004.

Vendetta [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

HI! :D So I present to you a very long update because it's been a while and it'll be a longer while for chapter 5 since college has started for me so yeah :)) This chapter is long that it contains two chapters but yeah I merged it because 005 is already written [well halfway written] so yep i think this is 3k+ words. :) Enjoy~

PS Happy Birthday Vendetta :))


     "Hey Sohee, have you heard?"

     The said girl stopped wiping the plates momentarily to shake her head. She then continued what she was doing earlier. "No Yeonju, heard about what?"

     Yeonju turned off the faucet and faced her companion, wiping her hand on the skirt of her apron. "Magnolia's council has finished gathering their mages!" she squealed.

     "Shh!" Sohee shushed the younger. She then raised her eyebrow as she put away the last of the plates she was wiping. "So? What does that mean?"

     "It means," Yeonju said, emphasizing the word 'means' while taking both of Sohee's wrists. "that we might actually have the chance to get out of here!"

     "Keep it down, Yeonju!" A voice scolded. The two turned to the door and saw Junhee. Junhee scoffed as she entered the room and put away the dust pan and broom she was holding. "But please, like that would happen."

     "Junhee is right." The three turned to the door where Junhee had entered and saw their master. They bowed as she entered.

     "Madame," they greeted.

     "What is it I hear about the council and mages?" Hyoyoung asked calmly.

     "I-I just heard it when I went to the village market this morning," Yeonju stuttered. She was looking at anything but her master. "P-people were saying that the c-council has finished choosing their mages t-that were supposed to f-fight you."

     "Really now? Why would they fight me? I haven't done anything wrong... Yet," Hyoyoung mused. She was smirking as she thought to herself. She then turned to her three servants. "Thank you for that, Yeonju. Now get back to work, all of you! Don't waste time fantasizing of ever getting out of here because that certainly won't happen."

 

     With that, Hyoyoung went out of the kitchen, slamming the door close. The three ladies left, sighed. "What did we ever do to deserve a for a master?"

     “You know she might still hear you,” a new voice, Yuri, said in a ‘matter of fact’ tone as she and Kristine entered the kitchen from the back door.

     “Why does everyone keep on scolding me today?” Yeonju asked no one in particular.

     Kristine ruffled Yeonju’s hair. “We’re not scolding you. We just don’t want her to punish you again."


     "I see my sister is really selfish that she had to collect mages to fight for her," Hyoyoung told herself as she entered her enormous room.


     It was really big and spacious; ceiling high bookshelves were lined from one wall to the other on the left side of the door. On the right side of the door was a four post queen size bed of maroon sheets, pillowcases and blankets. The bed was positioned in such a way that it was parallel to the wall. About two meters away from the foot of the bed was a large study table made from Magnolia's finest oak. On it were stacks of paper and parchment and a lot of quills. Varnish coated the study table as well as the walls of the room. Now, the wall opposite the door- the other end of the room was shorter than the other walls. It had two diagonally lined walls on both ends connecting it to the other two walls. Against the short wall was a wardrobe. Beside the wardrobe was a full-length mirror.

     On the right diagonal wall was a door leading to a bathroom. Large glass windows with long velvet maroon curtains draped over them were on the short wall and the wall to its left. At the center of the room was a coffee table and in front of a bookshelf was a couch facing the table.

     "I haven't even started." Hyoyoung continued her musings as she sat on the couch. With a snap of her wrist the curtains were drawn to let some light in. It was late morning- just before noon- so the sun wasn't that high up yet. With her legs folded to her side, she side-laid on the couch with her head on the pillow and pouted, "I should have people for my own use then too."

     A few seconds later her face lit up. "Right! I've always wanted to try voodoo." She got up from the sofa and headed for the bookshelves. She looked for the right book and upon finding it, she pulled it out. Instead of coming out though, the bookshelf was separated from the other bookshelves as a door. She entered the dark room and with a snap of her fingers, light illuminated the room. The secret room contained different objects - from the most basic household things to talismans and amulets that she had made herself. There were also potions and ingredients witches used for their spells and other objects related to black magic.

     Hyoyoung went over to a cabinet and grabbed a lot of cloth, buttons, needles, and thread. She skipped out of the room - the door closing on its own with a soft click- and went over to the couch. She set the things on the coffee table and squealed in excitement. She started to draw an outline of a doll on the white cloth using a quiil on the table. When she was done, she cut the cloth following the outline and repeated the action to another piece of cloth. When she was finished cutting the pieces, she had an idea.

     “Sissy!” she yelled telepathically. She could feel her twin sister’s surprise as Hwayoung replied.

     “Hyoyoung?”

     “The one and only!” Hyoyoung said with pride. She started to sew on side of the cloths together so that they were joined, but not forgetting to leave a space for the stuffing. “How are you doing dear sister?” Hyoyoung asked.

     “What the do you want?”

     Hyoyoung was taken aback by her sister’s response. “Wow lil’ sis I didn’t know you curse now.” She laughed as she turned the sewn cloth right side out so that the outlines and stitches weren’t seen. She then started stuffing a lot of swatches into to the half sewn doll through the hole she left. “What happened to my sweet innocent Hwayoungie?”

     “She grew up.”

     Hyoyoung tried to stifle a laugh at her sister’s irritation. “But why?” she cooed as she sewed the doll close.

     “Well someone had to.”

     Hyoyoung knew that that statement was meant to hit her but she didn’t give a damn. “Anyway, I heard you actually gathered mages to fight me,” she said casually. She was now stitching a face onto the doll; a circle and an ‘X’ for its eyes, and a lot of lines for its mouth. She also stitched a line across the doll’s face from the right forehead to its left cheek.

     "So what?"

     Hyoyoung snorted at her twin's childish tone. "I thought you said you've grown up? Why the tone?" She had stitched lines on the middle of the body of the doll. She picked up a red retaso and cut it into a shape of a small heart. "Scared to face me personally?"

     "I am not scared."

     Hyoyoung laughed as she stitched the heart on the left side of the doll. "Puhlease. You wouldn't gather mages to fight for you if you're not ing scared. Plus, I haven't even done anything yet. What are you so afraid of?"

     "But you're thinking it. I know you Hyo. I have gathered mages to save Magnolia from you, not to fight for me."

     "Then why not face me yourself?"

     "I have duties."

     "Which is why you have that council of yours. Dear sister please, if you're scared of me just say so."

     "I am not scared- I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you. Ugh, I'm out. Please don't do something stupid."

     "Not the boss of me Hwa," Hyoyoung said in a sing song voice as she admired her doll. When she received no answer, she figured that her sister was irritated at her so she just smirked in victory. “Now it’s time to make the people you’ll control.” She set the doll on the coffee table and stood up. She headed for her study table to grab pieces of parchment and ink since she already had a quill with her. She laid said things on the table and sat down on the chair. When she was comfortable, she started to draw on the parchment.

     Since the parchment was a bit long, she was able to draw two men on it; each was wearing tattered sweaters and leggings (Though the leggings weren’t seen in the drawing). When she was done, she admired her work before setting it aside and reaching for another piece of parchment. This parchment was shorter than the first one so she was able to draw only one person. She carefully drew details, afraid of making even the slightest mistake. Like the first two, he was wearing a tattered sweater and black leggings. When she finished, she admired it again before repeating it all over again. She was able to draw three more people; two in a long piece of parchment and another in a shorter piece of parchment. The last three were wearing tattered sweaters as well and black leggings. She named the drawings in order from oldest to youngest. That is, the eldest would be the first one to be drawn and the youngest would be the last. She wrote Hakyeon on the first drawing, then Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Wonsik, Hongbin and Sanghyuk on the succeding drawings. She decided that the ones sharing a piece of parchment would be twins because, well, it was as if they were born at the same time. She also added a sort of scarf around the necks of Jaehwan, Hongbin and Sanghyuk and wrote notes on each drawing regarding characteristics such as haircolor and height. She also wrote 'salamangka' but was not specific on what kind of salamangka she'd give the six.


     When Hyoyoung was done, she made sure that the ink on all the parchments were dry before picking the first parchment. She held it on top of her left palm face up; then hovered her right hand on top of it. She then made swirling motions with her right hand and watched the parchment slowly vanish as the ink left it. Her eyes followed the ink as it materialized in front of her. When it finished, she did the same to the other four drawings.

     A few minutes later she was standing in front of six tall men who had their eyes close and blank expressions on their faces. "Awaken," she ordered. The six men simultaneously opened their eyes, revealing 'X's as their irises and pupils. They blinked a few times and their eyes returned to normal.

     "Now to test if it really works," she mumbled, heading to the couch and grabbing the doll from the coffee table. The six- which Hyoyoung decided she would call VIXX- followed her silently and stood again in front of her. Hyoyoung's eyes turned red as transparent strings shot out from VIXX and attached itself to the doll. Hyoyoung tested the connection and found out that it was now invisible and that it could be stretched. She raised the doll’s left hand and saw that VIXX also raised the left hands, their irises and pupils no longer visible again and was replaced by the same ‘X’ from earlier. When she dropped the doll’s hand, VIXX dropped theirs too. Hyoyoung squealed.

     “Perfect.”


     The six brothers roamed around their mistress’ castle, taking in every detail of their new home. On the ground floor were the sitting room, the dining room, and the kitchen. The second floor was split into two; the left side was Hyoyoung’s bedroom while the right side were theirs and the servants’ room. The six of them shared one room, as they had requested. Hyoyoung had magically merged six rooms into one; with six beds, three bathrooms and six wardrobes consisting of many same knitted sweaters as the one they were currently wearing. That is, if you could call what they were wearing sweaters.

     They went to the tower-which was on the fourth floor [the only fourth floor really] of the castle- and found old paintings and drawings hidden in chests. They assumed that it was from Hyoyoung’s childhood as well, seeing that the castle itself was a gift from Hyoyoung’s father when she turned eighteen. Which was before she was locked away. They knew this how? Well, the third floor- as well as the tower- was prohibited from being entered by anyone. This piqued the curiosity of the six boys so they decided to teleport to the third floor and found out a lot about Hyoyoung’s history. Dusty old toys, clothes, books and other things were hidden there and judging by its appearance and how awfully dusty and fragile it looked, it was over a hundred years old. It was as if Hyoyoung’s past was locked away in there and she didn’t want anyone to find out.

     After discovering their mistress’ belongings, they decided that they had found out enough and instead went to the castle’s small courtyard. It was late afternoon, the sun was about to set and the sky was painted a pretty orange. Sanghyuk got bored doing nothing so he asked, “Mistress gave us salamangka, right?” He received a nod from his brothers. “And based on what she told us, we can do things with it, right?”

     Again a nod. “Then how do we know what salamangka we have?”

     This time, he didn’t receive an answer since his brothers had no idea what to answer. Jaehwan asked instead, “Did she not tell us?” This was answered by Sanghyuk shaking his head.

     Hakyeon then felt something inside him; something that he couldn’t explain. He looked at the ground and something clicked. “I wonder…” he murmured. He stretched his arm forward, fingers directed to the ground as he willed a tree to grow. A black magic seal appeared at the end of his hand as a huge tree sprung from the ground.

     “Kids,” he said, admiring his tree. “I found out what my salamangka is.”

     The remaining five stared in awe at Hakyeon’s creation. “Whoa, how did you do that?” Hongbin asked.

     Hakyeon shrugged.
"I don’t really know. I just looked at the ground and then felt something. Try to concentrate and see if you feel something… different as well.”

     Everyone did as they were told. Wonsik turned to Jaehwan, who had his eyes closed and Wonsik swore that he could see smoke coming out of the latter’s ears as he concentrated on his salamangka. Smoke, Wonsik thought. Fire. Then he felt something click. Unknowingly, his arms stretched out towards Jaehwan, who was a good few feet away from him- and before he knew it, the same black magic seal appeared at the end of his outstretched hand and fire shot out from it.

     It was heading towards Jaehwan.

     “Jaehwan look out!”

     It was too late though. By the time Jaehwan heard Wonsik’s warning and opened his eyes, all he saw was orange. And it felt hot. He had been hit by Wonsik’s fire.

     Wonsik, finally snapping out of it, quickly willed his fire to stop as he retreated his hand back. Tears had started to form in his eyes as he thought of his older brother being burnt to ashes by him. When the smoke cleared out though, he couldn’t be more relieved.

     Standing on the same spot was an unharmed and amused Jaehwan.

     “I think I found out what my salamangka is.” Jaehwan smiled. He was then enveloped in a bone crushing hug by Wonsik.

     “I’m so sorry!” Wonsik apologized. “I didn’t mean to.”

     Jaehwan smiled and hugged him back. “It’s okay.”

     They then felt something lifting them so they broke the hug only to find out that they were floating. “What the hell is happening?” Wonsik yelled as he clung onto his older brother.

     They heard laughing and saw Sanghyuk with the black magic seal under his feet and an amused expression on his face. “Are you doing this?” Jaehwan demanded.

     Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah, I guess so.” He then gently put his older brothers down.

     While all that was happening, Hakyeon turned to his twin who has not spoken since they got there. “Taek,” he said, taking the younger’s hand. “You okay?”

     Taekwoon turned to his twin and that was when Hakyeon started gasping. He was having a hard time breathing and his veins were starting to show. “H-Hakyeon? Hakyeon what’s wrong?” Taekwoon’s voice was panicked as he watched his twin fall down, losing his energy, but was still holding his hand. He used his other hand to wipe the sweat that had formed on Hakyeon’s face but that seemed to make everything worse as Hakyeon started coughing. He failed to notice the black magic seal under his feet. “Hakyeon!”

     With Taekwoon’s yell, his younger brothers quickly surrounded him; bombarding him with questions he had no idea what to answer. He let go of Hakyeon’s hands and immediately Hakyeon started catching his breath. He backed away from his brothers; eyes darting from his shaking hands (lol hyde) to his brothers’ scared eyes staring at him. He felt so scared and guilty and he just wanted to disappear. So he did.

     By now Hakyeon had stopped sweating and was trying to breathe normally. Hongbin, trusting his instincts, started healing his eldest brother. It worked since Hakyeon quickly recovered. They all sighed in relief. So I’m a healer, Hongbin thought.

     Sensing that something was wrong and that his twin was missing, Hakyeon asked, “What happened? Where’s Taekwoon?”

     They stayed silent. Seeing Hakyeon’s glare at not being answered, Wonsik spoke up, “You were almost killed. As for where Taekwoon is, I don’t know.”

     “He just disappeared, you see.” Hongbin continued, seeing Hakyeon’s confused expression. “Teleported somewhere.”

     “He looked so scared,” Jaehwan muttered. “So vulnerable.”

     At this, Hakyeon felt the urge to protect and hug his other half so he stood up. “Help me find him.” It wasn’t a request; it was an order. Everyone nodded and so they disappeared, silently agreeing to split up to cover more places.


     Hakyeon huffed in frustration as he closed their bedroom door silently. He and his brothers looked everywhere for his twin but they had no such luck in finding him. He plopped down on his bed, which was in the middle of two other beds (the arrangement of the beds were split into two sides: Jaehwan, Hakyeon and Taekwoon on one side, Hongbin Wonsik and Sanghyuk on the other) sighing as he stared at the ceiling.

     Then he heard it.

     It was a faint sniff, almost inaudible that he thought it was just his imagination. But he heard it again. So he followed the source and turned to his right. So I wasn’t alone, he thought. A figure was sitting on the floor with his back against the bed, his head on his crossed arms which were on top of his knees. His shoulders were shaking, proof that he was crying.

     “Taekwoon,” Hakyeon breathed. “There you are! We’ve been looking all over for you!” He headed to his other half and saw that true enough he was crying. His eyes were red and puffy, as well as his nose and cheeks. "I found Taekwoon," Hakyeon telepathically told his younger brothers. "We’re here at our room."

     Hakyeon made a move to touch Taekwoon but the latter moved away from him, moving to lean against the wall, far from Hakyeon. “Taekwoon.”

     “Stay away from me.” Taekwoon was scared. He didn’t want to hurt Hakyeon again.

     “Taek don’t worry, I won’t get hurt I swear,” Hakyeon tried comforting the younger but it wasn’t working.

     “I almost killed you!”

     “Well I’m alive aren’t I?” (A/N: DIVA HAKYEON PLS HIHI)

     Hakyeon heard his brothers enter their room and he saw Taekwoon’s eyes widen and he scooted further onto the wall. If that was possible. “Taekwoon listen to me,” Hakyeon pleaded. The younger shook his head before lowering it again on his knees.

     Hakyeon pouted before standing up. He then sat beside Taekwoon and tapped his shoulder. Taekwoon lifted his head and looked at Hakyeon in desperation. “Hakyeon please, stay away from-“

     He was not able to finish as he felt a pair of arms wrapping around him from his side in a hug. "Dammit Hakyeon!"

     “H-Hakyeon,” Wonsik called, worried that Hakyeon would be hurt again.

     Nothing happened.

     Hakyeon wasn’t gasping or anything; he was fine. Everyone sighed in relief.

     “See?” Hakyeon grinned as he broke the hug. “I told you I won’t get hurt.”

     “How did that happen?” Hongbin asked from Taekwoon’s bed. The other three were sitting beside him.

     “His magyk only comes from his palms,” Hakyeon explained. Before anyone else could ask, he continued, “I felt him absorbing my energy through his palms when I held his hand. He didn’t know, of course.”

     “I need to get rid of these hands,” Taekwoon muttered. He then stretched his arms towards his brothers. “Cut them for me.”

     Wonsik, Jaehwan, Hongbin and Sanghyuk looked at him incredulously. “Have you gone mad?” they asked at the same time.

     Hakyeon flicked his twin’s forehead and chopped his neck with his hand. “Don’t be stupid.”

     Taekwoon pouted as he rubbed his forehead and neck. “Well I have to do something.”

     “Yeah but not have them cut off!” [DIVA HAKYEON AGAIN GUYS]

     “What do you suggest we do then?”

     “Bandages.”

     Everyone turned to their youngest brother. “That is actually a good idea Sanghyuk!” Hongbin ruffled Sanghyuk’s hair as the latter grinned at him.

     “Why didn’t I think of that?” Hakyeon whispered to himself.

     Two rolls of bandages were then dropped onto Halyeon’s lap, courtesy of Sanghyuk. Hakyeon then started wrapping Taekwoon’s right hand while Jaehwan worked on the left. They made sure that only his palms were covered so that his hands were still useful. Hakyeon held Taekwoon’s hand again and the bandages were working since he couldn’t feel Taekwoon absorbing his energy anymore.

     “It works!”

     “You can’t hurt us now Taekwoon!” Jaehwan said happily as he held Taekwoon’s other hand. The three youngest nodded with a smile.

     “So cheer up now Taek, okay?” Taekwoon nodded and finally smiled.

     “Can we eat now?” Wonsik asked suddenly. “I’m hungry.” As if proving himself, his stomach grumbled.

     “Seriously Wonsik?” Hongbin shook his head at his twin.

     “What?” Wonsik pouted which caused everyone, including Taekwoon, to laugh.

     “Very well then,” Hakyeon said as he stood up. “It’s almost dinner anyway.” He offered his hand to Taekwoon, which the latter accepted.

     “Finally!” Wonsik ran out of the room and headed to the kitchen.

     “Wonsik, wait for me!” Jaehwan yelled as he ran after Wonsik. The others trailed behind them, shaking their heads.

     They looked mature on the outside but really, they were five year old children on the inside.

 

------

 

 

OKAY I DON’T KNOW THE LAST PART JUST POPPED INTO MY MIND I REALLY HAVE NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS. (I imagined them as 5 year olds stuck in hot effin bodies) The cut them for me bla is based on fairy tail when erza got bitten by cobra’s snake.