One step closer

My Other Half

 

It's recess time again and its been three days without Kai. He went to Macau for a week for a business deal. Why is that kid so busy? What am i supposed to do alone? Taemin thought blankly as he made his way towards the field's bench.

Today's weather is a bit mild but with a hint of heat as the sun is hiding behind the white puffs of cloud. The guy who was lying on the bench closed his eyes for a while, enjoying the small breeze. A book that he was reading before clasped tight on his chest. Without him noticing, there was a girl watching him from afar.

"Hmmm, isnt that the guy who helped me yesterday?" said Naeun who was walking towards the canteen.

Mr Cha doesnt need her help for today, so its rest day for her ! Wohooooooooooo !! After thinking for a while, she continued walking towards the canteen. About five minutes later she returned with two sweet buns and two milks. Strawberry and banana flavoured. As she walked closer, she noticed that the guy was actually sleeping. He looked calm and in peace. Aigoo, how should i wake him up? she thought.  Without realizing, she already squatted next to the bench. Her face close with his, looking intensely while thinking hard.

Ermmmm, "Should i just shake him? eyyy, that approach would be too forward....Sing a song? What singing? Ahh baboo Naeun ahh, you're not supposed to make him sleep more..Knock the table?" Naeun continued mumbling by herself while scratching the back of her hair.

"You could just say hi..." said the guy as he opened his eyes and looked directly at Naeun who was sitting close to him. Naeun whom was so shocked falls on her bum.

"Are you okay?" said the guy again and then he let out a laugh while handing his hand towards Naeun, offering her to stand up. She took his hand and stands up immediately. Covering her face with her hair, a habit she picked up when she's feeling shy.

"Hahahaha, are you always like this? Mumbling some words, falling around and spacing out?" , Taemin said with a giggle. There is something about this girl that makes him feel at ease.

"Here! have this..", Naeun quickly gave him the bun and the milk.

"Thanks, for helping me yesterday and I am sorry for..i mean when i fall..and crashed into you", she uttered.

"Ahhh, gumawo...how did you know that i havent had anything to eat yet?" Taemin gladly take the bun and the milk. His face glowing with happiness as he gave her his sweetest smile. Then he asked her to sit next to him.

"By the way, my name is Taemin, Lee Taemin..what's your name?", he asked casually as he munch on the bun that she gave. Usually he doesnt eat during breaks if Kai is not around. But somehow today he feels a bit hungry.

"Naeun, Son Naeun...hmm, what class are you from?" she asked confidently but her eyes were fixed on the ground.

"Final year...So, did you make Mr Cha mad or something? Or...hmmm its because you did badly for your test?" with a sly face he asked while drinking his milk.

Whaaaat !? He's a year older than me? He looked a wayyyy younger than his age. Look...look at the way he drink his milk now...I would be 100% sure and believe if someone said that he's a junior. By the way, how did he know that I had caused some trouble with Mr Cha? And my bad results...aishhh this is embarassing, thought Naeun.

"A bit of both...hehehe", replied Naeun while looking at him shyly. This guy who is now sitting in front of her would be the nicest and friendliest person she ever met, she thought. His smile is warm just like summer and his company is soothing like a gentle breeze.

With that, the bright and sunny-like-smile Taemin got closer to the clumsy and spaced out Naeun. One step sloser...

 

Tommorow is my first day of part-time work...i hope I can have lots of energy after work..i cant wait to continue writing and i want to finish it as palli as possible...take care and fighting !!! ^^