…this time…you’re ready.”

Sunny smiled at TOP.

“Sulli is right. We’ll be here behind you. We will fight with you, Your Highness.”  Said Sunny

Minho nodded.

“You are going to fight too? Even if it is against your own blood?” asked TOP

“Yes.” Said Minho “I am protecting something important to me which my sister is ought to destroy….” Minho looked at Sulli. Sulli smiled at Minho knowingly without words.

“And I want to protect Zaruum for her…I want to fulfill my promise to her…and I will never be able to do that if Zaruum is destroyed.” Said Minho

Sulli looked at TOP. TOP’s brows are raising. He is definitely not liking Minho’s cheesy words. He can still afford to be lovey dovey in this situation.

Chanyeol looked away. He can see the warmth on Sulli and Minho’s eyes … that simple glimpse with each other, tells Chanyeol that he stands no chance…for Sulli…He will just remain to be a close friend…

Sulli suddenly fell on her knees.

“Sulli!” shouted Chanyeol

Minho was instantly beside Sulli even before Chanyeol can reach her.

Sulli looked up at Minho. Blood flowing out of Sulli’s lips. Minho’s eyes widen.

“What’s happening?” asked Minho. Minho touched Sulli’s cheek and it’s ice cold.

“Master Cha…what is happening?” shouted Minho.

Kai ran towards Sulli, Chanyeol moved aside to give way to Kai.

Kai checked Sulli’s pulse.

“It’s very slow…abnormally slow.” Said Kai

“Sulli’s body has been exposed to too much pain when the new core left her body. She’s been fighting it for a long time. And now…the decayed core is her energy.” Said Master Cha

“We can’t let her be like this Master.” Said Chanyeol “We need to stop this.”

And then they felt something close to an earquake.

“The battle has started.” Said Minho

“I will be fine.” Said Sulli “Go Minho… the enemies has penetrated the shield…my sister is in danger…Zaruum is in danger.” Said Sulli

Sulli reached her hand to TOP’s direction and TOP went to Sulli. Sulli held TOP’s hand.

“Protect your Kingdom TOP…Your Zaruum’s King.” Said Sulli

TOP nodded.

“We will divide ourselves.” Said Master Cha

“I together with Kris will go and fight. Do you fight, Kai?” asked Master Cha

“I can only run.” Said Kai

“Then Luhan got with Kai. Protect him. Anyone wounded, heal them…Luhan cover for Kai.” Said Master Cha

Luhan nodded.

“Sunny,  TOP, you need to guard this tunnel. My sister will go for the core.” Said Minho

“Sulli has to be kept safe…she’s the only Faerie we have left in the kingdom…if we are to have hope that there could still be a core after TOP’s bloodline, Sulli has to survive this.” Said Kris

“That’s true.” Said Master Cha

“Chanyeol will stay with Sulli.” Said Minho

TOP’s can’t believe it. Minho will leave Sulli’s side?

“I will fight outside. I will face my sister.” Said Minho

Sulli tried to rise. “Minho is right. There’s a bigger chance for Zaruum to survive if Muklan is fought with someone as strong as her.” Said Sulli “Minho has the better chance to win against her.”

“We need to hurry.” Said Luhan

Everyone started to go out of the room. Minho carried Sulli behind him. Chanyeol behind them.

“Promise me you’ll be safe.” whispered Sulli. “Promise me you’ll be fine after the battle.”

Minho looked back at Sulli. “As long as You’re there. I will survive.” Said Minho

Chanyeol took a deep breath.

As soon as everyone is out of the tunnel, Master Cha gave last instructions.

“You be careful Sulli.” Master Cha hugged Sulli.  “This soon will be over. And once it is…I want you to have a good life Sulli…you deserve it…I have seen how much you had to go through for Zaruum.”

Sulli hugged Master Cha back. “Please be careful, Master. I can’t lose a father for a second time.” Said Sulli.

Master Cha felt something stuck in his throat as he pulled back. And then he ran to the field with Kris.

“We’ll be going ahead.” Said Kai looking at the fire and destruction all around. “It seems there’s a lot of work for a healer like me.”

“And I need to protect him as he does his work.” Said Luhan

Sulli nodded. “Be careful you two.”

“You be careful Sulli.” Said Kai.

Kai and Luhan ran ahead.

“We’ll stay here.” said TOP

“We’ll guard this place so that they can not get their hands on the core.” Said Sunny

Minho faced Sulli. “I’ll see you later.” Said Minho

Sulli nodded. Minho spread his wings ready to fly when Sulli pulled him back and kissed him on the lips.

“Come back for me.” Said Sulli

Minho hugged Sulli tightly burying his face on Sulli’s neck. And then he flew away.

“We need to hide Sulli.” Said Chanyeol.

“No Chanyeol, We need to find my sister.” Said Sulli

----------------------

Sulli climbed the stairs…her body is slowing her down but she needs to reach her sister.

“Sulli!” Dhara ran towards Sulli “I am glad you are fine. Have you called the next bloodline?” asked Dhara

“Yes.” Said Sulli “The King is a half white half black dragon.”

“Great….we have a strong king…” said Dhara

Dhara coughed and then Sulli saw a large wound in Dhara’s side.

“Sister…what happened to you?” asked Sulli worried. There is blood on Dhara’s side!

“When the dragons broke the shield…as the shield tore…it wounded me too.” Said Dhara

“We need to bring you to Kai.” Said Sulli

“You can’t go out Sulli.” Said Chanyeol.

“We need Kai, Chanyeol.” Said Sulli

Sulli went to the window and saw Master Cha transformed into a centaur fighting the wolves. Kris also fighting the wolves with his sword.

“Kris! We need you!” shouted Sulli

Kris felt his mark burning.

“Go ahead, I’ll try to handle this.” Said Master Cha

“Be careful, Master.” Said Kris

Kris left he field and ran to the palace.

“Please protect my sister, Kris…she needs to find Kai. She’s wounded.” Said Sulli

Kris saw the Princess’ wound. “I’ll lead her to Kai.” Kris immediately carried the Dhara.

“Be careful.” Said Sulli “You’ll be fine sister. Kai is a great healer. And Kris will protect you.”

Dhara looked at Sulli. “I don’t know why I have ever thought there is a greater love than the love of a family.” Said Dhara “Thank you Sulli.”

Sulli is confused. But Kris already walked on.

----------------------

Kris ran escaping attacks. A wolf almost bit him on his back.

“Wolf!” shouted Dhara

Kris slashed the wolf with his sword as Dhara’s feet touched the ground.

“Are you all right Princess?” asked Kris

This is the first time that Dhara has been protected this much by someone aside from Minho.

Kris saw an approaching Wolf and Kris stood before the Princess slashing throug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter